IGNORED

WATMM Album of the Year 2017 Nominations

Rubin Farr

Yeah, I'd be into that!

By the way, I wasnt trying to guilt folks. I totally relate to the dozens or more of unlistened albums, and I have the priviledge of listening to music at work...

no your post was very well put. and I've been guilty of it too. i typically trainwreck towards the end of the year and then stabilize though... lots to catch up on in january!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a casual observer it seems like:

Feel dae

Pony-anal

Colon sequence/stimulation

Dang

Whirldeeter

Rolando Simmons - World Building

Grizzly Bear - Painted Ruins

Zvad - Baklava

Mastodon - Emperor of Sand

Ochre - Beyond the Outer Loop

Power Trip - Nightmare Logic

Aphex Twin - Field Day

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Polygondwanaland

Havok - Conformicide

Without any organization:

Starcadian - Midnight Signals

Siriusmo - Comic

Perturbator - New Model

The Octopus Project - Memory Mirror

Meatbingo - The Error of My WAVs

Kangding Ray - Hyper Opal Mantis

Extrawelt - Fear of an Extra Planet

Clark - Death Peak

Bola - DEG

The Flashbulb - Piety of Ashes (oops)

forgot Johnny Jewel - Windswept. that's a very excellent album that I've listened to a lot and still do.

it was also useful in remembering all the nice and cool moments throughout twin peaks season 3, which would otherwise have been soured by its atrocious ending. too bad not more stuff from the album showed up in it.

I enjoyed the discussion about watmm artists and the lack of their mention of these lists. I do feel as though there is amazing talent here and I'd love it to be made more obvious when people put out major releases. Like it should be a separate landing page entirely before you get onto the forums or something with links. Celebrate the art!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I just would like to see more discussion and appreciation of things people here put out. The Artwork thread and the Latest Creations forum are genuinely positive and constructive, but the EKT album forum can be so dead, and that is the culmination of so much of what many of us do, right? if you've been skimming the Boomkat and Bleep lists, and you havent listened to trent hawkins, Auditor, ladalaika, owen gilbride, BCM, IMPAKT, ANTAPE, ATRIUM, MOPFUNK, Phyla Zen, Gareth Clarke, DAVID PECK, Jonas The Plugexpert, beathaven, Blaž, thidiot, sepha or whoever else published and posted in EKT this year, why not?

Zwischenwelt

Hidden Hawaii

In comparing Zwischenwelt to a "mysterious obelisk," Mark Smith aptly summarised the album's enigmatic sound. It draws equally from dub techno and drum & bass, but resembles neither style. That's partly down to its use of Euclidean rhythms, each one taking turns to draw the ear. Not that much of this would cross your mind on a dance floor—you'd probably just ask, awestruck, "What the hell is this?"

Listen: Apple Music / SoundCloud / Spotify

How could I forget this one?? Way too much great stuff put out this year.

Thought I would skim through this thread to check out some good shit I may have missed... and pleased I did cause this is just what I needed! Thanks for the recommendation!

dunal - chronicles vol1

batfinks - mosisac

rolando simmons - world building

afx - field day

thidiot - patworld

Where do I listen to Patworld? 

Zwischenwelt

Hidden Hawaii

In comparing Zwischenwelt to a "mysterious obelisk," Mark Smith aptly summarised the album's enigmatic sound. It draws equally from dub techno and drum & bass, but resembles neither style. That's partly down to its use of Euclidean rhythms, each one taking turns to draw the ear. Not that much of this would cross your mind on a dance floor—you'd probably just ask, awestruck, "What the hell is this?"

Listen: Apple Music / SoundCloud / Spotify

How could I forget this one?? Way too much great stuff put out this year.

Thought I would skim through this thread to check out some good shit I may have missed... and pleased I did cause this is just what I needed! Thanks for the recommendation!

You're welcome.  Pretty much everything on the Hidden Hawaii label is buy on sight. 

Archived