IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

The latter I think. I grew up with them, I had an Atari at the age of 6 or 7, followed by a Commodore64, an Amiga 500, Megadrive, PS1 & PS2 and N64. Then the Gamecube, which was the last console I bought. I still find some games interesting, I think because my 'peers' (people in chatmm) discuss them. I'll do a bit of research, find out what the setting and storyline is, watch a little bit of gameplay on youtube, just to satisfy my curiousity. But sinking hours and hours into a videogame now would give me existential dread, like I'm wasting time I could be spending on music and art stuff. And as far as escapism goes, I have a shitload of books I still haven't read.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

The latter I think. I grew up with them, I had an Atari at the age of 6 or 7, followed by a Commodore64, an Amiga 500, Megadrive, PS1 & PS2 and N64. Then the Gamecube, which was the last console I bought. I still find some games interesting, I think because my 'peers' (people in chatmm) discuss them. I'll do a bit of research, find out what the setting and storyline is, watch a little bit of gameplay on youtube, just to satisfy my curiousity. But sinking hours and hours into a videogame now would give me existential dread, like I'm wasting time I could be spending on music and art stuff. And as far as escapism goes, I have a shitload of books I still haven't read.

Totally feel you on the existential dread. I don't remember when exactly it started. But as I became busier the nagging feeling that I'm wasting my  time got stronger. I think that may have caused me to quit for so long, besides the fact that I found making music much more satisfying.  It's odd that I feel that way about games but am fine with spending too much time on forums/social media.

I don't get the nagging feeling now though, but I also play video games max 2 or 3 hours a week, so I'm sure if I kept pushing it, it would come back.

I have a stack of books that I haven't gotten around to. I keep buying books that I know I'd like, and they just sit there on my bookshelf and I'll get around to reading 1 every 2 months, but in the meantime I bought 4 more books. It's a vicious cycle, lol.

Edited by Brisbot

I wish to take a prolonged period of withdrawal from society. Not necessarily full-on hikkikomori though, because I would still like to wander and go places. But I want to be free from work and family obligations for a while.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, yekker said:

good looking girls with septum piercings, what a turn off

I thought we were friends.

5 hours ago, ambergonk said:

I wish to take a prolonged period of withdrawal from society. Not necessarily full-on hikkikomori though, because I would still like to wander and go places. But I want to be free from work and family obligations for a while.

Same same same

same

9 hours ago, yekker said:

U have a septum piercing ? ?‍♂️

No, I think septum piercings make cute girls even more attractive.

I finally went on a poppy seed tea trip for about a week. Spent about 150 dollars on seeds. 

You get the about 1 and a half cups of seeds in really cold water (water should cover seeds) but leave enough room for the stuff to shake, add squeezed lime for acidity. Put it all in a 1 liter seltzer bottle. Shake vigorously for as long as you can really, 20 minutes? 

I got my seeds from doing my research.

Partially unscrew the cap and squeeze the juice out. Maybe double wash. You have to find the right seeds. (organic unwashed "English poppy" seeds. )

Anyway, it is amazing. It's not like an Pharma opiate high. Its more like a mystical trippy feeling, with of course pain relief and a very calming effect. Loved it.

But I woke up with numb hands, and after I stopped I got depressed. Im predisposed to depression and no high is worth depression. So, Tried it, maybe I'll try it once in a blue moon but not continually. 

Definitely a high Ive never experienced. Increased energy. floaty, good feelings, trippy. 

Edited by marf

there's a sports stadium in city that in September 2018 was rebranded as Marvel Stadium. the stadium is visible on my walk to work.. and any given day there'll always be people stopping in the middle of the foot path to take selfies and family photos with Marvel Stadium in the background. an entertainment complex with >>Zero<< cultural significance in australia. i find it truly upsetting !!!

Edited by bitchroast

I hate sensationalized clickbait on political videos. I don't care what side of the spectrum it's coming from.

Example: "Penisface destroys twatmonkey with facts and logic"...or, "Justicechampion shuts down Orangekingsupporter during FUX interview."

It's fucking grade school antics, man. Just tell us actual current events like news outlets did in the old days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tim_J said:

tried beef jerky for the first time and i love it, why the hell does it have to be so expensive though... ?

I love the stuff but as you said it's so expensive and there's little to nothing in the pack ?

I'm sure everyone has noticed this. But I always find it funny how you're more likely to use a word you heard in the past day from someone else, than if you just used it on it's own without having been 'primed' by hearing someone else use it. It can be a word you don't normally use, but if you heard it that day you'll end up using it once or twice.

Similar to that is something I notice quite frequently - I'll learn a new word I'm unfamiliar with, and then I'll hear it come up multiple times in the days following.  Happens a lot.  Is there a word for that?  A word I'm unfamiliar with perhaps??  (If so I'll report back with my findings.)

1 hour ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Similar to that is something I notice quite frequently - I'll learn a new word I'm unfamiliar with, and then I'll hear it come up multiple times in the days following.  Happens a lot.  Is there a word for that?  A word I'm unfamiliar with perhaps??  (If so I'll report back with my findings.)

Lol yeah that too. I wonder why everyone suddenly wants to use this word I feel I barely ever hear. If anyone has a word for that feeling it'll be in German, considering 'schadenfreude' is a word there.

Hell this is how new words  are made. Just make something up and use it like it's always been there.

Edited by Brisbot

What about those times where 2 unrelated things happen at the same time and even though they're totally unrelated your mind considers them as being related for a split second or two, since the mind likes looking for patterns.

Edited by Brisbot

1 hour ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

13 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

What about those times where 2 unrelated things happen at the same time and even though they're totally unrelated your mind considers them as being related for a split second or two, since the mind likes looking for patterns.

Synchronicity?

Edited by Tim_J

I've always had more than a bit of depression, but after having a (very) near death experience this week, I can see how much life is worth living. 

Life is worth living.

• Like 2