IGNORED

LA Wildfires

Nebraska

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

shit is crazy.  i lived in san diego when there was huge fire that got pretty close to the city and actually burned up one of the older well known parts of scrips ranch.  my work was evacuated when the hill side a bit down the road caught fire. 

the smoke was so thick you could stare at the sun in mid day. it looked like a reddish burn centered in an ashtray in the sky.  every morning my car was covered in ash and i had to turn on the windshield wipers to see. 

it was brutal. right during the santa ana winds. fucking misery but we did have power!  

i hope they get some rains soon. and winds die down. 

43 minutes ago, ignatius said:

i hope they get some rains soon. and winds die down. 

santa ana winds expected as early as tomorrow. if there is any chance of rain, i just don't see it until mid-december, and even if we do get that, we need something slow and steady to even begin to un-do one of the worst dry spells in decades. 

good news is the leader of isis is dead so everyone in california will at least get a good nights rest 

Getty fire: Housekeepers and gardeners go to work despite the flames

I spotted a man cutting grass in front of a nearby home as residents fled the neighborhood in their cars.

Chon Ortiz, 50, knew about the fire. He was stuck in traffic on his way into the neighborhood. The owners did not ask him to work, but he had three homes along this route.

“If they say I have to evacuate, I will,” he said in Spanish. “But I need to work.”

what's amazing is they can often track down who started these fires. With all those people and possible ways it can start. Like down to some guy flicking a match out his window. 

California is beautiful. Really sad.

2 hours ago, marf said:

what's amazing is they can often track down who started these fires. With all those people and possible ways it can start. Like down to some guy flicking a match out his window. 

no doubt. or some dumb ass power company putting their electrical lines underneath dried up eucalyptus trees

salute to this "correct" conservative though for (at least) pointing the finger at the right guy

Cali just gonna keep burning until they rake the forests.

Portland local news weather guy said conditions going to stay the same for a while without rain in the 7 day forecast. Winds might die down some though.

On 10/29/2019 at 9:12 PM, Nebraska said:

no doubt. or some dumb ass power company putting their electrical lines underneath dried up eucalyptus trees

salute to this "correct" conservative though for (at least) pointing the finger at the right guy

That guy still doesn't understand that the severity of the fire and the chance for one to happen are because of how dry it is. So global warming, once again.

1 hour ago, Braintree said:

That guy still doesn't understand that the severity of the fire and the chance for one to happen are because of how dry it is. So global warming, once again.

^ I can picture him ignorantly saying that standing in front of a coal plant, inhaling all that wonderful carbon dioxide, surrounded by maga hats cheering him on wildly...

Archived