IGNORED

What are your plans, resolutions, goals for 2018?

Auditor

I closed my facebook account this morning.

It feels good and I don't know why I didn't do it last year when I first figured I'd do it.

I am strongly tempted to do the same. But then I risk cutting off the sole means of communication with half of my peers.
one can deactivate facebook but keep using the messenger app.. as soon as i found out that was a thing I did it and now instead of mindlessly scrolling trough fb I mindlessly scroll trough watmm. feels good

That's exactly what I ended up doing. And I already feel a boost in my attention span when reading online articles. No joke.

~HAVE AN IDM 2018 EVERYONE!~

~ONE DAY AT A TIME~

~YOUR LAZER WILL LAZER~

~LET YOUR LAZER BE LAZER~

~IDM 2018~

There are several DIY lazer gun tutorials throughout YT. I like the bright, UV purple ones.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

~HAVE AN IDM 2018 EVERYONE!~

~ONE DAY AT A TIME~

~YOUR LAZER WILL LAZER~

~LET YOUR LAZER BE LAZER~

~IDM 2018~

There are several DIY lazer gun tutorials throughout YT. I like the bright, UV purple ones.

The lazer gun in your MIIIND MYAAAAAN. . . . .

So it's like the Force then...Lazer Force

Or like IDM Man circa 2014

IDM Man is always there- but yes, IDM is like The Force.  IDM is about actualizing oneself to the point of expressing sincerely and freely without shame or embarrassment.  The realization is a continuing process of refinement, due to living in Time, which requires action and movement for it (Time) to exist.  So sometimes one has to change in order to maintain the IDM Self, which is why habitual expression- such as cliches in one's own music- can hinder full IDM Self Actualization.  After one lives from the heart, there's not much need to doubt the self- just express!- but perception needs to be kept high in order to not fall into bad habit ditches.  If we can't properly perceive what's right in front of us, we can't react to it properly- and music is basically self-reaction.

Know thy IDM Self.

So it's like the Force then...Lazer Force

Or like IDM Man circa 2014

IDM Man is always there- but yes, IDM is like The Force.  IDM is about actualizing oneself to the point of expressing sincerely and freely without shame or embarrassment.  The realization is a continuing process of refinement, due to living in Time, which requires action and movement for it (Time) to exist.  So sometimes one has to change in order to maintain the IDM Self, which is why habitual expression- such as cliches in one's own music- can hinder full IDM Self Actualization.  After one lives from the heart, there's not much need to doubt the self- just express!- but perception needs to be kept high in order to not fall into bad habit ditches.  If we can't properly perceive what's right in front of us, we can't react to it properly- and music is basically self-reaction.

Know thy IDM Self.

its-a-trap-tumblr-1024x435.jpg

My real plan from NOW is to stop being an selfish uncaring dick...

In the past 3 years my father has had 4 treatments of chemotherapy, 1 treatment of radiotherapy and he was really ill yesterday which resulted in a trip to the hospital...

He is now being kept in as he has sepsis and i pretty much think he's not coming back out...

The thing is i live with him but so up my own arse i have shown no care towards him and didn't even know he has had that much treatment for so long...

That is all i needed to get out and no more shitposts from Juvith Sith because i want to treat you all as my new family...

I want to get a new job that I enjoy and that pays more. It seems like a fleeting dream at this point, but I'm hoping it can happen because I absolutely hate the job I've had for nearly 12 years now. Things are going in a direction that I don't like, so I have to get out of there soon. I feel that I may die if I continue on this path.

I would like to continue to get better at game development and perhaps start making money off of it. Also seems like a fleeting dream.

I will self-publish a book in the first half of this year. This will happen for sure.

I want to lose weight and keep it off. I'm getting too old to be struggling with weight gain.

I want to find a solution to my loneliness. I want to finally start to enjoy life.

Weird. I've been in my current job for nearly 12 years now as well. I'm pretty well jaded from job burnout, and I don't think I can endure another summer there. Anyway, it seems we're kind of in the same boat.

As for other plans, I've thought about starting a series of YouTube videos this year. I've had a channel for years, but never uploaded a video. If I do it'll be primarily gaming videos - some would be of DOS games from the 90s, and some would be of more recent titles. Might throw in some music-related stuff too. It wouldn't be strictly a gaming channel, should I go the active YT route.

Weird. I've been in my current job for nearly 12 years now as well. I'm pretty well jaded from job burnout, and I don't think I can endure another summer there. Anyway, it seems we're kind of in the same boat.

As for other plans, I've thought about starting a series of YouTube videos this year. I've had a channel for years, but never uploaded a video. If I do it'll be primarily gaming videos - some would be of DOS games from the 90s, and some would be of more recent titles. Might throw in some music-related stuff too. It wouldn't be strictly a gaming channel, should I go the active YT route.

You know, I'm thinking about doing some YouTube videos as well. I was going to just jump on and start reviewing albums and games, no structure or goals. I don't know if that's something I'm actually going to do or put any serious effort into, but I just thought maybe SOMEONE would care about my opinions about things.

Fascinating that we have similar situations all the way around.

I want to get a new job that I enjoy and that pays more. It seems like a fleeting dream at this point, but I'm hoping it can happen because I absolutely hate the job I've had for nearly 12 years now. Things are going in a direction that I don't like, so I have to get out of there soon. I feel that I may die if I continue on this path.

I would like to continue to get better at game development and perhaps start making money off of it. Also seems like a fleeting dream.

I will self-publish a book in the first half of this year. This will happen for sure.

I want to lose weight and keep it off. I'm getting too old to be struggling with weight gain.

I want to find a solution to my loneliness. I want to finally start to enjoy life.

psst: the solution is to come to terms with it and enjoy your own company first. this might seem trite, but if you put yourself in a place mentally where it doesn't bother you so much (which is hard, of course), it will benefit you not only in the sense of not feeling lonely all the time but also in that it tends to help open up more avenues to connect with others etc.

the thing you really, really want but can't seem to get always falls in your lap when you stop caring about wanting it so much.

good luck, bro.

this really broke my heart reading :(((

i hope this year is better for you and everybody else in this thread

ps im p drunk

so far my resolution has gone okay. ive brought cocaine today even though i didn't want to but at least it was cheaper than normal??? that's a victory??

loneliness sucks but at the same time it's okay to be lonely. being alone ain't always bad and sometimes even preferable

tho sometimes it sucks too

You know, I'm thinking about doing some YouTube videos as well. I was going to just jump on and start reviewing albums and games, no structure or goals. I don't know if that's something I'm actually going to do or put any serious effort into, but I just thought maybe SOMEONE would care about my opinions about things.

Fascinating that we have similar situations all the way around.

Yeah, you guys, upload some shit and post it! I'm sure you both have smartphones so with all the free software out there I doubt there's any really good excuses not to get started making videos.

psst: the solution is to come to terms with it and enjoy your own company first. this might seem trite, but if you put yourself in a place mentally where it doesn't bother you so much (which is hard, of course), it will benefit you not only in the sense of not feeling lonely all the time but also in that it tends to help open up more avenues to connect with others etc.

the thing you really, really want but can't seem to get always falls in your lap when you stop caring about wanting it so much.

good luck, bro.

I know what you're saying. The thing is that I've always enjoyed my own company. My entire life has been pretty solitary, and I've never really needed anyone else around in order to enjoy myself. All of the art that I make, all of the music I listen to, all of the games I play, they're all for my own solitary pleasure. However, for the past couple of years, I have started to feel an intense need to share myself with others. I really think the issue is that I don't have anyone to talk to about how I feel about anything. There are a lot of serious things that I have happened to me recently, and I just feel so alone in the world because there's no one I can turn to for help or just conversation. Sometimes it gets really difficult to come home to no one (other than my dog) or to even go to work and no one really cares about anything other than whether or not I can help them.

I've been spending a lot of time on various dating apps lately, not necessarily trying to find anything romantic, just someone to talk to. That hasn't gone very well for the most part. However, I've somehow ended up with an upcoming date with someone who is totally out of my league (I didn't contact her first...) and it's freaking me out to the point where I wish I hadn't even started doing this. I don't know what to do. I wonder if I really want human contact or not...

this really broke my heart reading :(((

i hope this year is better for you and everybody else in this thread

ps im p drunk

so far my resolution has gone okay. ive brought cocaine today even though i didn't want to but at least it was cheaper than normal??? that's a victory??

loneliness sucks but at the same time it's okay to be lonely. being alone ain't always bad and sometimes even preferable

tho sometimes it sucks too

Haha, I wasn't trying to break anyone's heart or say anything too emotional. Loneliness just seems to be one of the biggest things in my life right now, and I just feel the need to sort it out. To be clear, I do enjoy being alone, but at this point, I apparently have a lot bottled up inside that I would like to share with others.

Thanks for caring, everyone.

I'm going to guess that your loneliness is somewhat self-enforced (like mine). it's an inner battle between wanting company and not wanting to reach out for company which I am very familiar with. I don't have a perfect answer for this and I don't think anyone else does either tbh but if you want to connect with others you have to push for it yourself rather than just hoping something will happen. it's great that this date has happened though. play it easy, mane.

edit: and you do want it, btw. because humans are social animals, for better or worse. sometimes I wish we weren't but there's no use denying your nature.

there's phases, anyway, i have has solipsistic phases [probably more than usual] but right now, due to recent events, i am not so into it, which has led to some pretty pathetic seeming breakdowns lol

there's got to be a middle ground for everyone, however.

I'm going to guess that your loneliness is somewhat self-enforced (like mine). it's an inner battle between wanting company and not wanting to reach out for company which I am very familiar with. I don't have a perfect answer for this and I don't think anyone else does either tbh but if you want to connect with others you have to push for it yourself rather than just hoping something will happen. it's great that this date has happened though. play it easy, mane.

edit: and you do want it, btw. because humans are social animals, for better or worse. sometimes I wish we weren't but there's no use denying your nature.

Yes, you're right, and I guess I need to keep trying to connect with others in order to get out of this....

...But that date? Yeah, didn't happen. I tried to contact her twice during the week leading up to the weekend and  got no response. I don't know what the deal is, but I guess she just decided that it wasn't what she wanted to do. Maybe she's been busy? The past week was very busy for me, so I can understand that, but I am pretty disappointed about this outcome. I agonized over this thing all week long.... I am very inexperienced when it comes to this type of thing, so I don't know what else to do. I guess I'll just move on or something. Still disappointing, though :(

that's shit. I also dealt with similar disappointment this week when it looked like I might meet a new gal through a mutual friend and it didn't work out. meh. I don't have any answers really, but our dumb biology pushes us in a certain direction and it's painful to fight against it, so... idk. just keep trying for what you want.

you got any friends who introduce you to someone?

that's shit. I also dealt with similar disappointment this week when it looked like I might meet a new gal through a mutual friend and it didn't work out. meh. I don't have any answers really, but our dumb biology pushes us in a certain direction and it's painful to fight against it, so... idk. just keep trying for what you want.

you got any friends who introduce you to someone?

I'm sorry to hear about your similar disappointment. It sucks. There's no real answer to the situation, just try again, I guess, but that's something that I am not really inclined to do... I was actually excited (and scared and worried and regretful and....), but it ended up being much like all of the other "good" things that seem to escape me.

No, I don't really have any friends at all. I've actually asked a couple of people if they knew anyone I'd be compatible with, and they weren't very interested in helping. I think I need to stop thinking about this and just focus on "more important" things like getting a new job. That's also a very disappointing situation, but that seems to be easier to handle than meeting a nice girl or making a friend.

Archived