Joyrex

I was curious to the origins of the game on the Mike & Rich: Expert Knob Twiddlers release (which was recently re-released with extra tracks), and I found out the original game the cover is based on is the old Milton Bradley game, Downfall:

Vintage-1992-Downfall-Board-Game-by-MB.j

I've put the UK box here since the US version isn't as similar to the album cover.

No clue as to where the numbered tiles rotating around the text in the parody cover comes from; none of the Downfall variants I could find have that in their title:

a3410779861_10.jpg

Maybe @Bambi knows?

Just a fun trip down memory lane!

EDIT: I'm also willing to bet that isn't Mike Paradinas' hand on the Downfall dial!

did anyone else get confused and think this was about michael richards and his 'downfall' that happened about 10 years ago?

also i'm pretty sure the wiki article for EKT mentions the similarity to the board game does it not?

lol yeah

I reckon everyone in UK and Ireland growing up in the 80's (like Mike n Rich) made that connection  - twas a very popular game this side of the pond

Yep ! Reminds me of the last days of term at primary school when we were all allowed to play it...

I reckon everyone in UK and Ireland growing up in the 80's (like Mike n Rich) made that connection  - twas a very popular game this side of the pond

Yep ! Reminds me of the last days of term at primary school when we were all allowed to play it...

Same here. Mouse Trap was another pearler.

Funnily enough, I also recently found that Aphex Twin Cheetah EP artwork was based on an old ZX Spectrum accessory called "Sweet Talker" which was distributed by a company named...Cheetah !

b_1_q_0_p_0.jpg?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.compu

R-3979643-1360535943-4573.jpeg.jpg

look familiar? this is the cover of the richard d james album by Aphex Twin... but not many people know Richard D James is Aphex Twin's actual name!! and furthermore...

aphex-twin-demo-alantis-cirklon.jpg

this is how Aphex (richard) looks like!! it's  actually his pic in the cover!!!

look familiar? this is the cover of the richard d james album by Aphex Twin... but not many people know Richard D James is Aphex Twin's actual name!! and furthermore...

this is how Aphex (richard) looks like!! it's actually his pic in the cover!!!

Oh

My

God

this is the cover of the richard d james album by Aphex Twin... but not many people know Richard D James is Aphex Twin's actual name!!

That was debunked years ago man, Aphex Twin is just a Max/Marlow patch made by twin sisters Sue and Rab Sanderson

Yes... I know M&R was based on an actual board game - just thought it would make an interesting topic for discussion for those not aware (especially those of us born around the time this release came out, let alone us old farts who actually remember the board game itself before the album parody).

Yes, I know the discs with the numbers are what you play the game with - my point is none of the Downfall logos feature them, so I assume it came from other artwork assets on the box, and whoever did the parody cover (my guess GWC or Manuel Sepulveda) decided it would dress up the title.

this is how Aphex (richard) looks like!! it's  actually his pic in the cover!!!

big if true

Archived