IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

I've observed that my laughter has evolved quite substantially in the last few years, to something a bit higher pitched and more ecstatic overall.  More forceful.  Perhaps more of FLOL than a lol.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

I've observed that my laughter has evolved quite substantially in the last few years, to something a bit higher pitched and more ecstatic overall.  More forceful.  Perhaps more of FLOL than a lol.

I know Louie CK is in a bit of trouble right now but he hit's the nail on the head with this one:

btw, particularly 1:30 about the '2 guys'

I mean R Kelly, Roman Polanski, Woody Allen, and Chris Brown still have careers after doing stuff that was actually bad. Asking women to watch you jack off is so quaint and polite in comparison. I still can’t believe this shit tbqh

I mean R Kelly, Roman Polanski, Woody Allen, and Chris Brown still have careers after doing stuff that was actually bad. Asking women to watch you jack off is so quaint and polite in comparison. I still can’t believe this shit tbqh

Oh yes, I think it's forgivable. That said I think he should have addressed it differently instead of performing. He acknowledged that due to the position he was in the women weren't really in a position to say 'no', and that he didn't really uh... understand that there was an issue with the power he has being a top comedian and the dilemma the women face. 

That said I have no clue what he should have done besides stay away from the spotlight longer. It's obvious he didn't either. It really is new, awkward territory.

Seems like many of the online news places thought his career should have been over because of what happened, and like you I don't understand how what he did can be all that damaging to someone.

Edited by Brisbot

Trader Joe's Crisp Rice Cereal doesn't make much noise.

Man you're lucky to have a Trader Joe's. Chocolate-coated potato chips are one of my favorite treats of all time. We don't have one where I live and it's for a stupid reason.

I looked up the word "comely," and observed that it's usage has been on the uprise since the turn of the century, which is right around the time Neutral Milk Hotel released an album with the song "Oh Comely".  I've concluded that "comely" has come back in style as a direct result of that song.

See exhibit A below:

https://books.google.com/ngrams/graph?year_start=1800&year_end=2008&corpus=15&smoothing=7&case_insensitive=on&content=comely&direct_url=t4%3B%2Ccomely%3B%2Cc0%3B%2Cs0%3B%3Bcomely%3B%2Cc0%3B%3BComely%3B%2Cc0

Looked up the word "kismet," observed its usage has been on the uprise since 1994, which is the year Magic the Gathering came out with the card "Kismet".  Again, I think there's a connection.

Exhibit B:

https://books.google.com/ngrams/graph?year_start=1800&year_end=2008&corpus=15&smoothing=7&case_insensitive=on&content=kismet&direct_url=t4%3B%2Ckismet%3B%2Cc0%3B%2Cs0%3B%3BKismet%3B%2Cc0%3B%3Bkismet%3B%2Cc0%3B%3BKISMET%3B%2Cc0

This is officially my nerdiest watmm post.

Looked up the word "kismet," observed its usage has been on the uprise since 1994, which is the year Magic the Gathering came out with the card "Kismet".  Again, I think there's a connection.

Exhibit B:

https://books.google.com/ngrams/graph?year_start=1800&year_end=2008&corpus=15&smoothing=7&case_insensitive=on&content=kismet&direct_url=t4%3B%2Ckismet%3B%2Cc0%3B%2Cs0%3B%3BKismet%3B%2Cc0%3B%3Bkismet%3B%2Cc0%3B%3BKISMET%3B%2Cc0

This is officially my nerdiest watmm post.

According to urban dictionary Kismet was also used in the a star trek episode that aired in 1992 so there's a second subset of nerds that could have possibly had this word injected into their vocabulary. 

The graph really shoots up around 1994 though, does this mean Magic the Gathering has a greater cultural influence than Star Trek or maybe it takes a while for the word to spread?

Edited by user

i suppose you aren't aware that polygraph tests are a crock of shit then. they are basically a more recent incarnation of trial-by-ordeal. in the realm of therapy if anything they could be put to use to measure stress levels to different stimuli. but yea "lie-detector" tests basically just measure nervous stimulation/arousal.

I know people who have had to take polygraphs for their jobs. I’ve also heard clenching yo butt is how people cheat them. The wacky world of spies and the spying spies who spy on them.

Polygraph tests fail to recognize complex sets of variables.

They would work if lying was the only thing that raised your heart rate...

allegedly Beyoncé clenches her butt for minutes and minutes a day - wtf is she preparing for that psychopathic bitch

pelvic muscles. helps to keep everything in check after giving birth. google prolapse if you want to know why. ;)