IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

When it comes to certain foods some people seem to take diarrhoea as a given. I’m slowly becoming some people. 

5 hours ago, ignatius said:

i suspect this will also happen in space sooner or later

S2: Submarine that can carry tourists to see Submarine-that-can-carry-tourists-to-see-Titanic-wreckage disappears.

• Farnsworth 1

8 hours ago, ignatius said:

i suspect this will also happen in space sooner or later

Came here to post that I’m very, very glad I’m not on that sub that’s gone missing. Especially if it’s on the ocean floor and being trapped inside with 4 other people. No Thank You.

I always forget that I already saw Richard live one time... someone played before him, it was not a very big tent... me and my gf were watching whoever played before him on the "main stage" and when that act finished some music started playing but there was nobody on stage... only about 30 minutes or so after that we turned our back to the main stage and notice a long hair weirdo ginger playing in what it looked like the sound booth... what a clown...

18 hours ago, Nebraska said:

pointless observation:

love how this jackass has flipped a made up concept, and turned it turn into a malevolent force that has the ability to seek out and kill people. MAGA scriptwriters, take note.

I'm guilty. I have actual thoughts on it but... I mean loss of life is tragic anytime but it's crazy the media attention and resources mobilized for them when they voluntarily assumed all the risks, vs the thousands of migrants (yes illegal) that just drown every month or two; I'm most specifically referring to the greece situation with 700 drowned about a week before the submersible situation, barely even hit the 10th page of our news and was just glanced at on the BBC. It just seems weird to me is all, not interested in politicking. 

RIP to all. ?

• Like 6
  • Big Brain 1

9 hours ago, Summon Dot E X E said:

people are being pretty tasteless with this sub situation

g5g9f3i69v7b1.jpg?width=381&auto=webp&v=

CEO of oceanGate in conversation ^^^^

full of hubris it seems. 

as a billionaire that one dude should've had some kind of special ops rescue crew at the ready.. not that it would've helped. 

it's sad story and i'm sorry people died but seems like a lot of people saw this coming. there's many stories already of people who were interested indoing something  like this who passed on the opportunity for safety reasons. 

• Facepalm 1

deleted my last post - clearly I wasn't following this story very closely, the sub imploded. not sure whether to feel "better" about that than what I thought previously or not. gonna repeat my ugh at everything, though.

Edited by luke viia

I remember in the '80s / '90s young-ish kids would travel by themselves places. like when I was 10, I flew on an airplane to visit a relative by myself. that's back when you could still go to the gate without a ticket. my friend was telling me how when he was 10, him and his 8 year old brother would travel on the bus by themselves to another city to visit relatives. this can't happen anymore here in the US. the kids flying on plane thing obviously can't happen anymore because of security policies enacted thanks to 9/11. I curiously checked Greyhound's website, and says you have to be 16 to travel alone on the bus. 

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

My 20th anniversary high school reunion is in 2.5 days. Still thinking about going, but I'm worried it's gonna end up being awkward or cringe.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

20 years for me this year too :beer: 

No way in hell I'd ever go to a reunion lol

Just people bragging about their jobs and how many kids they have… I would never!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ambermonk said:

My 20th anniversary high school reunion is in 2.5 days. Still thinking about going, but I'm worried it's gonna end up being awkward or cringe.

Both imo

Edited by beerwolf
  • Farnsworth 1