IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

Anytime I see something about the 2022-02-22 date today it makes me think of the line with the phone number from De La Soul's Ring Ring Ring.

yeah buckle up, we're in for several more days of palindromes ahead - 

spacer.png

wonder who will appear on the last one. Kali the destroyer? JFK Jr on the grassy knoll? 

6 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

it just occurred to me that I'm getting my first haircut of the pandemic on 2/22/22 at 2pm (today).  I should see if we can push it back 22 minutes/22 seconds.

Wait, you cut your hair? :emotawesomepm9:

17 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

it just occurred to me that I'm getting my first haircut of the pandemic on 2/22/22 at 2pm (today).  I should see if we can push it back 22 minutes/22 seconds.

did you pay for the haircut all in toonies? 'cause that would've been some wild shit man, like magical shit...

• Like 1

I think im gonna end up having sex with one of my best friends, which is weird because she is also having sex with one of my other best friends.  She has been coming onto me more and more strongly lately.  This is a strange situation.

• Farnsworth 2

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, marf said:

bioluminescence is ancient electricity. I wonder what they thought of it in the year 500 BC.  What did they think of fireflies?

They probably thought it was fire :emotawesomepm9:

• Burger 1

2 hours ago, marf said:

bioluminescence is ancient electricity. I wonder what they thought of it in the year 500 BC.  What did they think of fireflies?

Aristotle (4th century BC) called it "cold light." I dunno if anyone else wrote about it though. 

• Like 2

i know i recognize this sample - probably from more than one thing. it's driving me crazy! it's like humming a song in your head, times x100000

(@0:28) it's a wagon christ interview so this should be pretty straightforward.

or you could leave me to it and see if this escalates to hallucinations or big maps of SAW2 artwork on my walls like a detective.

Today I heard Basshunter's Boten Anna after a long while. Jfc, remember when IRC was so popular that there was an eurodance song about a fucking IRC bot that went into top ten charts across Europe? Early 2000s, man.

• Farnsworth 1

On 1/8/2022 at 5:05 PM, milkface said:

Very sad today. There's a book shop that's run by volunteers that I spend so much time at (all books are donated and sold dirt cheap, all profits go to keeping the lights on and the rest goes to charity). The selection the book shop has is absolutely astounding. From lots of 60s editions of classic French novels, to 70s music magazines, old coffee table art books, obscure books on esoteric science, auction catalogues from the 90s, etc. Not only that but it's such a cool building. It's small but is on 3 floors and has a spiral staircase running down the middle of it. I overheard a conversation last week about volunteering at the book shop so I thought I'd swing by today to ask if they needed any more volunteers. The lady at the shop told me that the owner of the shop (lovely old man who would always say hello to me in the street and would always tell me about his visits to England every time he saw the Barclays logo on my bank card) passed away last night and that the shop would be closing down some time in the next few months.

Never got his name but rest in peace Monsieur.

Still getting reacts on this - don't worry the shop is staying open with funding from the local prefecture to help keep culture and arts alive.

• Like 4

On 3/20/2022 at 11:13 PM, Dragon said:

i know i recognize this sample - probably from more than one thing. it's driving me crazy! it's like humming a song in your head, times x100000

(@0:28) it's a wagon christ interview so this should be pretty straightforward.

or you could leave me to it and see if this escalates to hallucinations or big maps of SAW2 artwork on my walls like a detective.

Damn, I thought it was from this, but it turns out it isn't. Revisiting it was a good time though, so thanks.

• Like 1

2 major Dutch newspapers reporting details on a political/corruption scandal that were already reported last year, pretty much word for word. Feel like I'm losing my fucking marbles.

• Like 1