IGNORED

Cryptocurrency as the next significant stage for computing technology, not just an investment

andihow

The sooner we ship all the cryptobros and billionaires to mars and proceed to cut off all communication the better.

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

yeah, let Elon establish an off-world colony just for these people. the rest of us can continue struggling in the real world while they chew rations and finger each others' asses in VR on Mars. it'll be like a new Australia, they'll have their own screwy accent in 20 years' time. not that you'll hear much of it because their entire spoken vocabulary will be reduced to just yelling HODL at the top of their lungs at all hours, like a flock of brainfucked seagulls.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

sooooo Walmart is the next contestant entering into the metaverse:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/16/walmart-is-quietly-preparing-to-enter-the-metaverse.html

Walmart appears to be venturing into the metaverse with plans to create its own cryptocurrency and collection of non-fungible tokens, or NFTs.

Walmart NFTs lol

• Haha 1

Flol read your audience idiots

(I'm addressing the Walmart executives browsing watmm, not the lovely people above me)

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 1

yay, all aboard the money laundering train!! *honks the horn twice*

I feel like this is going to be an interesting decade. Because crypto will create a world without accountability.

Edited by cichlisuite

when you complain, what you choose to complain about in comparison to what you don't choose to complain about says something about your priorities and comprehension of the topic.  people complaining about crypto and its environmental effect yet not complaining about capitalism itself are liberals who are indeed part of the problem, scapegoating something that, if completely destroyed, stopped, and eradicated from earth, would do little to nothing to solve the actual climate crisis

Well even if this is my first response here, I knew that this minicrash that's happening right now on cryptos, was inevitable. I've a lot of friends that are on this but I prefered to wait. This could be provoked by some kind of geopolitical forces maybe, but the fact is that they're devaluating. The behaviour is unpredictable because is a new resource of speculation and investment (raised in 10 years old aprox.)

I will wait a bit until I start purchasing some cryptos. I need to say that I'm a big supporter of NFTs and art hybridizating blockchain, but somehow the scene needs to be more 'realistic' and eco-friendly, on some aspects this way of micro analysis and buying cryptos was converted to a bubble, impacting the enviroment just for mining a little more.

And as I say, as a free digital money is the best solution for the economy, but we need to make it sustanaible.

What are your thoughts?

Edited by Diurn
  • Burger 1

13 minutes ago, usagi said:

how?

I mean by free of competition on the crypto market, but seen as descentralized badge without state taxes, and this is important because is a global currency, as an oposition of traditional regional/local ones.

• Burger 1

39 minutes ago, Diurn said:

I mean by free of competition on the crypto market, but seen as descentralized badge without state taxes, and this is important because is a global currency, as an oposition of traditional regional/local ones.

just put the servers on mtn tops so they don't flood when all the ice in the world melts. 

also, embed some automated nuclear power plants and stuff.. this way when the fish people evolve they'll go right to crypto and skip this stupid paper money. 

• Like 1
  • Big Brain 1

21 hours ago, Diurn said:

tumblr_pyk2whHCCd1xwdfkho2_400.gifv

Edited by cichlisuite
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had a reply ready to go and then I didn't even bother. it's just the standard first line from crypto lemmings without any thought or follow-through.

• Thanks 1