IGNORED

SNOW

BCM

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure you know ah... we were kidding right? lol

Or what did you mean?

To mine and Lada's point, lots of places do shut down for not very much, panic, etc.

Yeah I mean... I used to live in Chicago. 3 feet of snow and nothing/no one would be phased. Very different in the PNW. Also very much not flat, unlike the midwest US.

Here in RI we got walloped with around 2 feet but thankfully didn't lose electricity.  Got to spend the day home with the wife & kids which was nice; shoveling, not so much.

"Bread & milk" is a dad meme that goes back to actual shortages here in the Northeast during/following the blizzard of 1978. In the winters that followed even the slightest whiff of a potential storm would whip ppl of my parents' generation into a foodstuff-hoarding mania.

Did we really get two feet?  I had the last two days off anyway (working on the weekend this week) so I've been holed up inside since it started but it looks more like 12"-14" tops from my living room window.

Archived