IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

9 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

At one point I was doing them a few days in a row and by the third day I was enjoying it a little ?

Reason I got it was because I was hanging out with someone who was cutting the hair of a woman who tested positive the following day.  It was a total fluke the woman got tested, because she was asymptomatic, with no reason to believe she'd caught it.  But she also happened to be a nurse, and knew she was going to be boarding a plane in a few days.  I imagine it was quite the shock for her.

Are false positives a thing?

Although I’ve tagged the occasional train and defaced the odd streetbench I’ve mostly been more or less indifferent when it comes to graffiti in the public space. But tonight I felt a profound and unexpected appreciation for people willing to go out and practice their art, makes a lot of places seem a bit more human. 

• Like 2

BTW, I've been put into what they're calling 'soft quarantine' here on the ship cause I was close contact, besides the fact that I already had it and I'm getting negative swab tests every day... Most fucked up thing about this is that I need to stay locked in my cabin (not a passenger guest cabin with balcony/porthole like previously) and only report to work... ?‍♂️ 

Even more stupid is the fact that I need to do this for 10 days and whoever tested positive only need to spend like 5 days, and with access to free internet and passenger cabin... ?‍♂️ 

Anyway I'm so edgy that I don't give damn about it and I'm still doing whatever the fuck I want...?

FWP

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, _vow_of_silence_ said:

Even more stupid is the fact that I need to do this for 10 days and whoever tested positive only need to spend like 5 days, and with access to free internet and passenger cabin... ?‍♂️ 

the hell, this is totally backwards!  What's the reasoning here?

I just tested negative a second time.  My symptoms were: mild congestion day one, sore throat day 2, sore throat plus very brief and mild cough day 3, and now back to sore throat which has subsided for the time being.  While this is all very mild, it is the most persistent cold I've had since masking up became a thing.

8 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

the hell, this is totally backwards!  What's the reasoning here?

I just tested negative a second time.  My symptoms were: mild congestion day one, sore throat day 2, sore throat plus very brief and mild cough day 3, and now back to sore throat which has subsided for the time being.  While this is all very mild, it is the most persistent cold I've had since masking up became a thing.

Re: the reasoning, incubation time, I guess?

48 minutes ago, Squee said:

I had a sore throat throughout all of 2021 and it still comes back every now and then. So it could be other things. Just saying.

Oh yeah, I never actually thought it was Covid.  But I was hanging with someone who'd been hanging with someone who tested positive, so well within the realm of possibility.  I too had a weird recurring throat thing for parts or 20/21.  Very odd.  This one seemed different.

so yesterday Google honoured The Great Gama with a little drawing of him on the logo (the big strong guy).

never heard of him until now, but he is in fact one of the strongest men who ever lived! he was an undefeated wrestling champion, who fought and won over 5000 matches during his career. he is known to have lifted a stone weighing 1,200lb by himself. even his training routine holds a legendary status amongst athletes such as Bruce Lee - a routine involving 5,000 squats and 3,000 pushups, all done as slowly as possible over many hours, and also while holding a 100kg ring.

seriously, this stuff is mind-boggling. i can't find a decent youtube video about Gama but here's a brief documentary from BBC Radio which is worth listening to:

today I was driving in a walmart parking lot (I know, I know). I turn off of the main lane to the row of cars to park, and there's a giant SUV sitting in the lane blocking anyone from driving down it. spots are angled so it's a one way only lane. I get that this person is waiting for another vehicle to exit out, so the SUV can then pull into that spot. but there are like a ton of open spots 4-5 parking spots down. then I see 2 more cars starting to reverse out of their spots closer to me, but the SUV is blocking them in. so now I'm sitting here for more than 30 seconds (everyone knows this is an unacceptable delay) waiting on this SUV to get that one spot, when more are now opening up behind it, and I can't go anywhere until this SUV moves, and the one spot they are waiting on has some lady loading a stroller taking forever, so we're all now doomed to wait on this one person so like a bunch more people can move.

this all makes me start thinking about all the inefficiencies a person has to deal with in their daily life, and why can't things all run smoothly, yadda yadda. then I start thinking about communism (noooo!), and the trains coming on time and all that. there's just no way to make the majority of humans more efficient. that ship has sailed. 

• Like 1

On 5/23/2022 at 11:38 PM, zero said:

today I was driving in a walmart parking lot (I know, I know). I turn off of the main lane to the row of cars to park, and there's a giant SUV sitting in the lane blocking anyone from driving down it. spots are angled so it's a one way only lane. I get that this person is waiting for another vehicle to exit out, so the SUV can then pull into that spot. but there are like a ton of open spots 4-5 parking spots down. then I see 2 more cars starting to reverse out of their spots closer to me, but the SUV is blocking them in. so now I'm sitting here for more than 30 seconds (everyone knows this is an unacceptable delay) waiting on this SUV to get that one spot, when more are now opening up behind it, and I can't go anywhere until this SUV moves, and the one spot they are waiting on has some lady loading a stroller taking forever, so we're all now doomed to wait on this one person so like a bunch more people can move.

this all makes me start thinking about all the inefficiencies a person has to deal with in their daily life, and why can't things all run smoothly, yadda yadda. then I start thinking about communism (noooo!), and the trains coming on time and all that. there's just no way to make the majority of humans more efficient. that ship has sailed. 

As soon as you leave the confines of your home, man.

I remember driving to work in the corona days and feeling like a king cruising 'round his grounds. Tumbleweed breezing 'cross lanes of road empty as far as the eye could see, and only sporadically occupied by "us the important chosen ones" the few of which were no hassle at all compared to how traffic normally is. 

society doesn't work, too many people we're all cramping one anothers style etc. etc..

• Like 1

Am I the only person disgusted by the way society reacts to current events displayed in the modern era? The comments on news videos of graphic videos of Ukranian/Russian troops being killed in the invasion and the way in which the Johnny Depp/ Amber Heard trial was portrayed just remind me of some modern day gladiator fight. It's dystopian.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, milkface said:

Am I the only person disgusted by the way society reacts to current events displayed in the modern era? The comments on news videos of graphic videos of Ukranian/Russian troops being killed in the invasion and the way in which the Johnny Depp/ Amber Heard trial was portrayed just remind me of some modern day gladiator fight. It's dystopian.

The Society of the Spectacle innit.

.pdf ?

• Like 2

On 5/23/2022 at 2:38 PM, zero said:

cars are a terrible bubble that people live in. all the time. around the world. everywhere. there's idiots. selfish idiots. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCars/

today at the grocery store (and this exact thing has happened before w/a different dude of similar age) an older guy was standing w/his cart making a line out in front of all the cashier stations _not self checkout stations_  because he wanted to wait to see which one would finish first (this is not protocol at this store) and people asked him "are you going to pick one and go or what" and one of the managers came out and said "you can line up at any cashier" and he said "i'm waiting to see which will be fastest" so the manager said "does anyone else want to go ahead and get in line?" and the old man pipes up "but then they'll get ahead of ME!" 

it was a real forehead slapper. i hate when people think the world has to bend to them at every opportunity. it's awful. i was already in line unloading my groceries and me and the dude were chatting and heard the old man and both kinda chuckled a WTF and he said "yeah, i got nothing to say about that" kinda sarcastically.. i guess that shit happens at the grocery store. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ignatius said:

cars are a terrible bubble that people live in. all the time. around the world. everywhere. there's idiots. selfish idiots. 

no doubt. where I am now (Dallas) has the absolute worst drivers. car accidents everywhere thanks to distracted drivers going way too fast. so many self centered a-holes that think it's totally ok to drive as fast as possible, get as close as possible to the car in front, riding my ass... I can't stand it. but I did the alternative for quite some time when I lived in the northeast, i.e. the public transit thing, and that can suck even worse. all sorts of gross shit people do on trains/buses, it's ridiculous. so the best way I think is walking/biking to get where you need to go. but that is limited to older US cities, not the Sunbelt 'burbs like where I am. cycling around here is a death wish, and it's hot, and it is time constrictive vs. driving.

• Like 3

What if the Uvalde PD are Russian infiltrators. Because it seems like they basically do the same shit as Putin's troops - shoot unarmed civilians (including children) and cower like a bitch from opposition who also have guns.

• Farnsworth 1