IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

23 hours ago, dcom said:

A room without books is like a body without a soul.
-- Marcus Aurelius

see, this sound extremely pompous and elistist... and honestly, for a quote that's supposed to idolate books, it fails miserably cause, from a literal point of view, it's cheap af...

Edited by cruising for burgers

21 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

I can't remember what thread it was in, but someone recently posted something describing this concept of "quiet quitting", basically just coming in and doing your specific job tasks and offering zero additional time or effort beyond that. I realized that I've been doing exactly this at one of my jobs, and tbh it has paid off, as the organization now seems to be self-destructing for the second time in the last year or so. Just glad I've stayed passively on the sidelines and haven't over-invested myself. Now I don't feel so bad about not replying to half the emails since most of it is irrelevant now (complete management overhaul). Is this happening everywhere? Can't hire anyone and no one wants to stay. And the rest of us are "quiet quitting". I don't like the sort of disparaging tone of the expression but I guess it works. Thanks, internet in 2022, for having little expressions for pretty much everything.

nobody pays me/you to think, that's how we say it over here...

21 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

I can't remember what thread it was in, but someone recently posted something describing this concept of "quiet quitting", basically just coming in and doing your specific job tasks and offering zero additional time or effort beyond that. I realized that I've been doing exactly this at one of my jobs, and tbh it has paid off, as the organization now seems to be self-destructing for the second time in the last year or so. Just glad I've stayed passively on the sidelines and haven't over-invested myself. Now I don't feel so bad about not replying to half the emails since most of it is irrelevant now (complete management overhaul). Is this happening everywhere? Can't hire anyone and no one wants to stay. And the rest of us are "quiet quitting". I don't like the sort of disparaging tone of the expression but I guess it works. Thanks, internet in 2022, for having little expressions for pretty much everything.

yeah I've too seen this term "quiet quitting" pop up in internet articles out there. it's totally relatable, and "they" seem to be tying this phenomenon to the pandemic, or at least another side effect from it.

fwiw, our company too is having issues similar to what you've described. but there was another factor at play not exactly related to the pandemic, which could explain a lot of performance / management issues going on right now where I work.

but yeah, the remote work thing IMO has perhaps led into a sea change shift in worker mentality...like the pendulum shifted toward the worker vs. management during, and now after the pandemic. or maybe the global fear of death that everyone experienced back in like 2020 shook enough heads out there to get people to wake up and see the forest for the trees. like there's other things more important in life than sitting at a fucking desk all day being frustrated at your job.

• Like 1

9/11 is coming up which means we should begin seeing some attention grabbing "insensitive" posts/comments/pictures/memes/videos from people that "don't mean to insult anyone" 

first stop is virginia so of course it's tacky as hell and yes, it's already been taken down and an apology issued AFTER the insensitivity was broadcast nationwide

3503822c-0305-4b16-a55e-1a50245bb01c-jum

• Burger 1

23 minutes ago, cichlisuite said:

So for 12$ i get somewhere between 9-11 oysters, sir?

" that's correct sir. can i interest u in our chef's special - building 7 vol-au-vent ? this is my last day here btw."

• Haha 1

I'm a bit embarrassed to bring this up, but I think I might be turning into an arachnophile now.

NSFW reason

Spoiler

It started in the wee hours of the morning. I noticed a spider on the bathroom wall when I got up to take a piss. I stared at it for a bit, but decided to leave it alone. But then I got curious about Rule 34 media of Ada Wong from the RE series. So I returned to the bathroom to do some "research", hoping the spider wouldn't be there to catch me off guard. Well, just as I was finishing up said "research", the same fucking spider rappelled down onto my left leg from the ceiling at the worst possible second. The timing of it had to be deliberate. The spider was either trolling, or was a pervert. I just kinda shook it off my leg onto the floor. But now I can't stop thinking about it.

I don't know if the spider was male or female. Might have been the latter. So I'll forever remember "her" as Charlotte. Maybe because I spared her, "she" wanted to thank me somehow.

I am fucked up.

EDIT: JFC this is so embarrassing

Edited by ambermonke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

The letters for the playlist "experimental electronics" look nicer in a lower resolution. I'm doing this so I can sort my 5000 youtube likes faster on this old laptop hardware. The shorter form of ecetera written without a dot felt more badass. That's the kind of rebel I am. I feel old.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ever sleep so hard and so long you feel like you woke from a coma or out of a cryogenic chamber to the point that you are glad to be part of the human race and feel like you should call family members, Like you've been missing from time. Need to check the news and yell at the sky ?

4 hours ago, marf said:

Ever sleep so hard and so long you feel like you woke from a coma or out of a cryogenic chamber to the point that you are glad to be part of the human race and feel like you should call family members, Like you've been missing from time. Need to check the news and yell at the sky ?

um, no? don't tease us man...from reading the FWP problems thread, you'd know most people that post here can hardly get a decent night's sleep at all! 

Oh, usually I sleep 3 hours a night. I hardly got any last night.  I blame it on the iPhone. I curse the day I received a smart phone. 

Also a night owl genetically. 

Edited by marf

• 2 weeks later...

81D93EBD-A0FA-423F-95EE-4ABD08A2890B.thumb.jpeg.628845c1e809d72c8df5c593fa783d2d.jpeg

How longs it been? Only a few weeks and I’m already sick to the back teeth of you. Ideally I’d like put your head on the end of a pole and set fire to it and throw your headless corpse into a cage at London Zoo to feed some carnivorous beast. 

Edited by beerwolf

I went to Angkor Watt/Bayon/Ta Prohm/Banteay Srei in 1998. There was hardly anyone there. Earlier some fucking fuck faced local fucking goon in the local pub is booking a holiday there with his gang of lager swilling, adidas attired mates. CHEAP BOOZE! CHEAP TUK TUK! CHEAP SLUTS! CHEAP NIGHTLIFE! CHEAP BREAKFAST! CHEAP SUCKY SUCKY! CHEAP CIGARETTES!!

What temples? The Sneering Advocate of the Devil sneers and flashes his sharp pearl white teeth….

Look around you! It’s fuckin’ pagan idolatry!

I use to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn’t make it to Heaven

Edited by beerwolf

1 hour ago, beerwolf said:

I went to Angkor Watt/Bayon/Ta Prohm/Banteay Srei in 1998. There was hardly anyone there. Earlier some fucking fuck faced local fucking goon in the local pub is booking a holiday there with his gang of lager swilling, adidas attired mates. CHEAP BOOZE! CHEAP TUK TUK! CHEAP SLUTS! CHEAP NIGHTLIFE! CHEAP BREAKFAST! CHEAP SUCKY SUCKY! CHEAP CIGARETTES!!

What temples? The Sneering Advocate of the Devil sneers and flashes his sharp pearl white teeth….

Look around you! It’s fuckin’ pagan idolatry!

I use to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn’t make it to Heaven

tumblr_inline_pk0107byzr1sd253s_500.jpg

well wicked!

Spoiler

did i do that right?