IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

20 years later they went back and added CGI to the classic star wars. Why cant they go back to the trilogy from the early 00s and replace the dated special effects with current CGI? Im guessing because it was a stupid George Lucas idea to begin with and now that disney owns Star Wars they wont let Lucas anywhere near it to do something like that again. Also they probably dont want to remind anyone how bad the 00s trilogy was by putting it back in theaters.

• Like 1

Dunno where you are mates. But where I am it is the perfect time right now for going out to a beautiful place in the country and tripping your magnificent nuts off. I think those days are gone now but I always have the memories and experience to fall back on. Special times.

Edited by beerwolf

Just going out into nature and watching it all spring back to life is magnificent without drugs as well, if you're feeling too old and weathered.

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 5

Very true my friend. Perfect. It’s the best time of the year right now for me. The light and warmth is returning, everything is coming to life. Still chilly when the sun is awaking and before the sun goes to sleep. Feel the energy rippling all around. 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

Encountered the word "twist" in a book this morning and the theatre of my mind immediately produced the entire clip of GRAB HIS DICK AND TWIST IT!  and now my concentration is gone. The ol' dick twist. 

• Haha 1
  • Burger 2

Had a good evening talking to an old school friend and I’m quite happily mellow drunk and quite content to go to bed, knowing confidently my champion liver will not struggle with purifying the alcohol from my system and I should wake up fairly bright eyed and bushy tailed to this

829644A1-2706-4BF2-A8FE-A8BE041262D9.thumb.jpeg.9aa0ed8efb95d2b937a7239e8a22460f.jpeg

Happy days 

• Like 1

looked up the net worth of the writer of "come on eileen". Probably the most radio rotated song in history. Kevin Rowland worth 1.5 million. How is this possible?

Sounds like he has enough to live a comfortable life and leave something behind for his kids. 

3 hours ago, marf said:

looked up the net worth of the writer of "come on eileen". Probably the most radio rotated song in history. Kevin Rowland worth 1.5 million. How is this possible?

He’s got overall money for lyfe 💵 

8 hours ago, Silent Member said:

Sounds like he has enough to live a comfortable life and leave something behind for his kids. 

"come on eileen". If you turn your radio on right now its probably playing. The numbers dont add up.

14 hours ago, iococoi said:

I

p8cyZP1.jpg

I would have thought this was common knowledge. She also appeared on the album cover as this character.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Juan's_Reckless_Daughter

Actually it's interesting that you would post this, because just last week I was looking into whether woke/cancel culture had caught up with her on this yet. Looks like it has.

The whole thing is definitely pretty contentious.  And you're sharing it in the context of what is otherwise generally clickbait/ hot-takes. There's a whole story behind this character she was playing which you can easily look up online.  But yeah it's definitely good to question artists when they pull shit like this, and keep a broader picture of race, exploitation, appropriation etc even when looking back to past behaviour. I mean, she's still alive. She could say "Yeah now in hindsight I can see how tacky that was" or whatever. I'm pretty sure she still defends it tho. Boomers gonna boom. (I mean she also notoriously sang about how rich she was all the time, and from the perspective of someone who got rich early in their career.  You look at tunes like "For Free", "Barangrill" and "Furry Sings the Blues" and it's all about how she's in this upper-class world observing working-class folk, poor musicians etc. which is all quite tacky imo. There's no ill intent behind any of it but it's pretty obtuse. In "the Boho Dance" she tries to address this duality she sees in herself as both boho and high-class.  It's all rather bullshitty imo and doesn't hold up at all today, which is really unfortunate because other than that she was a fantastic songwriter and vocalist.)  Anyway, going back to the blackface incident, when approached about this over the years she has said she identifies more with Black musicians than white, etc.  At the end of the day, she apparently was coming from a good (if incredibly ignorant) place, and obviously lots of great Black musicians have worked with her over the years (including this album), etc. In fact this cover photo led Miles Davis and then Charles Mingus to get in touch with her, because they thought it was ballsy, and she famously collaborated with Mingus on an album just before his death)...   Still, in today's perspective we still wonder why they were all ok with it, or whatever.  /rant that went nowhere

Edited by toaoaoad
  • Like 2
  • Big Brain 1

1 minute ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Bjork, nooooooo!  Wonder what the story behind that one is.

who knows.. my first guess is it'd have nothing to do w/race and it's some kind of icelandic myth based creature.. but whatever.. i mean.. is die antwoord racist for black paint? or is it culturally something different based on where they're from? 

i've read some vague things about it being a response to 9/11 (unclear what the thought process was there), and another about it being Icelandic dance type thing. Again, very vague.  Ah well, moving on.

• Like 1

it's interesting.. if i make a release 'pay what you want' on bandcamp.. as in $0.00 to download.. people won't pay too much attention. but if i make a release $5 then give out a bunch of DL codes on twitter people will get interested and use the download codes.

human psychology. perception of getting something limited for free because DL code vs i can get it for free whenever i want. 

perception of value. 

• Big Brain 1

decided to get my two upper wisdom teeth pulled after one cracked

after being filled in september to try and save

it was a different dentist who pulled and was a pro

after i was numbed up it took around a minute for both to be pulled

no messin' about and still no pain 48 hours later

going back to this dentist in the future

gave me my teeth to hold on to

the rest are in good nic

• Like 1