IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

Flying Lotus has become the Rick Moranis of music. 

Martin Shkreli got sent to prison and was reincarnated as Elon Musk. 

motherboard manufacturers' ads are so incredibly full of shit. try wading through this massive mountain of multicoloured bullshit to zero in on something matching your requirements. it's enough to give even the most autistic hardware enthusiast a headache.

best off just using a plain table of Intel chipsets in Wikipedia and searching shops for a model built on that.

apart from that and good memory/bandwidth specs, you just want the minimal amount of bullshit, really. motherboards can come packed with useless extras that you don't want (usually multi-GPU support falls in this category for me) so the real hassle is in trying to find a lightweight, affordable one that just does what you want and not anything else. unfortunately, if you want a board that suits the latest lines of CPUs and has overclocking support, then it's assumed you're a "gamer" or "enthusiast" and you want all that other shite.

right now, I want something that is compatible with the next gen of Intel CPUs (Coffee Lake 9xxxx, I'm looking at the i5-9600K) which is about to come out shortly, and I want overclocking support. this restricts me two chipsets, the Z370 and the Z390, and practically all the motherboards based on these come with CrossFire or SLI which I don't care about, as well as things like onboard wifi and blah which I'm also not really bothered about.

maybe I should just get an SLI-capable board now and think about bunging another GPU in it a few years from now to get the most out of it. but I've had one of these before and I went through a lot of trouble trying to make it work with a second card, which pretty much made it a no-go for me ever since.

I'm a CS major and I still barely know how to navigate PC features/specs. This is partially a result of having a cousin who has been on top of this shit since about 1999; he always knows what the latest nanometer chipsets are coming out, etc... so i just consult with him when it's time to upgrade.

Really, I have no interesting use cases anymore, getting a PCI-E audio card was the last major requirement I had. Thunderbolt on my next laptop maybe? /shrug

A very recent interest in computer generated art/ computer vision may change this, too early to say.

Edited by eczem

How does Zaphod know Fords name when they first meet on the Heart of Gold? Ford took on the name when he was stranded on Earth, so there's no way Zaphod would know his name unless he met him on Earth, which he didn't.

Businesses should have various hat styles and sizes depending on how high up in the company you are. Like the Catholic church, the bigger and stupider the hat, the higher up you are in the organisation.

If you buy bananas, be careful not to drop them. Because the area of impact gets brown and mushy to the point where they're no longer edible.

Also, they say if you go fishing on a boat, do not bring bananas on board.

If you buy bananas, be careful not to drop them. Because the area of impact gets brown and mushy to the point where they're no longer edible.

Also, they say if you go fishing on a boat, do not bring bananas on board.

If you drop eggs, your brain will be of drugs. Is unfortunate