IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

when people say beautiful inside and out I cant stop thinking of blood and guts

poop comes from the inside

are these nine inch nails lyrics

My phone is cracked and my poop is black.

chill out kanye

I know that it's kind of cliche that all modular ambient sounds the same but good god... I keep getting recommended videos on Instagram and I can hop between like 10 different videos by different people and they all sound virtually indistinguishable. They're all using the same modules and sequencing techniques.

the sound of intelligent quantisers is incredibly bland. but i guess fun to play around with if you aren't a musician.

Edited by messiaen

I know that it's kind of cliche that all modular ambient sounds the same but good god... I keep getting recommended videos on Instagram and I can hop between like 10 different videos by different people and they all sound virtually indistinguishable. They're all using the same modules and sequencing techniques.

the sound of intelligent quantisers is incredibly bland. but i guess fun to play around with if you aren't a musician.

don't mean to go on a rant here... but

every ambient modular youtube person uses mutable rings and it's the fucking death of creativity because they all use it the same way.. same plucked blahblahblah.. it's awful and shouldn't be tolerated but somehow these people get like 10k IG followers and play lot's of shows and people want to emulate them and so they go out buy the same modules. 

it ruins ambient music imo and is lazy. there's so much more to explore but nah.. let's just pluck this and add these sine waves and delays and use some random modulation. and reverb and delay and call it done. 

/rant

don't mean to go on a rant here... but

every ambient modular youtube person uses mutable rings and it's the fucking death of creativity because they all use it the same way.. same plucked blahblahblah.. it's awful and shouldn't be tolerated but somehow these people get like 10k IG followers and play lot's of shows and people want to emulate them and so they go out buy the same modules. 

it ruins ambient music imo and is lazy. there's so much more to explore but nah.. let's just pluck this and add these sine waves and delays and use some random modulation. and reverb and delay and call it done. 

/rant

see i think differently. i dont mind textures and sounds being re-used as long as you are composing creatively. its generatively quantised mono-tonal harmonys that sound like calming advert stock sample libraries that i find terrible.have a little read and play around with augmented 4ths/13ths, some unprepared modulations or something instead of just playing a pentatonic Eb major scale for 7 minutes. 

Caffeine tho

Unrelated and pointless - that freedom-hatin crisis actor David Hogg looks a lot like an IRL Bart Simpson

He really doesn’t though.

Caffeine tho

Unrelated and pointless - that freedom-hatin crisis actor David Hogg looks a lot like an IRL Bart Simpson

yeah not at all, not even remotely =/

sprite is actually better than coke...

I don't like Pepsi Max alone but it goes well combined with espresso. Like instead of glass of water with espresso have a glass of Pepsi Max. They seem to complement each other perfectly. I tried also with different Cokes and Dr Pepper but they don't work nearly as well. Weird.

Caffeine tho

yeah not at all, not even remotely =/

I was thinking more of the proto-Bart from the Tracy Ullman show (left) & would challenge you both to fight me were it not for this thread being so P O I N T L E S S

ZVpG6xD.jpg

Plain is the new unique. Unique is the new normie.

mggKrRW.jpg

RvfoTWh.jpg

yld0dhp.jpg

nMDqdWB.jpg

wpajUc8.jpg

wsLP8NS.jpg

nsUcuXe.jpg

I hate all of these designs. Facebook don't know how to recommend shit.

Edited by drukqs

Those are all pretty terrible yeah, especially those fucking threadless type designs at the top. that fucking lazy digital 'reddit/imgur art', as I think of it, gives me the shudders.

BUT

That doesn't mean you still can't find good graphic t-shirts if you have an eye for them. 

Eh. I saw this shirt the other day and considered buying it but those Facebook ads ruined it for me.

OIPo94Y.png

It just showed me that I'm already behind the curve. My tastes are plebian. I'll never catch up. Also I'm posting in a fucking idm forum in 2018. Might as well give up. I peaked years ago.

Edited by drukqs

Is there some psychological term for the thing when you are around some people you've known for a long time and your personality and behavior seems to regress back in time?

For example, normally you are being adult just fine, but when meeting your parents and siblings you regress to being your teenage self.

Is there some psychological term for the thing when you are around some people you've known for a long time and your personality and behavior seems to regress back in time?

For example, normally you are being adult just fine, but when meeting your parents and siblings you regress to being your teenage self.

like: fuck you i won`t tidy my bedroom !  ?