IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

the allegory of the man cave suggests that the sports memrobilia, unused exercise equipment, crude sexual humour, various pop cultural symbols of rugged masculinity etc with which u surround yourself form a sort of shadow world. the mancave is a simulacra display of virility that never truly extends itself out into unexplored terrain. the man cave is the realm of the demiurge, the blind idiot god who rules over the earth with cruel saturnian (but ultimately impotent) instinct. he is fully contained within the womb of the goddess that is material reality, much like your mancave is contained within a house otherwise conforming to your wife's aesthetic's sensibilities, and is only allowed to endure according to her whim (and thus it is never more than an empty/falsified expression of masculine assertiveness). the gnostics say that there is some ultimate ground of reality beyond all this, beyond the world of the demiurge or even the universal goddess. perhaps it is this that you see reflected in your stack of dumbbells collecting dust in the corner since march 2017. a faint whisper, a promise. a dream of truly gettin turnt up with the boys one more time, wifey b damned

• Like 2
  • Big Brain 2

You know things are bad when you’ve had to wipe and bleach the underside of the toilet seat, and then had to take an emergency post-shit shower. 

• Haha 1

On 3/26/2021 at 3:05 PM, zkom said:

Has there ever been a country that has been made independent against their will? Like the parent country just granted them independence and told them to fuck off?

Coming back to this over 4 months later, I found out this is exactly what happened to Singapore.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

anyone heard from zen master ding lately? genuinely curious to know how the ding saga ends. last we heard he was chasing rabbits into oncoming traffic. wonder whatever could he be up to next...

@dingformung is anybody out there?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, cichlisuite said:

Since The Fortunate Son is like a pop culture soundtrack for Vietnam films, what do you think will be the signature song for Afghanistan war films in the future?

party rock is in the house toniiight

46 minutes ago, Eggs said:

party rock is in the house toniiight

I can already see the dark-spectacled marines clutching their carbines and bobbing their heads in blackhawk helis

we need another one for serene sun set scenes

Edited by cichlisuite

As much as I’m annoyed by people talking loudly into their phone (bonuspoints if it’s on speaker ofc) I actually enjoy the sound of someone speaking into their phone at a low volume. I’m waiting for the sidevaxxx to kick in and there’s an Italian girl across me speaking softly into her phone and it’s so soothing. 

On 8/17/2021 at 5:54 PM, cichlisuite said:

Since The Fortunate Son is like a pop culture soundtrack for Vietnam films, what do you think will be the signature song for Afghanistan war films in the future?

Everything by Muslimgauze

• Farnsworth 1
  • Big Brain 1

U can really tell by these podcast ads what they think of their audience. Its always ads about  grooming or ED / balding pills.

Like we are all balding fat guys with erectile dysfunction.

Ey fat asshole ever heard of hygiene ? Go over to manscape and use code loser for 5% off.

Edited by Wunderbar
  • Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 11:48 PM, Wunderbar said:

U can really tell by these podcast ads what they think of their audience. Its always ads about  grooming or ED / balding pills.

Like we are all balding fat guys with erectile dysfunction.

Ey fat asshole ever heard of hygiene ? Go over to manscape and use code loser for 5% off.

Is the dollar shave club still going strong? ?

On a related note, you watch one music production video and suddenly it's  ***bUy My MiDi ChOrD pAcK!!!*** fucking everywhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArtificialDisco said:

Is the dollar shave club still going strong? ?

On a related note, you watch one music production video and suddenly it's  ***bUy My MiDi ChOrD pAcK!!!*** fucking everywhere.

pretty sure the internet is powered by midi chord pack ads and keto diet ads

• Haha 1

On 8/20/2021 at 3:46 PM, ArtificialDisco said:

you want a catchy melody? i got you.

*plays frozen theme*

Edited by brian trageskin

itd be pretty cool if there was one of those "edm production hacks" videos but it secretly just tricked people into making the brown note.

"Hey guys, comin' atcha today with a little production trick that's going to absolutely make you lose your shit"

On 8/18/2021 at 7:54 AM, cichlisuite said:

I don't think there will be any. Afghanistan won't be remembered in the same way Vietnam was. a lot has changed since Vietnam both in terms of how conflicts are PR-managed and in terms of how the public perceives and feels about those conflicts. Vietnam was a lightning rod for a long-running popular anti-war movement while people were mostly apathetic and fragmented around Afghanistan. I don't think Afghanistan will be a catalyst for music or film or any kind of post-conflict reflective art, it'll just recede into memory as a dull failure and nothing will be learned from it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, usagi said:

I don't think there will be any. Afghanistan won't be remembered in the same way Vietnam was. a lot has changed since Vietnam both in terms of how conflicts are PR-managed and in terms of how the public perceives and feels about those conflicts. Vietnam was a lightning rod for a long-running popular anti-war movement while people were mostly apathetic and fragmented around Afghanistan. I don't think Afghanistan will be a catalyst for music or film or any kind of post-conflict reflective art, it'll just recede into memory as a dull failure and nothing will be learned from it.

i was only half-serious with that question, but I think you underestimate the money and PR potential of it, which makes it inevitable to happen, imho. Give it 10 years and I'm sure a filmmaker or two will grab the opportunity to ingratiate him/herself with the suits. I agree with you that the public perception is very different (which might be an interesting cultural study in itself), and so there wont be the Fortunate Son of Afghanistan (hence the tongue-in-cheek question). However, I have this garbage theory that directors who want to achieve the undying hallmark have to make a post-conflict reflective film ( *cough* propaganda *cough*) film: De Niro - The Good Shepherd, Eastwood - American Sniper, Spielberg - Bridge of Spies and Saving Private Ryan, Mike Nichols - Charlie Wilson's War, to name just a few

On 8/17/2021 at 9:21 PM, zero said:

anyone heard from zen master ding lately? genuinely curious to know how the ding saga ends. last we heard he was chasing rabbits into oncoming traffic. wonder whatever could he be up to next...

@dingformung is anybody out there?

he's probably rotting in a prison cell as we're speaking, somewhere in the depths of bavaria. what a disgusting human being.

• Farnsworth 1