IGNORED

SNOW

BCM

*airy synth strings intro*

*in comes the 1970's tv show sample of a poet reading his works (lotta reverb added)*

Ah winter, the time of year when I can expect to be woken up at 5am clutching my chest out of fear of the earthquake that is shaking my house. The deep ear-splitting sonic force of the earth crumbling under me. All within a split-second as the realization of this reality sets in. The snow plows have arrived.

*bass drops so hard, your dick becomes a shit*

Hmm, actually...:

https://soundcloud.com/777gogogo/snow-plows

Beautiful.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*airy synth strings intro*

*in comes the 1970's tv show sample of a poet reading his works (lotta reverb added)*

Ah winter, the time of year when I can expect to be woken up at 5am clutching my chest out of fear of the earthquake that is shaking my house.  The deep ear-splitting sonic force of the earth crumbling under me.  All within a split-second as the realization of this reality sets in.  The snow plows have arrived.

*bass drops so hard, your dick becomes a shit*

Hmm, actually...:

holy shit

• 3 weeks later...

got hit with the bomb cyclone yesterday! holy shit!

but really, it was a blizzard. we get like a bunch of them every single winter. the media hype around storms these days is an unparalleled look at our society. it's unreal.

but really, it was a blizzard. we get like a bunch of them every single winter. the media hype around storms these days is an unparalleled look at our society. it's unreal.

What part of NJ are you in? I heard areas by the shore really got hit. Philly was only supposed to get an inch but we ended up with like 5-7.

lol. Nah I get it though, when you (not you individually really... more like your city/town etc) aren't used to it everyone takes extra precautions. Driving slow, road clearing etc. 

I think in November we had a storm where we got 40cm (appr 16") in 36hr and noone batted an eye. 2 weeks ago we had 10" overnight, same type of deal. Just kind of get used to it heh.

When I lived in Oklahoma, it snowed like 1/2" and they shut schools down and everything.  :rolleyes:

lol. Nah I get it though, when you (not you individually really... more like your city/town etc) aren't used to it everyone takes extra precautions. Driving slow, road clearing etc. 

I think in November we had a storm where we got 40cm (appr 16") in 36hr and noone batted an eye. 2 weeks ago we had 10" overnight, same type of deal. Just kind of get used to it heh.

When I lived in Oklahoma, it snowed like 1/2" and they shut schools down and everything.  :rolleyes:

Here in RI we got walloped with around 2 feet but thankfully didn't lose electricity.  Got to spend the day home with the wife & kids which was nice; shoveling, not so much.

"Bread & milk" is a dad meme that goes back to actual shortages here in the Northeast during/following the blizzard of 1978. In the winters that followed even the slightest whiff of a potential storm would whip ppl of my parents' generation into a foodstuff-hoarding mania.

When I lived in Oklahoma, it snowed like 1/2" and they shut schools down and everything. :rolleyes:

We will get 1-3 inches and if it sticks the entire city shuts down. Part of it’s the hills, part of it’s because it only happens a few times every couple years so there’s no infrastructure around it.

Yeah, I wondered about that. There was some news I was listening to about it on radio or TV and they were like, "unprecedented winter storms across the US from New England down to Georgia, it's pretty uncommon for these southern states to get it now/this much, they can't deal with it, and also New England gets these all the time and this is really not out of the ordinary" ...then why the fuck are we talking about it? 

Breaking NEWS: It's a beautiful fucking day in Hawaii! It's being called a Sun Tunnel! Just lots of great warm sunlight and nice conditions! Amazing for the area, actually it's like this 90% of the time, but just wanted to talk about something.

I'm in northern NJ. 8" snowstorms are pretty common. Last year we had a 30" one. The point is, we are all very used to snow up here. We don't need to buy milk and batteries every time it snows. It's insanity that people don't think anymore.

I'm in central NJ, got only about 4" here so no big deal.

I've also lived in Connecticut and Maryland; it was interesting to see how differently people in those places reacted to large snowstorms. Grew up in NE Ohio where lake effect and drifts can and does routinely bury everyone, but the worst part there was that the sun just went away for 3 months.

but the worst part there was that the sun just went away for 3 months.

that's like where I live. It's not unusual to have months with just grey, cloudy skies... It really sucks actually. 

I'm sure you know ah... we were kidding right? lol

Or what did you mean?

To mine and Lada's point, lots of places do shut down for not very much, panic, etc.

yea lol

i forgot to quote Davie's post where he was asking where in NJ I was :P

Archived