IGNORED

Richard Devine - Sort​\​Lave

cear

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Sounds alright. Hoping the longer tracks (release says 76 minute album, only 12 tracks) show him developing the songs a bit more maybe? 

“I wanted the record to sound very different to my previous works which had been more cold, digital, clinical even, and had all been made using computers. The aim here was the complete opposite, to create something that felt very organic, detailed, spacious, big and warm and just as importantly, a record that you could put on and play all the way through that flowed in a seamless way.”

This new approach was to prove fruitful and enabled Devine to create music in an entirely new way. “I really wanted to break free from timeline-based music creation and do things with my hands on the fly,” he explains. “So the tracks are more like captured snapshot performances where I could experiment and play around with the idea of probability-based sequencing for every patch, string multiple sequencers together that would feed other sequencers to come up with interesting rhythms and melodies. It was really fun coming up with new sounds this way too, I felt like I created several I haven't heard before with this album. Some of the tracks on the album were complete accidents and evolved from something that happened spontaneously.

The one track that's online is awesome, can't wait to hear more! Very intrinsic melodies. I want a 'how I did it' video, like with Datach'is Monarchs hehe

3LP in 5mm spined full artwork sleeve

Have we really reached the stage that the width of a record spine along with specifying the slipcase isn't blank is now a selling point ?! It's the return of Animated Menus & Chapter Selection being the extra features of a DVD ;)

Have we really reached the stage that the width of a record spine along with specifying the slipcase isn't blank is now a selling point ?! It's the return of Animated Menus & Chapter Selection being the extra features of a DVD ;)

he did seem very proud of the artwork when i talked to him about it a while back. i also swear he said they were doing like a clear vinyl or something which pushed it back to nov when he was hoping it might drop in sept

Definite vibes of Shapeshifter's Reticulum Flux cover art

MI0000486857.jpg

(still can't work out how come that insane album was the only thing Malcolm Goodman ever released?!)

They forgot "vinyl albums feature center drilled holes"

His IG page says that if you preorder the vinyl or CD through Bandcamp or the Planet Mu store then you're entered to win a Make Noise 0-Coast.

And "hand etched" run-out groove matrix numbers

And "hand etched" run-out groove matrix numbers

Stop giving The Vinyl Factory ideas for their £270 super-special-limited-edition opaque black double-sided vinyl based machine etched audio recordings with individually gummed-paper labelled sides

Archived