IGNORED

This EDM infested internet. IT SUCKS

Guys, it sucks. I can't explain how it sucks. You find tutorials for so many instruments/fx/production techniques.

And in 99% of all cases they use EDM as an example. Supersaws. Wobbles. This uninspiring shite again and again.

Now there is some VSTi out (Ana 2) and the dev. showed a tutorial how to create... supersaws. GUYS this is stinking so heavily.

Why aren't people interested in something interesting? Sound designing a burp? Creating interest music, not the same crappy boring edm garbage pile over and over again?

Christmas is coming. I start to rage.

Why aren't people interested in [...] creating interest music

Hahahahaha!

I'm pretty sure people who listen to EDM find it interesting the same way you probably find SAW or whatever interesting.

Also, that has got to be the most elitist thing I've read in a long time.

I am gonna show you guys my FAV thing to do!

First put this vid on and skip to 6 minutes in when everyone is dancing. Also mute the sound on this vid:

Next put this vid on with sound on but turned down by 25%:

Finally choose a song for everyone to be dancing to! For instance let's use this one and set he speed of the Hardwell concert vid to double (in the settings menu at the bottom right):

Try other songs too!

When Jungle broke through everyone wanted the amen break.

Dubstep, how do we make wobble bass?

Reggae? Gotta have a Mikey Dread sample in there.

Acid? It all sounds the same if you've got a 303.

Genres are built on copying eachother.

Just be glad that new ones break through every now and then

Why aren't people interested in something interesting? Sound designing a burp?

If only it was as easy as

making a YouTube video of your own

a tutorial explaining how to sound design a burp

or something explaining how you create an interesting track of your own that isn't EDM

but alas,

YouTube videos are all made by huge corporations costing millions of dollars each

has to be starring some big star explaining EDM otherwise

why would I watch it?

so yeah it is too bad

that YouTube is such a difficult market for the common person to involve themselves in

if only cameras and computers were available to us all.

one day maybe

i was thinking the other night that electronic music has really come a long way. I remember when fire starter made number one and it was supposed to be earth shaking news. In the mid 90's at least in America you were fucking weird to listen to anything electronic. Even the good shit. 

In the mid 90's at least in America you were fucking weird to listen to anything electronic. Even the good shit. 

You're still a bit weird if you listen to the really good stuff. Most of it, anyway

Why aren't people interested in something interesting? 

'

i think you mean "why arent people interested in stuff i like"

the reality is that idm is not good music, we like it for some reason but most people dont, get over it, taylor swift is more pleasing to the average brain than idm, who the fuck wants to hear 13 minutes of scratching and glitching 

First put this vid on and skip to 6 minutes in when everyone is dancing. Also mute the sound on this vid:

Finally choose a song for everyone to be dancing to! For instance let's use this one and set he speed of the Hardwell concert vid to double (in the settings menu at the bottom right):

Try other songs too!

TOTAL IDM 2017 II (WCAG2.0 Metoo Touch Interface)

Why aren't people interested in something interesting? 

'

i think you mean "why arent people interested in stuff i like"

the reality is that idm is not good music, we like it for some reason but most people dont, get over it, taylor swift is more pleasing to the average brain than idm, who the fuck wants to hear 13 minutes of scratching and glitching 

resist that idm guilt

In the mid 90's at least in America you were fucking weird to listen to anything electronic. Even the good shit. 

You're still a bit weird if you listen to the really good stuff. Most of it, anyway

I also remember there being certain cliques associated with each music genre in the 90s. It was like a segregation of subcultures along with ethnic appropriation when I was growing up. Not sure if that's still the case today.

Of course, that same period was more or less a renaissance for electronic music in general, particularly for this forum's Featured Artists. But then again that segregation of genres was probably just an American thing. I'm sure someone else might be able to explain it better than I can.

https://youtu.be/xGPjonxrUYc

https://youtu.be/-FLgShtdxQ8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PFGZRAV9Uw

Try other songs too!

Hahahahah this is brilliant

It's actually really simple:

Just ignore all or most pop music and edm. 

And listen to the music you like. 

It might be that popular music hits new lows each new day, but that might just be the nostalgia talking (or not). 

Anyway, there's loads of awesome new music to be found as well. Just gotta find it. 

Don't despair, guys. EDM is on its way out. Has anyone noticed the burgeoning genre of funky-groovy-chillvibe-with-some-step-multipliers-thrown-in music that every popular YouTube synth reviewer seems to make?

I think it's called Jam. Because that's they're favorite word. Jam.

Why? Because Jam sounds better than "I spent 6 hours tweaking knobs and dinking around with my expensive toys and spat this out."

Not throwing shade, I mean, I do the same shit but I don't call it jamming to make myself sound cooler.

belgium is the worst edm cancer stain in the universe

wtf are these people doing? where were the parents at??

Wow.

Just wow.

Hellish nightmare of a DJ set.

Anyone using a mic during a DJ set should be banned from music forever.

And people clapping:please no.

Archived