IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

saw a billboard for a a funeral home promoting $895 cremations and $3,995 funerals. I'm not sure what the intention is here by advertising this. is this to try and get people to think about going with a cheaper option? like fuck it, just burn me. won't know the difference at that point. let the relatives spend the money saved on beer or weed or something.

"The Variants" is still available as a band name on bandcamp.com, but Omnicron is taken by a user there, who happens to have Burial Antidawn EP as the most recent item in their collection.  Which one of you is it?

The Delta Varient is still available too.

• Big Brain 1

20 hours ago, ignatius said:

Why would you need food in the metaverse?  We have the technology to create an entirely new world and we're using it to create an even worse version of the world we already have to live in?  Wtf

11 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

Why would you need food in the metaverse?  We have the technology to create an entirely new world and we're using it to create an even worse version of the world we already have to live in?  Wtf

it's a shopping cart so people can shop virtually and have it delivered to their home or they can go pick it up. instead of using a website you do it in the metaverse because.. idk.. reasons? 

58 minutes ago, ignatius said:

it's a shopping cart so people can shop virtually and have it delivered to their home or they can go pick it up. instead of using a website you do it in the metaverse because.. idk.. reasons? 

It's just.. why would you want to shop online like this and not a regular web shop where you can do things like sort by price and use the fucking text search for god's sake. The most frustrating part of going to a physical store is finding the actual product from the shelves instead of using the search and sort functions you get online.

It all reminds me of the good old Microsoft Bob which was supposed to make the PC desktop more intuitive by making the desktop look like a home office but in the end no one actually wanted to use it.

Bill-Gates-Hints-at-the-Return-of-Micros

Also lol at the whole dystopian vibe of the video. Very Black Mirror. At least Bob looked friendly and human.

• Like 2

I mean ffs they could at least improve on the shopping experience somehow instead of just replicating it. Let me get a discount if I go 2 for 2 free throwing my produce. Lemme shop in a dungeon. Lemme shop with an entourage of hoes at my side. Put a bunch of maskless people in there and let me slap the shit out of them. 

• Like 1
  • Burger 1

the metaverse is going to be such a great hangout place for pervs. how long before those digital blue hands start trying to grope the personal shopper chick? 

14 minutes ago, zkom said:

It all reminds me of the good old Microsoft Bob which was supposed to make the PC desktop more intuitive by making the desktop look like a home office but in the end no one actually wanted to use it.

Also lol at the whole dystopian vibe of the video. Very Black Mirror. At least Bob looked friendly and human.

giving me windows 3.1 flashbacks maaaan

2 hours ago, zkom said:

It's just.. why would you want to shop online like this and not a regular web shop where you can do things like sort by price and use the fucking text search for god's sake. The most frustrating part of going to a physical store is finding the actual product from the shelves instead of using the search and sort functions you get online.

oh i agree. i think it's totally stupid. metaverse will be a weird cash grab speculative sideshow for a while until 'the market' figures out what it's good for. 

Very sad today. There's a book shop that's run by volunteers that I spend so much time at (all books are donated and sold dirt cheap, all profits go to keeping the lights on and the rest goes to charity). The selection the book shop has is absolutely astounding. From lots of 60s editions of classic French novels, to 70s music magazines, old coffee table art books, obscure books on esoteric science, auction catalogues from the 90s, etc. Not only that but it's such a cool building. It's small but is on 3 floors and has a spiral staircase running down the middle of it. I overheard a conversation last week about volunteering at the book shop so I thought I'd swing by today to ask if they needed any more volunteers. The lady at the shop told me that the owner of the shop (lovely old man who would always say hello to me in the street and would always tell me about his visits to England every time he saw the Barclays logo on my bank card) passed away last night and that the shop would be closing down some time in the next few months.

Never got his name but rest in peace Monsieur.

• Sad 6

no one gives a shit but i've been checking out syl kougaï's tweets on a regular basis since the beginning of the pandemic, just for the lols and to get a glimpse of the latest trendy conspiracy theories (he's a french "idm" artist from the same town i used to live in - i really don't care for his music, i'm only interested in the tweets - yes, i have plenty of time to waste on stupid shit i don't really care about). 

i've mentioned his tweets before but holy crap, is he dumb and brainwashed. and it keeps getting worse. he's knee-deep in this bullshit (so is my mom but i've alrealdy talked about that). it's quite hilarious to witness though, which is why i keep getting back for more.

that's it. some unknown french musician is awfully gullible and uses the web to showcase his stupidity and contribute to the spread of misinformation. no one gives a shit. bye.

• Like 1

Yea i feel like that is how its supposed to be. I cant help but overthink everything as of late and totally takes the joy out of things.

I used to get goosebumps lot when listening to music, but ever since this whole "how are u actually supposed to be listening to music" that seems to have faded away.

Its a totally dumb thought and idk why it keeps infiltrating my brain.

Same with trying to sleep i keep thinking about how to fall asleep but its not thinking about it that helps u fall asleep faster.

Edited by Wunderbar

12 hours ago, Wunderbar said:

Yea i feel like that is how its supposed to be. I cant help but overthink everything as of late and totally takes the joy out of things.

I used to get goosebumps lot when listening to music, but ever since this whole "how are u actually supposed to be listening to music" that seems to have faded away.

Its a totally dumb thought and idk why it keeps infiltrating my brain.

sounds to me like you're describing the act of listening actively to music, just like musicians do when they analyze pitch content, time signatures and so on. 

i can see why it would bother you if that's become your default mode of listening and that prevents you from actually enjoying the music. but you could see this as an opportunity to develop your musical skills, by trying to reproduce what you're hearing on a keyboard and analyzing the harmony for example. you could use it to your advantage and train your ears and become the new mozart instead of bitching about it like it's a fucking plague. 

Spoiler

lol  :trollface:

• Big Brain 1

16 minutes ago, Freak of the week said:

L'Hôpital's rule applies to functions that have the form f(x)/g(x), not f(x)^g(x).

Anyway, if you want to calculate 0^0 using limits then the value depends on what your function is. Limit x->0 for x^0 and 0^x will give different answers even though they both evaluate the limit for 0^0.

More formally:

lim x->0 x^0 = 1

and

lim x->0 0^x = 0