IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

There used to be blogs with all kinds of weird, quirky, obscure themes, collections, treaties on topics. It's rather sad when I go through my old bookmarks to visit favorite blogs with the latest entry being several years ago.

• Like 1

it's so fucking depressing when you catch up with an old friend you haven't talked to in ages, and during the course of conversation find out they've fallen down the anti-vax nonsensical right wing rabbit hole. it's like you thought you knew this person. like we used to hang out all the time, shooting the shit, drinking beer, what not. they seemed to share common values with you and had many an intelligent conversation with. how are you not able to see all that crap is a bunch of bullshit you now believe in?

FFS. all this divisiveness that really reared its ugly head since oh about 2015 when orange shithead came onto the political scene is just so fucking frustrating. like I really thought things were going in the right direction in regards to society having more accepting attitudes toward multiculturalism, getting along, following common sense principles, etc. then all this other crap comes along and now we're trending back to the racist, backward ass closed-mindedness of like 100 years ago. 

fuck it. bring on the AI overlords. some humans need serious brain re-programming, can't deal with all this technology. some of them need a lot of help trying to navigate this brave new world. idk what to do anymore. just manage my own bubble I guess.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, yekker said:

Does anyone else get instant anxiety when their phones start ringing?

yes. and I have 2 phones, 1 for work and 1 personal, so it's like double the heart attack.

speaking of phones - since first owning a cell phone back in 2005, I've always kept my phone on vibrate, and always keep it in my left front pocket. I think that has caused some sort of "phantom ring syndrome" to happen on my left leg. like sometimes I think my phone is vibrating in my left pocket, and I don't even have my phone with me. I instantly reach down to grab my phone when I feel what I think is my phone vibrating, and there's nothing there. I check my leg and there's no muscle twitch or anything like that going on. so the only reasonable explanation is my mind is playing tricks on me.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, zero said:

speaking of phones - since first owning a cell phone back in 2005, I've always kept my phone on vibrate, and always keep it in my left front pocket. I think that has caused some sort of "phantom ring syndrome" to happen on my left leg. like sometimes I think my phone is vibrating in my left pocket, and I don't even have my phone with me. I instantly reach down to grab my phone when I feel what I think is my phone vibrating, and there's nothing there. I check my leg and there's no muscle twitch or anything like that going on. so the only reasonable explanation is my mind is playing tricks on me.

Wild man, you are describing me to a T, like everything including the phantom vibrate.  By chance Are you left handed also?

On 1/30/2022 at 10:48 AM, Zephyr_Nova said:

I wonder how common it is for masochists to masturbate with chilli oil.

imagine how inconvenient it must be to be a sadist. no really, you'd need to get another person involved every single time you wanted to do shit like this. masochists can basically fulfill everything they need in life with stuff they find in their kitchen drawer.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2022 at 9:26 AM, zero said:

I get the exact same thing in the same pocket.  Good to know im not alone.

that phantom vibrate (and phantom ringing) phenomenon is pretty dang widespread. there's been a lot of research into it, mildly interesting. perhaps unsurprisingly, it seems that anxiety and depression play a significant role in whether someone experiences it. to be clear, i'm not calling you guys out or making any judgments here. science is, though.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25408384/

• Thanks 1

On 1/28/2022 at 7:27 PM, zero said:

it's so fucking depressing when you catch up with an old friend you haven't talked to in ages, and during the course of conversation find out they've fallen down the anti-vax nonsensical right wing rabbit hole. it's like you thought you knew this person. like we used to hang out all the time, shooting the shit, drinking beer, what not. they seemed to share common values with you and had many an intelligent conversation with. how are you not able to see all that crap is a bunch of bullshit you now believe in?

FFS. all this divisiveness that really reared its ugly head since oh about 2015 when orange shithead came onto the political scene is just so fucking frustrating. like I really thought things were going in the right direction in regards to society having more accepting attitudes toward multiculturalism, getting along, following common sense principles, etc. then all this other crap comes along and now we're trending back to the racist, backward ass closed-mindedness of like 100 years ago. 

fuck it. bring on the AI overlords. some humans need serious brain re-programming, can't deal with all this technology. some of them need a lot of help trying to navigate this brave new world. idk what to do anymore. just manage my own bubble I guess.

Hi zero, good post, I agree with every word ?

• Thanks 1

So I just woke up. First thing I do is check my phone, first to see if the possibility that World War 3 has begun and secondly check twoism for the possibility that a new Boards of Canada album is being released. Strange times.

On 2/13/2022 at 3:11 AM, beerwolf said:

So I just woke up. First thing I do is check my phone, first to see if the possibility that World War 3 has begun and secondly check twoism for the possibility that a new Boards of Canada album is being released. Strange times.

One of those is much more likely than the other

• Farnsworth 1