IGNORED

Plaid + Felix's Machine, Luke Vibert, U-Ziq, Bochum Welt - March 9, 2018 [Ovalspace]

Rubin Farr

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mike P started off and was pretty much hitting it hard from the off  with signature twisted junglism. He had a mellow XTEP-type sesh near the end but went hard again to end :).... My mate Niall is th espit of him and got confused for him later in the crowd.... he found it hard to keep the pretense up though!

Plaid came on next controlling the Felix machine which was on stage, from the sound-desk. Usual plinky-ploniness from them.. sorry not much of a  fan..nice beats now n then but .....meh

Luke Vibert killed it for the most part with a tight acid-techno set but took a while to take off... played  Aphex, afx, Caustic Window, Tuss and there was much rejoicing. Excelente

Bochum Welt end the evening with a patchy set mix-wise... good tracks but didn't follow through with the promises made I guess..... he did end on "End E2" by Aphex Twin so that was something I guess... disapointing though

Didn't meet any watmmers/snarpers..... my Secret Santa never showed for his ticket... Paul number3_ Nicholson couldn't make it because of babysitting issues but i did meet some potential snarpers, afx fans, from London and Birmingham, making tracks so i'll check them out when i phase-down..... 

The Oval Space was dead handy, nice venue ....but overpriced cans of beer. No VJ's but who care and a "no recording" policy which kept the phones in-pocket so no complaint there really... decent banter and plenty of room to cane it. 

Archived