IGNORED

Smith Acids

msdos

Thanks! I'm getting there. Shooting to churn out three our four of these and maybe release them on vinyl. Though I doubt they would sell there is so much acid out there these days. 

Hey this is really nice.

I love the 303 lines you've made and it has a really nice emotional vibe.

Would definitely like to hear this in a longer form along with some more tracks.

There is a lot of acid out there but not all of it is good. A lot of lazy 303 programming.

Please continue this project and share it with us.

Thanks!

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.

On a side note, It’s interesting a lot of people moan about how difficult the 303 is to program but it’s honestly not thaat bad. What is difficult in particular with the 303 is to shit out melodies by means of thoughtless button jamming. In my opinion the 303 is best approached with some intent and a little structure / music theory.

Where I’ve found thoughtless button jamming works great: Mortal Kombat 3 and Soul Calibur.

Hey thanks!

I definitely agree with you. Its not a machine you can mash out melodies with. You have to very intently program it which has huge appeal to me. I find focusing closely on each element (note, time, accent, slide, etc..) tedious but rewarding.

This goes for many other vintage machines. They can be challenging but it is inspiring to program them and make them talk to each other.

Archived