IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

1 hour ago, dingformung said:

"Vanity is the evil twin of creativity. Those who value themselves too much are no longer open to new ideas and approaches. They already “know it all.” The only way to avoid this trap is to maintain the humility that accompanies knowledge and experience. We all have a tremendous amount to learn. No one knows everything.

If you are too attached to your own ideas, you will never be able to reach a good solution. You will never be able to hear what other people are saying or follow the spirit of an idea. The more important the decision, the more you need to be receptive to others’ ideas.

Curiosity and creativity are the necessary counterweights to the natural tendency to get stuck in your own way of thinking."

-  Richard D. James

Where's this quote from? I tried googling but nothing comes up

• Big Brain 1

On 5/26/2021 at 8:52 AM, dingformung said:

pee pee poo poo.

Not very many people enjoy going to the bathroom. There are certain things that make it unpleasant.

Toilet paper isn’t always readily available. Sometimes you have to go elsewhere to find a bathroom. Sometimes you have to wait in line to use the toilet.

Even when you can find a bathroom, there may be other people in the room trying to use the toilet at the same time.

In order to deal with these situations, you need a device that can help you. This device should have everything you need to successfully relieve yourself.

If you can find a device that includes these features, it will make your life easier. It will make that time spent in the bathroom a lot more pleasant.

One of my favorite things to think about is how our bodies have to give us dopamine every time we take a shit because otherwise nobody would want to do it.

• Sad 1

I hope one day scientists will figure out a way to upload all the memories our brains contain into the cloud. then I will spend the rest of my life re-watching years 1993 - 2003. the highlights were all around '97 or '98. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Being is an infinite movement of consciousness which, under the name of death, returns to its original state - its source - from where it has the potential to transform into life again.

Death is a movement of consciousness which, under the name of life, returns to its original state - its source - from where it has the potential to transform into death again.

Spoiler

The same principle as above applies to all levels of existence - to all forms of life. Every form of life is a constant movement of consciousness which returns to its source every time it transforms itself into another form of life.

This principle also applies to all things and phenomena in nature.

Every thing and phenomenon in nature is a constant movement of consciousness which returns to its source every time it transforms itself into some other thing or phenomenon in nature.

This principle also applies to all mental states. Every mental state has the potential of transforming itself into some other mental state. When you are angry, for example, you can transform that anger into compassion - forgiveness - understanding - love or whatever else you want. And this is not just something you can do once or twice but it is something you can do repeatedly throughout your life. This means that every mental state has the potential of transforming itself into every other mental state. This is the principle of transformation in nature.

The principle of transformation in nature is a universal principle that applies to everything that exists in nature - including human beings.

Every human being is a constant movement of consciousness which has the potential of transforming itself into every other form of life. The same is true for all human beings. The individual who exists today will not exist tomorrow and the individual who exists tomorrow will not exist today. The individual who exists today is a movement of consciousness which will transform itself into another form of life - another person - tomorrow or the day after tomorrow or next week or next month or next year or in ten years time or twenty years time or thirty years time or fifty years time etc..

Time, however, is not the only factor in transformation. There are other factors as well. The individual who exists today has the potential of transforming itself into some other form of life - some other person - tomorrow or next week or next month or next year or in ten years time or twenty years time or thirty years time or fifty years time etc.. This means that there are factors which can accelerate this process of transformation.

There are also factors which can slow down this process of transformation.

The question is, what are these factors? What are the factors that accelerate and slow down the process of transformation?

The first factor is consciousness. Consciousness is one of the most important factors in transformation because consciousness is one of the most important factors in everything that exists in nature - including human beings. When an individual develops his/her consciousness, when he/she becomes more conscious, when he/she becomes more aware, when he/she becomes more mindful, when he/she becomes more attentive, when he/she becomes more focused, when he/she becomes more concentrated, when he/she becomes more alert, when he/she becomes more sensitive, etc.. the process of transformation will be accelerated.

so i joined WATMM 15 years ago today! and i was 13 at the time, which means i have been active here for over half of my life. surely this is some kind of record?

Spoiler

also i still haven't read the rules.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dragon said:

so i joined WATMM 15 years ago today! and i was 13 at the time, which means i have been active here for over half of my life. surely this is some kind of record?

Hide contents

also i still haven't read the rules.

just knowing there were 13 year olds on here makes me feel like some sort of a pedo. I don't think it's entirely ethical for someone that age to be exposed to all the nonsensical ramblings that are known to happen on here from time to time.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1

2 minutes ago, logakght said:

i still laugh at pee pee poo poo jokes

Everyone has bum, everyone can relate, binding the human race together. Farts for peace. 

I met a very recently homeless kid (only 21) who just got out of a foster home and spent the afternoon with him.  He told me that he found a rotting human head in an abandoned building and I'm unsure of whether I should let the police know.  I'm afraid of making myself a suspect.

Other than that it was pretty chill, we had a lot of the kind of open conversation that you can only have with people who are at rock bottom.

• Like 3

Definitely let the police know. Unless you’re not white, I guess. Then it might be too much of a gamble. 

I think saying that you were afraid they would consider you a suspect is a legitimate answer to that question. But is there no way of reporting this type of thing anonymously where you are? In NL there's a phonenumber for anonymous police tips, I mean it's probably not anonymous as they'll probably have the exact time and location the call was made logged but in most cases this information wouldn't be used. Or maybe you can get someone else to report it for you? Don't get me wrong, I'd probably have the same doubts as you but the only right thing to do is to report it. It could belong to a missing person whose family has been wondering about where they left their head at for ages. Or it could be a rotting cabbage.

Well the guy said that he wasn't 100% sure it was a real head and that he got the fuck out before making sure because he was too freaked out.  Honestly I'm more worried about the guy's safety than the head right now.  I can see about anonymous tips though.

There is a chaotic anarchy that makes up soul life, and there is a deep, true order that creates soul life.

Here we meet again the confrontation of chaos and order. Through equilibrium and counterbalance, an energy field is formed, an energy organization that is viewed as a law. There is a similar order in the universe. Most people do not understand this order because they are too haunted by the disorder in their life and those around them. Many people have learned to stand against the environment because of their human instinct for survival, and like an animal that has to survive, they imagine that everything and everyone is against them. Some people have a more subtle sensorium that tells them that order is reflected in the world and they know that they belong to it. They understand the order in their environment and recognize the patterns according to which everything happens. These patterns are not created on purpose, they are not plans that individual people have worked out. They are the natural order of the world.

Without the play of chaos and order, nothing we see and experience would be possible. While these two sides of the universe are in a state of equilibrium, they are also in constant flux.

Order is the basis of everything that we experience as "reality". If we use the mind, we can not only understand this game, but also influence it.

There is no order without chaos and no chaos without order. They are always connected. When looking at one side, we should always consider the other side. Both aspects are inseparable.

Our entire world is shaped by these two aspects. The universe is a whole. It is a closed system in itself. The universe is designed to exist and we humans are part of that system.

We are an integral part of the universe and we can influence it. We have to learn how to master the chaos in our life. We have to learn how to master ourselves and bring order into our life. It is possible, but not easy. It takes discipline, patience and perseverance. At the same time, we need to know how to disperse that order again, because without chaos there is no room for change. In the end, it is all about balance and equilibrium.

In our daily life, we have to be aware of this order and disorder. We have to be aware of the influence we have on the world around us. We are part of that world and we are changing it with every thought, every feeling and every action. We are influencing the world and the universe with our thoughts, feelings and actions.

The universe is a whole and there is no separation between us and everything else. Everything is connected in one way or another. It is impossible to separate ourselves from this universal whole. There is no such thing as separation, except in our imagination. Our imagination is the only thing that separates us from the universe. We have to learn how to be part of the universe and to know how to influence it. We have to learn how to be a creator.

We can influence the universe in two ways:

First, we can consciously change our own world. We can change our environment and we can change ourselves. We can change our emotions, thoughts and actions.

Second, we can unconsciously change the world around us. We can influence our environment and other people. We can change our environment and we can change other people. We can change their emotions, thoughts and actions.

The two ways are not contradictory.

Edited by dingformung
They are not even two ways. They are one way. We are part of the universe and we influence it.
  • Like 2
  • Farnsworth 1

36 minutes ago, dingformung said:

There is a chaotic anarchy that makes up soul life, and there is a deep, true order that creates soul life.

Here we meet again the confrontation of chaos and order. Through equilibrium and counterbalance, an energy field is formed, an energy organization that is viewed as a law. There is a similar order in the universe. Most people do not understand this order because they are too haunted by the disorder in their life and those around them. Many people have learned to stand against the environment because of their human instinct for survival, and like an animal that has to survive, they imagine that everything and everyone is against them. Some people have a more subtle sensorium that tells them that order is reflected in the world and they know that they belong to it. They understand the order in their environment and recognize the patterns according to which everything happens. These patterns are not created on purpose, they are not plans that individual people have worked out. They are the natural order of the world.

Without the play of chaos and order, nothing we see and experience would be possible. While these two sides of the universe are in a state of equilibrium, they are also in constant flux.

Order is the basis of everything that we experience as "reality". If we use the mind, we can not only understand this game, but also influence it.

There is no order without chaos and no chaos without order. They are always connected. When looking at one side, we should always consider the other side. Both aspects are inseparable.

Our entire world is shaped by these two aspects. The universe is a whole. It is a closed system in itself. The universe is designed to exist and we humans are part of that system.

We are an integral part of the universe and we can influence it. We have to learn how to master the chaos in our life. We have to learn how to master ourselves and bring order into our life. It is possible, but not easy. It takes discipline, patience and perseverance. At the same time, we need to know how to disperse that order again, because without chaos there is no room for change. In the end, it is all about balance and equilibrium.

In our daily life, we have to be aware of this order and disorder. We have to be aware of the influence we have on the world around us. We are part of that world and we are changing it with every thought, every feeling and every action. We are influencing the world and the universe with our thoughts, feelings and actions.

The universe is a whole and there is no separation between us and everything else. Everything is connected in one way or another. It is impossible to separate ourselves from this universal whole. There is no such thing as separation, except in our imagination. Our imagination is the only thing that separates us from the universe. We have to learn how to be part of the universe and to know how to influence it. We have to learn how to be a creator.

We can influence the universe in two ways:

First, we can consciously change our own world. We can change our environment and we can change ourselves. We can change our emotions, thoughts and actions.

Second, we can unconsciously change the world around us. We can influence our environment and other people. We can change our environment and we can change other people. We can change their emotions, thoughts and actions.

The two ways are not contradictory.

kind of like when you go on a bender then follow it up with few days of detoxin n' healthy livin? I can dig it

• Like 1

i discovered the university radio station. i left the radio on for the cat when i left the house they were playing chip tune video game music and when i came back home some intense metal was playing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1