IGNORED

Richard Devine - Sort​\​Lave

cear

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh, I don't recall ever hearing a Devine track I'd describe as melodic, and I'm pretty sure I have everything he's released.  But Dad IDM is hilarious.  I'm using that for my own electronic music from now on.  Better yet, Intelligent Dad Music.

Check out his Richard Coleman Devine ep on Schematic, very melodious and beautiful.  My favorite record of his.

+1

''all that modular and piano roll''

*inaccurately quotes shaun, delay time = 2 sec, feedback = forever, gain = at maximum*

jk, gimme some devine, pls!

Huh, I don't recall ever hearing a Devine track I'd describe as melodic

It slowly creeps in, but I think ends up being one of the most melodic things I've heard him do. Lovely track:

And of course there's this lovely ambient thing

oh and yeah. he loves to make you wait for the melodies but the payoff is there. his show at 2016 dfn after party was fucking bonkers good. i think they tried to kick him off early? he started to pack up and knocked one of his modules and burped and the crowd cheered so he just launched back into a mini set. 

oh fuck then he was 16 when sculpt came out. the track above is the reason why i cant enjoy his music its just sounds like an ongoing effect  but then there are moments like in this track  where this magic melody starts at 2:40 and i´m in love again. And yes he does let you wait ;)

oh fuck then he was 16 when sculpt came out. the track above is the reason why i cant enjoy his music its just sounds like an ongoing effect  but then there are moments like in this track  where this magic melody starts at 2:40 and i´m in love again. And yes he does let you wait ;)

Vintage Schematic right here.  Love the sounds that were produced on this label in the late 90s/early 00s.  

Seems like they are trying to return here with the recent Onsy and Hydroplane releases...

not into Richard devine at all but this track sounds so amazing that i will buy the LP make a good coffe and give it a proper listen.

two of my fav devine tracks

• 2 months later...

His track on the Touched Two compilation just popped up, and it's good. Reminded me that I'm looking forward to hearing what he's got in the way of an album. He should probably release like 5 albums, I'm sure he's got the material.

• 3 months later...

Archived