IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

Another pointless story:

I had this classmate in uni. He looks almost exactly like an oompa-loompa from Burton's Willy Wonka: short guy, around 1,60m tall if not less, looks Peruvian to the point people would ask him if he's south american (which he isn't), almost perfectly spherical pot belly, somewhere around 25 and 35 years old. This guy is... I wanted to say socially anxious, but he has no problem socializing - he just seems so nervous he makes you nervous. His class presentations would take forever, tripping over his words. He'd also get hung up on the silly details - we'd be planning how to tackle a project and he'd start anxiously insisting we use this particular identation style or whatever, some meaningless detail, over and over.

So anyway, my classmates would ask him about "the twins" every now and then. He'd reply "oh I'm going round there later, it's all good" and that's it, so I figured "the twins" was somewhere he works at or whatever, a pub, I dunno, but the other day they actually told me this dude's dating a couple twin sisters at the same time, in some weird semi incestuous arrangement. This guy's kinda weird and child-minded so I asked whether there's even a sexual component to this relationship at all, but the guy who told me didn't know either. Apparently the 3 of them go out together and all. I've a ton of questions now

Edited by span

Texting is the best . It allows you to get away with so much and if people question it u just say "nah you misinterpreted - happens all the time with text " . My personal fave is to open a message so the sender can see I've read it , then I start to write a text so the other person can see I've read it and have a response , then I just leave it , sometimes for days at a time. Whenever I get sad I just open up the text window and think about that poor son of a bitch on the other end and I get warm and fuzzy inside

:lol: for real. Some real NLS (next level sociopath) shit right there. Love it. 

@Candiru: although not a broadly shared view, I'm guessing, but women can be equally creepy. It just shows differently. Just imagine Brad Pitt walking into a room full of women. They'd freak out even more. Admittedly, it'd take a Brad Pitt. But the impact would be even bigger as well, I'd argue. What might look like guys freaking out, might suddenly look pretty normal compared to women responding to mr Pitt.

In normal cases though, I'd argue women are just as creepy as guys can be. It just shows differently. I mean, a guy going to a yoga class will likely be judged by all women present. You can bet he will be the target of loads of gossip and all that. Especially when he's of interest to them.

That's women being creepy, btw. Being gossipy behind each others back and getting all competitive and bitchy and all that. And the guy might not even notice it.

Huh. Nice take! Hadn't thought about in those terms (i.e., that creep is still there, just manifests differently). Makes me think about being one of the Beatles back in the day. . .christ how crazy would that have been? 

Because of the jerking off together?

This is more of a question than a pointless observation/thought:

So, I've noticed, when a chick goes on to a predominantly male forum/virtual space, dudes FREAK OUT. Like, there is some thread on the Aphex reddit right now that has, like, 80 posts, and it's because some chick posted a picture of herself with an Aphex Twin shirt (yes, I know, clearly I clicked on it. whatever. This isn't about that).

Or, like, back in the day used to play a ton of COD, to the point where I typically ranked top 3 in most matches. My wife (then girlfriend) would then get on the microphone and just, like, say random shit every few minutes. Dudes would flip the fuck out. "Yo, dude, is that a girl?!!!" It was hilarious. I also get it. The idea of some hot ass chick licking your ass during a FPS is, like, the DREAM. That's not really what this is about either.

My question is: Is there a place where this dynamic is reversed? Where, if a guy went on to a virtual space, chicks would totally whig out and be all fawning bordering on stalkery? Is that even possible, given our current social and gender dynamics?

see the edit

I often get weird looks when I take my toddler to kiddie activity groups at the local library. I'm almost always the only bloke there, and none of the mums have ever shown the slightest interest in acknowledging me although they're pretty chatty with eachother.

It's like a complete inverse of the weird stalking that women get from gamers. Blanking as opposed to creepy obsession

wear shades, their inability to look into your soul will have them gossiping, misinterpreting you as the Cadburys Milk Tray bloke & then commence passing you notes offering to drown you in lady ejaculate, no-strings

if you can live with the guilt......

Some guy i went to school with was watching football and he heard a screaming lady running down the street. He went out to see whats up and then got stabbed to death in front of his house by the guy chasing the lady. The murderer was a 19 year old kid all fucked up on meth and general psychosis. Seems pretty pointless to me.

Jesus.

Did the lady get away at least?

So the guy you went to school with and another guy were chasing the lady, and then a meth head appeared and stabbed both the guys?  Or did the lady stab them once they caught up?

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

I’m going to have to find some wood to knock on, but I haven’t been anywhere dangerous or stabby in a while. I also seem to blend in wherever I go and no one can tell what social class I’m from.

Oh a Senior Officer bought a prisoner down to my dept (a no prisoner allowed area) where we store not for issue property belonging to prisoners. He was after some legal paper work because his appeal was starting. I wasn't even working there at the time, just skiving, but I was the only person there and I'm one of the daddies of that place so I helped out the Officer.

Prisoner then starts grousing about wanting all his other shit he can't have, stereo etc. Which isn't gonna happen and I explained to him why, he's clearly not happy, slightly tense atmosphere. Officer also asks about a property sticker for another prisoner and I sort him out with one, this involves cutting it out from a sheet with a pair of scissors.

After they left I checked out who that prisoner was, turns out it's this guy.

Needless to say I wasn't best pleased and ended up reporting the SO for bringing him down there.

Drinking is a fun game. You are playing catch with tity and the but. Brew4 lyf