IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

At some point within the last 5 years, cheese went from being universally on top of the patty, to below it.  I don't know how or why, but any time I see an ad for a burger, or order one, the cheese is mysteriously below the patty.  Was there a petition about this?  An influencial meme?  Which restaurant was the first to make the transition, and when?  I want answers.

"what if I told you..."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

At some point within the last 5 years, cheese went from being universally on top of the patty, to below it.  I don't know how or why, but any time I see an ad for a burger, or order one, the cheese is mysteriously below the patty.  Was there a petition about this?  An influencial meme?  Which restaurant was the first to make the transition, and when?  I want answers.

"what if I told you..."

Maybe your burger is upside down?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ambermonke said:

Women seem to find me more attractive than I do. Maybe I should stop doubting myself.

(I got no issues staying single tho)

that could be part of it. some people respond to be ignored or when someone is indifferent to them. 

but follow your instincts. well.. idk.. my instincts are bad when it comes to relationships,.. so is my advice probably. 

thought: i like the smell of people smoking weed. i wish someone would make weed incense.. not "weed flavored" but w/actual weed so i can enjoy that. my ex was a daily smoker and i miss the weed smell. i smoked weed the other day.. just a tiny bit of a pinner. it was good. then i smoked some more and had mega heartburn and tension so i guess 50/50 but i liked smelling it in the house.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 1:59 AM, brian trageskin said:

I decided to piss myself off writing in English on watmm, my English is too approximate and I always end up saying bullshit that I didn't want to say, and that doesn't even reflect my thoughts, just because I'm more concerned by writing grammatically correct sentences in English that really reflect what I have to say. From now on, all my posts will be written in French, my mother tongue, then translated into English by google translate. nothing to jerk off that google translate does not necessarily translate well, it will always be more faithful to my thinking than the stupid posts that I spend forever pissing me off writing, all for a result that systematically disappoints me. and FYI, I won't even bother modifying the google translations, moreover I won't even read the translations, I'll just copy and paste and basta. in short, here it is. you are made aware. it gives you a fucking nice leg, I know. Anyway, here it is, this is my first post written in French and translated by google translate. with that, long live the fresh ham and more for new adventures.

either the google traduction is pretty accurate, or it's you making a joke and didn't used google translate at all.

.... though ,i don't get the "long live the fresh ham" thing ?

28 minutes ago, neurone said:

either the google traduction is pretty accurate, or it's you making a joke and didn't used google translate at all.

.... though ,i don't get the "long live the fresh ham" thing ?

no, it's really the raw translation from google translate, just like this post. long live the fresh ham: I just typed the first sentence that came to mind, no need to look for meaning. I'm an artist (in my imagination - in real life I'm just a wanker, lol). toothpaste.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2022 at 11:46 PM, brian trageskin said:

it's really the raw translation from google translate,

yes, I should have guessed indeed, because I realised   " ca vous faut une belle jambe " translated in "it gives you a nice leg"

but this means nothing in english. a real human  traduction would say "you just don't care about it" 

anyway , nevermind, as soon as it works for what you have to say in there. cheers.

Edited by neurone
  • Like 1

Today I decided to browse Reddit for the first time in over a month, only to be reminded why I stopped using it. So I re-uninstalled the mobile app shortly after reinstalling.

Spoiler

Which could mean sad news - I may have to retire from Dank Meme duties here. Unless I can find a viable alternative source of dank memes.

• Sad 3

EAT SHIT AND DIE LIVE!      

NHS patients struggling with superbugs to be offered poo transplants

Revolutionary treatment for C diff infections that transfers gut bacteria from healthy faeces given the green light by Nice

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/aug/31/nhs-patients-struggling-with-superbugs-to-be-offered-poo-transplants

Hundreds of patients struggling to ward off superbugs are to be treated with poo transplants on the NHS using gut bacteria taken from healthy donors’ faeces.

The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (Nice), the health regulator, has given the green light for a faecal microbiota transplant (FMT) to be offered to people who have been treated for two or more Clostridium difficile (C diff) infections without success.

The revolutionary treatment aims to restore a healthy population of gut bacteria in sick patients by transferring a batch of different gut bacteria and other microorganisms from healthy donor poo into the gut of the recipient.

C diff is a type of bacteria that can cause diarrhoea, and often affects people who have been taking antibiotics. People are more likely to get a C diff infection if they are over 65, have been staying in hospital or a care home for a long time, or if they have a weakened immune system – for example, from having a long-term condition such as diabetes or kidney failure, or treatments including chemotherapy.

It can usually be treated with a different type of antibiotic but is referred to as a superbug due to its resistance to treatment in some instances.

Nice said clinical trials showed that FMT treatments are significantly better than antibiotics alone at resolving a stubborn C diff infection.

The health regulator said it had been presented with evidence that the treatment could save the NHS thousands of pounds. It may also mean patients could take fewer antibiotics and experience a better quality of life after treatment, it added.

The new bacteria can be delivered through a tube inserted directly into the stomach through the nose, or alternatively be deposited directly into the colon through a tube or swallowed via a pill.

Mark Chapman, interim director of medical technology at Nice, said: “There is currently a need for an effective treatment of C diff in people who have had two or more rounds of antibiotics.

“Our committee’s recommendation of this innovative treatment will provide another tool for health professionals to use in the fight against this infection, while at the same time balancing the need to offer the best care with value for money.

“Use of this treatment will also help reduce the reliance on antibiotics and in turn reduce the chances of antimicrobial resistance, which supports Nice’s guidance on good antimicrobial stewardship.”

Nice said it made its decision after reviewing evidence from five trials of 274 adults.

The data showed that more C diff infections were resolved with FMT than antibiotic treatment in four of the trials and there was no difference in the other. FMT can lead to different levels of clinical cure depending on how the treatment is given but it could resolve up to 94% of infections, Nice said.

Modelling shows that poo transplants are cheaper than treatment with almost all antibiotics. They save the NHS about £769 if given using a colonoscopy, and as much as £8,297 if administered using an oral capsule. It costs £1,287 per patient more if given as an enema. But FMT via enema would only be an option for the minority who cannot have FMT by another route, Nice said.

Nice estimates that 450 to 500 people in England could be treated using FMT for multiple recurrences of C diff infections each year.

It said that a strict donor screening programme should be in place and that treatments should be manufactured in accordance with human medicine regulations.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/aug/31/nhs-patients-struggling-with-superbugs-to-be-offered-poo-transplants

baby hippos, elephants, koalas and pandas already eat their mother's feces for healthy bacteria

bon appétit

• Sad 1
  • Farnsworth 1

FRANKFURT/LONDON, Aug 31 (Reuters) - Russia halted gas supplies via Europe's key supply route on Wednesday, intensifying an economic battle between Moscow and Brussels and raising the prospects of recession and energy rationing in some of the region's richest countries.

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/new-russia-gas-halt-tighten-energy-screws-europe-2022-08-30/

.eu needs to clap back on this savagery 

On 8/25/2022 at 2:01 PM, ambermonke said:

could mean sad news - I may have to retire from Dank Meme duties here. Unless I can find a viable alternative source of dank memes.

hey mr. ambre, iDon't use rebbit or tumdlr apps.

4 mimz, iJsut bookmark good pages, then control/click to view image page, & copypaste in ((:: 

• Thanks 1

if you strive to fail in general, and achieve it, then you've inadvertently succeeded, and thus failed at failing in a sense, so you've both failed and succeeded at the same time.

• Big Brain 3

On 8/24/2022 at 3:58 AM, luke viia said:

Never thought I'd be a chinos guy, but am trying to outgrow my lifelong denim habit, and I gotta say: these new pants give me a fucking nice leg. 

As a person who has had a habit of wearing cargo pants occasionally since the 90s the zoomer trend of wearing them is pretty funny. Sometime ago I overheard a young girl in metro going on about how brilliant the cargo pants are because you can put so much stuff in the pockets.

Spoiler

12bqggozr0771.jpg?width=479&format=pjpg&

15 minutes ago, zkom said:

As a person who has had a habit of wearing cargo pants occasionally since the 90s the zoomer trend of wearing them is pretty funny. Sometime ago I overheard a young girl in metro going on about how brilliant the cargo pants are because you can put so much stuff in the pockets.

Hide contents

logo-Carhartt.png

images.png

Edited by cruising for burgers

1 hour ago, zkom said:

Reveal hidden contents

the 90s are coming back in some ways. this summer when i traveled thru atlanta airport lot's of younger girls wearing oversized sweatshirts w/tennis skirts and shelltop adidas. felt like i was right back in miami in the early 90s. also, there's more baggy style jeans around on skaters and BMX kids.  breaks and gabber are popping up in LA more.

2 minutes ago, ignatius said:

the 90s are coming back in some ways. this summer when i traveled thru atlanta airport lot's of younger girls wearing oversized sweatshirts w/tennis skirts and shelltop adidas. felt like i was right back in miami in the early 90s. also, there's more baggy style jeans around on skaters and BMX kids.  breaks and gabber are popping up in LA more.

I saw young people wearing crop tops with baggy or cargo trousers everywhere in Helsinki this summer. Something like Gwen Stefani or Mel B back in the mid 90s. Looks very nostalgic. I'm not disapproving.

• Like 1