IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

Is standup paddleboarding the dorkiest new sports trend?

I mean:

It doesn't really require any skill, so any old idiot can do it

It costs relatively lot of money either in rentals or buying the equipment

It's an impractical way of moving around, how about using a canoe instead?

Generally you need quite specific conditions to do it, like calm waters and a warm weather

You look like a dork standing on a board and paddling around

Just look at this:

NYC_SUP_boarding-56a6dc1c5f9b58b7d0e5233

I just found out there's also SUP yoga now. Oh me lawd.

Edited by mokz

How am I supposed to show people that I'm fun and outgoing if I don't have a paddle boarding pic in my Tinder profile?

I told a friend "sentient life is a way for the universe to know itself" like it was a profound original thought. Realized the next day i had merely paraphrased Carl Sagan.

Was on my delivery shift, sitting idle in a parking lot with Aphex Twin cranked up full blast (because I'm one of those douchebags) and this homeless guy approached my van giving the thumbs up and looking generally excited.  He motioned indicating he wanted to know what I was listening to, so I pressed the album cover up to my windshield.  Felt kind of bad because it was "Remixes For Cash", like he really needed a reminder of what he was without.  His face seemed to darken somewhat.  But anyway, he wandered off giving more gestures of approval and then lay down in a somewhat hidden corner of the parking lot to sleep.

This thread is a collection of possible threadstarters that somehow ended up in the same place. I consider it a loss of potential, to be honest.

Also, hows this for a pointless thought: generally bitter in the general banter.

I've thought about starting a thread for thread ideas from people who are too chickenshit to actually start threads.  I'm one of those people.  So many great threads in my head that I just can't bring myself to bring to gen ban.  And by "great" I mean "mostly idiotic".  Those tend to be the best threads tho tbqh.

They do! There's this huge loss of potential. After some mental gymnastics I've come to the conclusion we're missing at least 36 classic banter threads on a yearly basis because of this. At least! Watmm-Jesus wept!