IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

Well that was a short break.

Just so you know, it was the longest one I've had in over 10 years and I feel quite accomplished. 

I've had several breaks from the internet for a month at a time; the first was the most difficult with me thinking about it fairly often, but after that I didn't miss it at all, although it probably helped that I was on semi-holiday outside of my home and its related routine at a time. 

I've also done the checking one's e-haunts once a week thing and it works alright, although I just spent the same time on alternate sites instead of doing anything productive, but it's still a nice breather and relative mental reset.

The key word to using the internet and still getting stuff done:

M O D E R A T I O N

Once you've gotten stuff done, you can use the internet to:

L O O K A T B O O B S

Not necessarily in that order.

Been watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation every Christmas for the past 25 or so years and it’s only just occurred to me that Clark is the bad guy. He frequently endangers his family with little or no signs of concern. He bullies and totally wrecks his poor neighbour’s lives for no real reason whatsoever. He gets his family deep into financial troubles by secretly spunking away their money on his own personal vanity pool project, which he intends to use for rinsing his sidebitches.

Merry Christmas

I've had several breaks from the internet for a month at a time; the first was the most difficult with me thinking about it fairly often, but after that I didn't miss it at all, although it probably helped that I was on semi-holiday outside of my home and its related routine at a time. 

I've also done the checking one's e-haunts once a week thing and it works alright, although I just spent the same time on alternate sites instead of doing anything productive, but it's still a nice breather and relative mental reset.

Yeah that 3-hour break wasn't actually the longest one I've had in 10 years. I've also carried out similar experiments before. Earlier this year I managed to stop browsing a malicious website I was heavily addicted to (a Finnish imageboard) with the weekly one-time quota strategy.

I'm not sure if you actually took that information at face value but I should be more mindful of that possibility. Like yesterday I found it absolutely hilarious that I changed my avatar to a mindful dog statue and told people to assess how much it values their opinion but in retrospect it comes across as kinda touchy. Kinda cringe-inducing even. Like most of the stuff I posted just to 'ave a giggle. Probably not the best move to reveal deceive people into thinking I have repressed issues.

To that end I figured it might be wise to [redact] these recent posts but doing so without mentioning anything might look a bit dramatic and drama is what I'm trying to wind down with this.

I'm gonna take a break for real tho (that part was RT™ after all) but the reason I'm currently failing to follow through is because it's just auto-torture until you refine your schedules. Otherwise you really do end up substituting it with something equally useless. I've been literally just walking around aimlessly today for probably hours. My shins are killing me.

To be perfectly fair, shit did get real for a moment there because that video is actually pretty bad. Turns out the girl is 16. That's right, I sought her out on Facebook because I just had to get to the bottom of this. That's the age of consent here though so I guess it's technically okay to check "them goods" out - you know, as a matter of law. I'm not sure if I actually did though. My mind kinda went there out of habit but it did feel instantly wrong. I couldn't follow it up with any desire to get intimate with her because youthful naivety scares me, especially that of a Christian variety. A Christian girl was really into me one time. She was my age but very short. I didn't find that particularly attractive. She also ended every other sentence in a smiley face :) That made her seem inhuman and unrelatable somehow. We exchanged multiple-sentence texts and sometimes she would insert like three consecutive sentences without a single smiley face and it felt like an oasis of humanity amidst a desert of some terrifying uncanny valley shit. I'm serious. We kept in contact for a couple of months and then I ghosted her. I feel bad about that. It's been over four years and I still think about apologizing to her every now and then. She's married now. I've never been more alone.

JC... my man. You had paved the way for me. I should've got right with you all those years ago. None of this improper lewdness would be occurring.

Last year I was working as a telemarketer for a while and a 17-year-old girl in the cubicle next to me randomly introduced herself to me one day and told me that I have a nice deep voice and women must respond well to that. I have a recollection of her boobs being large so I guess I must've checked her out. I couldn't imagine getting it on with her though. Something about young girls with immaculately fresh faces and minds feels sexually repulsive in an "uncanny valley" way to me. 

Also, women did NOT respond well to it (except for a couple of instances - if you're reading this... call me*). Fucking sucked at that job.

*You know who you are

Edited by Pipenik

To Carry - Portare

I                 Porto

You            Portas

He/She/It   Portat

We             Portamus

You (pl.)     Portatis

They          Portant

Edited by ManjuShri