IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

people who don't excell at things should be sewn inside of horse costumes (two persons per) & then put through a prolonged manchurian candidate style brainwashing campaign to convince them they actually are horses. then the people who are left will ride them to get places, as is befitting a king. this will solve the problem of global warming as well, there are many benefits

11 minutes ago, Wunderbar said:

When u try to follow it. DO you hear the note of the instrument going up or down or like your own voice in your head doing it.

that's a weird yet interesting question. which raises many questions: 

why are you asking that? what made you think of that? what about you, do you hear your voice or the instrument (or both)? why did you type "do" in all caps?

Edited by brian trageskin

12 minutes ago, Wunderbar said:

oh yeah, that's called audiation. which is completely different from what you're asking. you're mixing up 2 different things. 

Yea i noticed it was different. But i started trying to do it and now my voice wont shut up when im listening to music. I wonder if thats just ADD or maybe other people hear their voice doubling up the instrument aswell when they listne to music. But i hadnt heard of that term before i will check it out.

I  didnt mean anything by that capitalization.

i just realized you didn't mention if the music was new or already known to the listener, i assumed your question was about previously unheard music, for no reason.

if you already know the music, you audiate - meaning you hear the melody in your head before it's even played. if not, your brain just processes and memorizes the pitches. 

• Like 1

I have it with both new and known music. Its kinda like being at a concert and some asshole next to you is screaming the whole melody. Very annoying because i don't know how to not do it now.  I feel like im just overthinking it constantly,really ruins music listening compared to when i dont have that problem. Because when i dont have that problem im able to follow / hear the melody much better.

So whats it like for u when u listen to music ?
And when u audit u hear your voice or the instrument in your head. Like in the video when the bass drops out. I was only able to hear my voice because thats all im thinking of now.

2 minutes ago, Wunderbar said:

I have it with both new and known music. Its kinda like being at a concert and some asshole next to you is screaming the whole melody. Very annoying because i don't know how to not do it now.  I feel like im just overthinking it constantly,really ruins music listening compared to when i dont have that problem. Because when i dont have that problem im able to follow / hear the melody much better.

if you have it with new music, it's not audiation, it's just very fast processing from your brain. which can be super useful when coupled with ear training and knowledge of music theory.

15 minutes ago, Wunderbar said:

So whats it like for u when u listen to music ?
And when u audit u hear your voice or the instrument in your head. Like in the video when the bass drops out. I was only able to hear my voice because thats all im thinking of now.

when i listen to music i already know, i hear the instruments in my head, not my voice. you might have a brain lesion my friend  :trollface:

btw, i forgot to mention that one can audiate even with new music, when the music follows a familiar/predictable pattern and you can hear what's coming next in advance. and music is all about predictability, repetition, surprise, subverting expectations etc.

3 minutes ago, zero said:

my beard smells like dog food

i've smelled my beard for the first time because of this post

neutral smell but now i feel i'll always give my beard a smell

every once and a while

• Thanks 1
  • Big Brain 1

On 7/15/2021 at 9:56 PM, Wunderbar said:

When u guys listen too music do you hear your own voice singing the melody or the instrument playing it ?

i can get behind this - not so much from a musical theory stance, but more about how i experience it.

one thing about me is that i love screaming, and i wish i had more opportunities to scream the way i want to. this has channeled into the way i use and enjoy music - even as a teenager when i suddenly discovered aphex and all the warp/skam/rephlex artists, i was already doing it in my head.

when i listen to music with the right type of sounds, i am screaming inside my head and the music is releasing those screams. it's really more like singing (i like to say screeching, squealing, hooting or whatever).

albums like Exai, AFX AB4, Geogaddi, ICBYD, and the Analord series are really good for this. here is a prime example:

imagine how it would feel to be able to make that noise!!