IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

I had an observation pointless thought last night while drunk and getting into bed, but when I opened my lap top to post it on watmm I got distracted.  Now it has escaped me.

Oh, it just came back: is Ministry considered "dad rock"?

Thank goodness I remembered...

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

12 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Oh, it just came back: is Ministry considered "dad rock"?

yes. if it came out in the '80s/'90s, it is now called dad rock. which leads me to segue over to the fact that I still have a hard time accepting the fact that classic rock radio stations today all regularly play Pearl Jam, Nirvana, NIN, Rage, Pumpkins, RHCP...all that shit I grew up on. classic rock to me was Zeppelin, Beatles, and that stuff. now we are the old dudes, and teenagers are listening to the most unoriginal bland pop dance crap ever created in the history of the music sphere. like I get the fact that parent's of kids growing up in the '80s/'90s all hated heavy metal, loud guitar driven stuff on the radio because it was more aggressive than the guitar led music from before. but the popular shit out there on the radio now has none of that aggression or originality, it is just generic wall paper with the same style female vocal lead, or male R'n'b type singing on top of 4/4 dance pop, sorta hip hop influenced, but more EDM / Scott Storch / Brittney / Christina / Paris influenced fluff. all created so phone junkies can tag the shit on their 'grams or whatever, and not really care to think anything the music is about, because it's all about fake ass dollar led crap, with no artistic integrity whatsoever. 

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

Just occurred to me that my first band had a song that played on local radio with the hook "never forget", which got airplay 2 years before 9/11.  US gov owes me royalties, big time.

Isn't most rock nowadays anyway some kind of dad/granddad/great granddad rock? I mean most people who listen to rock are over 30 and the young rock listeners are in minority in their own age group?

12 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Just occurred to me that my first band had a song that played on local radio with the hook "never forget", which got airplay 2 years before 9/11.  US gov owes me royalties, big time.

but... you forgot

• Haha 1
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

His leather jacket had chains that would jingle
They both met movie stars, partied and mingled
Their A and R man said, "I don't hear a single"
The future was wide open

• Like 1

Judging a book by its cover, and maybe I’m wrong but I just listened to Amber Heard speak about Johnny Depp in court and didn’t believe a word of it. Well apart from he took cocaine ?

• Like 4

i heard a toilet flush from one of the neighbouring apartments, and the water level of my toilet immediately sank 2 inches while I was peeing into it. Only time I've ever had that particular experience.  also flol.

why does so much gen-z modular ambient music sound the same

On 5/5/2022 at 12:19 AM, beerwolf said:

Judging a book by its cover, and maybe I’m wrong but I just listened to Amber Heard speak about Johnny Depp in court and didn’t believe a word of it. Well apart from he took cocaine ?

she crapped in his bed, lol

• Haha 1

On 5/6/2022 at 9:12 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

i heard a toilet flush from one of the neighbouring apartments, and the water level of my toilet immediately sank 2 inches while I was peeing into it. Only time I've ever had that particular experience.  also flol.

even crazier when you're watching a CRT tv set and it fucking degausses itself in front of you because theirs is behind the wall, and they've switched it on.

happier times.

A person from our apartment building most probably jumped from their third floor balcony today. I was sitting here on the couch and saw a shadow drop past our window and heard a thud. Went to check from our balcony and saw them crumpled on the ground. Called 112 (911 in the EU) and checked on them: unconscious, unresponsive, severely hurt, but still breathing. EMS arrived within  minutes and took over, I gave them all the info I could give and was let back home. This was not the first time I've seen and responded to this exact situation.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 8

I saw a Rolls Royce's the other day waiting for my bus

It looked like this 

.. That's about half a mill in Canada

f7df250e94a8230694311e9a1f16f5c7.jpg

Edited by yekker

36 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

At one point I was doing them a few days in a row and by the third day I was enjoying it a little ?

i like getting my blood pressure checked, and feeling the cuff squeezing my arm.

• Like 1