Sign in to follow this  
QQQ

q-Ziq

Q music. Qusic. Qziq. Hello.

Hey I like the chords and melodies in this one.

Great sounds in general, how do you like the Blofeld?

Ya definitely like this one, very warm and creamy

Hey I like the chords and melodies in this one.

Great sounds in general, how do you like the Blofeld?

i love it. it has tons of character but at the same time has huge range. a lot of people see it as a cold or metallic sounding synth (which it definitely can be if you want it to), but it does thick and warm really well if you use it right. if you enjoy programming and making patches it has amazing depth.

all synths in this one except the bass are Blofeld.

thanks for the comments, i appreciate it.

Edited by QQQ

agreed with the other guys, the melody and it's texture is very relaxing. I feel the percussion is somewhat flat for my taste, maybe put reverb on some hits so it slots in with the melody a bit.

nice track!

Edited by GetSquirrely

Really loving the Blofeld, have one in the post currently and can't wait to play with it. I agree with GetSquirrelly in that the percussion sounds a bit flat and needs reverb. Personally think a snare with really long decay would sound nice here 

This gives me some nostalgic feelings of Christmas as a kid. Good vibes, good track. :music:

Boc bandpass flavored synth pads me likes, as stated above I also think the drums could benefit from some more love. 

Agree on blofeld's reputation. Its got character and its not all thin and heartless. Bit clicky though.

Made nice use of it on this track. What did you do the bass with? I like songs that are mostly all one synth, get a good feeling of its character.

i've had the same comments about the dryness of my drums on previous tracks too, gotta work on that.

@Belum - the bass is Minibrute.

@Heaven - enjoy your Blo, bro.

yeah lovely synths and melodies but the beat doesn't stand up to it, imo... keep it up!!!

nostalgic vibes

cheers fx

here's a new one, fresh off the press

dunno but your melodies do something to me. you make pretty old school sounding music giving me nostalgia for times and things I didn't even experience. My only advice would be that I think your tracks would benefit if you would add more percussive details in the background. not in a way that they make your composition a sensory overload but in a way that there is more depth and detail to discover on repeated listens (in a BoC way)

Edited by darreichungsform

Q music. Qusic. Qziq. Hello.

Not bad but not really feeling this if I'm honest as its a bit too downtempo without much lift. It works though if that makes sense its just not particularly my thing. Sorry dude. :-)

cheers fx

here's a new one, fresh off the press

Reminds me of Autechre well the beat does. Again a bit too downtempo for my tastes though. Sorry man.

no worries, tastes is tastes. thanks for your comments.

Getting some BoC/ early warp vibes, which is nice.

My two cents is that I like a lot of variety and rhythmic flourishes. Could add some specs of unpredictability in there.

thanks man. definitely trying to up my perc game a little at the mo, though that track ended up being pretty straight forward and hip-hopish with the drums.

I like it.  Maybe mess around with the drum sound a bit more so it matches the warmth of the melody.