IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

It only just dawned on me that jajajaja is pronounced the same as hahahaha to anyone from Mexico, hence the alternate spelling (chatting with someone who moved from there to here.  Sometimes she switches from j to h over the course of a single laugh, flaunting her mastery of two languages).

• Like 1
  • Big Brain 1

1 hour ago, ManjuShri said:

Wondering what the tip of an actual lightning bolt looks like.

it's plasma, much like the rest of the lightning, if by the tip you mean the point that connects to the ground, as the overall phenomena is more instantaneous in nature

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cichlisuite said:

it's plasma, much like the rest of the lightning, if by the tip you mean the point that connects to the ground, as the overall phenomena is more instantaneous in nature

What? It's obviously pointy.

:emotawesomepm9:

• Like 1

Since the neuroticization of schizophrenia is the molecular reproduction of capital, by means of a reaxiomatization (reterritorialization) of decoding as accumulation, the historical sense of psychoanalytic practice is evident. Schizophrenia is the pattern to Freud’s repressions, it is that which does not qualify to pass the screen of Oedipal censorship. With those who bow down to Oedipus we can do business, even make a little money, but schizophrenics refuse transference, won't play daddy and mummy, operate on a cosmic-religious plane, the only thing we can do is lock them up (cut up their brains, fry them with electricity, straightjacket them in Thorazine ...). Behind the social workers are the police, and behind the psychoanalysts are the psychopolice. Deleuze-Guattari remark that ‘madness is called madness and appears as such only because it finds itself reduced to testifying all alone for deterritorialization as a universal process’. The vanishing sandbank of Oedipus wages its futile war against the tide. ‘There are still not enough psychotics’ writes Artaud the insurrectionist. Clinical schizophrenics are pows from the future. 

Since only Oedipus is repressible, the schizo is usually a lost case to those relatively subtilized psychiatric processes that co-operate with the endogeneous police functions of the superego. This is why antischizophrenic psychiatry tends to be an onslaught launched at gross or molar neuroanatomy and neurochemistry oriented by 
theoretical genetics. Psychosurgery, ect, psychopharmacology ... it will be chromosomal recoding soon. ‘It is thus that a tainted society has invented psychiatry in order to defend itself from the investigations of certain superior lucidities whose faculties of divination disturb it’.

The medico-security apparatus know that schizos are not going to climb back obediently into the Oedipal box. Psychoanalysis washes its hands of them. Their nervous-systems are the free-fire zones of an emergent neo-eugenicist cultural security system.

Far from being a specifiable defect of human central nervous system functioning, schizophrenia is the convergent motor of cyberpositive escalation: an extraterritorial vastness to be discovered. Although such discovery occurs under conditions that might be to a considerable extent specifiable, whatever the progress in mapping the genetic, 
biochemical, aetiological, socio-economic, etc. ‘bases’ of schizophrenia, it remains the case that conditions of reality are not reducible to conditions of encounter. This is ‘the dazzling dark truth that shelters in delirium’. Schizophrenia would still be out there, whether or not our species had been blessed with the opportunity to travel to it. 

... it is the end that is the commencement. 

And that end

is the very one [celle-meme] 

that eliminates

all the means

From Fanged Noumena

• Burger 1
  • Big Brain 1

please explain this sentence to me:

Since the neuroticization of schizophrenia is the molecular reproduction of capital, by means of a reaxiomatization (reterritorialization) of decoding as accumulation, the historical sense of psychoanalytic practice is evident.

also this:

Schizophrenia is the pattern to Freud’s repressions, it is that which does not qualify to pass the screen of Oedipal censorship.

and this: 

Far from being a specifiable defect of human central nervous system functioning, schizophrenia is the convergent motor of cyberpositive escalation: an extraterritorial vastness to be discovered.

and this: 

And that end

that eliminates

all the means

Edited by brian trageskin

@brian trageskin

Since the neuroticization of schizophrenia is the molecular reproduction of capital, by means of a reaxiomatization (reterritorialization) of decoding as accumulation, the historical sense of psychoanalytic practice is evident.

Schizophrenia is characterized by a recurring denial of the signifiers that are enforced by whatever power structure is in place.  Psychotherapy is a practice of turning people into tools that serve the current social hierarchy.  Schizophrenia is unwieldy in this setting because it constantly finds a way to escape from the prescribed treatments.

Schizophrenia is the pattern to Freud’s repressions, it is that which does not qualify to pass the screen of Oedipal censorship.

As said above, psychotherapy is repressive and schizophrenia is adaptive and uncontainable.

Far from being a specifiable defect of human central nervous system functioning, schizophrenia is the convergent motor of cyberpositive escalation: an extraterritorial vastness to be discovered.

Schizophrenia is a microcosm of human advancement, but on a much faster timeline.  Schizophrenics aren't broken, there just ahead of the rest of humanity, if we consider that human progress is characterized by the formation of different assemblages and the simultaneous dissolution of former ones.  Psychotherapy is a fascist police force over the minds of advanced individuals who have progressed too far beyond the socius.  Instead of trying to shackle and drug schizophrenics we should be learning from them; they're the prophets of cyberspace.

And that end

that eliminates

all the means

This part is just a quote from an Artaud poem.  The connotation here is that it's best to accelerate the processes that are bringing us to a certain end instead of trying to resist them.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

@brian trageskin

Schizophrenia is characterized by a recurring denial of the signifiers that are enforced by whatever power structure is in place.  Psychotherapy is a practice of turning people into tools that serve the current social hierarchy.  Schizophrenia is unwieldy in this setting because it constantly finds a way to escape from the prescribed treatments.

As said above, psychotherapy is repressive and schizophrenia is adaptive and uncontainable.

Schizophrenia is a microcosm of human advancement, but on a much faster timeline.  Schizophrenics aren't broken, there just ahead of the rest of humanity, if we consider that human progress is characterized by the formation of different assemblages and the simultaneous dissolution of former ones.  Psychotherapy is a fascist police force over the minds of advanced individuals who have progressed too far beyond the socius.  Instead of trying to shackle and drug schizophrenics we should be learning from them; they're the prophets of cyberspace.

This part is just a quote from an Artaud poem.  The connotation here is that it's best to accelerate the processes that are bringing us to a certain end instead of trying to resist them.

Please keep in mind that Artuad's schizophrenia caused his much suffering, (internally, that is, completely apart from Society and the State, etc.)

And anyone who references 'thorazine' or 'psychoanalysis' in relation to schizophrenia(Land, in this case), well that's kind of a red flag that suggests that  the data they're working with is like pre-1970 or thereabouts.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

Psychotherapy is a practice of turning people into tools that serve the current social hierarchy.  Schizophrenia is unwieldy in this setting because it constantly finds a way to escape from the prescribed treatments.

is this your opinion or nick land's? cause i'm not sold. in what way is psychotherapy repressive and "a practice of turning people into tools that serve the current social hierarchy"?

25 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

i'm sorry but this sounds like a load of bull. 

also, 

883747f1d3c633a7e23f48a1bd22d508.jpg

28 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

oh ok. cool. i've read some artaud in my youth, fucking loved it. 

1 hour ago, drillkicker said:

psychotherapy is repressive and schizophrenia is adaptive

Psychotherapy is a fascist police force over the minds of advanced individuals who have progressed too far beyond the socius.  Instead of trying to shackle and drug schizophrenics we should be learning from them; they're the prophets of cyberspace.

Drill, have you ever done any psychotherapy? 

Also, weren't you the one who was afraid you were having a stress/anxiety-enduced psychotic break? Or that you had schizophrenia? (You posted that in first world problems )

i'm pretty strongly anti psychiatry personally but at the same time i recognize that for a lot of people it's probably exactly what they're looking for

also speaking of artaud i'm reading him rn to try to improve my francais again

Edited by Cryptowen

btw i forgot to comment this. here's what land says:

Schizophrenia is the pattern to Freud’s repressions, it is that which does not qualify to pass the screen of Oedipal censorship.

and here's what you said about it:

13 hours ago, drillkicker said:

that doesn't answer my question. what are freud's repressions, what is oedipal censorship and what's schizophrenia got to do with it? 

9 hours ago, brian trageskin said:

btw i forgot to comment this. here's what land says:

and here's what you said about it:

that doesn't answer my question. what are freud's repressions, what is oedipal censorship and what's schizophrenia got to do with it? 

this is a weird ask imo - why do you want someone on watmm to explain Freud’s theory of repression to you? just look it up dude

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

this is a weird ask imo - why do you want someone on watmm to explain Freud’s theory of repression to you? just look it up dude

no. i just wanna check if drillkicker actually understands the stuff he posts. i don't give a shit about freudian theory.

• Haha 1