IGNORED

Cryptocurrency as the next significant stage for computing technology, not just an investment

andihow

• 5 weeks later...

A massive sell-off in cryptocurrencies wiped over $200 billion of wealth from the market in just 24 hours, according to estimates from price-tracking website CoinMarketCap. The broad plunge in the crypto complex, driven by the collapse of the TerraUSD stablecoin, hit major tokens hard. Bitcoin plunged by as much as 10% in the last day to its lowest level since Dec. 2020, while Ethereum dropped as much as 16%.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-12/more-than-200-bilion-wiped-off-cryptocurrency-market-in-a-day

• Haha 2
  • Burger 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2022 at 4:19 PM, Nebraska said:

^^^ that seems to be somewhat prophetic. 

one guy was at his going away party for his old job, when he got the email to stay put. how humiliating to ask for your old job back. crypto is a snake oil ponzi scheme.

• Like 1

• Sens. Cynthia Lummis and Kirsten Gillibrand said Tuesday that they are ready to debut the first major attempt from Capitol Hill to create a regulatory framework for crypto.
  • The Lummis-Gillibrand bill, the product of months of Capitol Hill collaboration, amounts to a regulatory overhaul that would classify the vast majority of digital assets as commodities.
  • The Responsible Financial Innovation Act would empower the Commodity Futures Trading Commission to regulate most existing digital assets.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/07/bipartisan-crypto-bill-lummis-and-gillibrand-want-to-empower-cftc-treat-digitals-assets-like-commodities.html

i like how we've circled back to digital being regulated when the whole point of it existing was so that it couldn't be

So they've been startng up a new pizza place that I commute past a couple times a week, and the whole time I've been seeing the sign and thinking there's no way, they aren't actually doing what I think they're doing.  But they are, the web site is live now and it really is a CRYPTO THEMED PIZZA SHOP.

NGL I'll probably end up trying it out, because if the quality's OK the prices are actually pretty decent.  

EDIT: I also like that they changed the spellings of all the crypto slightly to, what, avoid being sued by rival crypto bros?  It gives the whole thing a kind of off-brand vibe that helps a little with the cringe factor.  Lytecoin and Eterium and Betcoin are like the Kennedy Fried Chicken versions of real cryptocoins.

Edited by TubularCorporation

46 minutes ago, TubularCorporation said:

EDIT: I also like that they changed the spellings of all the crypto slightly to, what, avoid being sued by rival crypto bros? 

Ah yes, crypto bros being reknowned for respecting copyright and IP's. It's slightly reminiscent of Crypto Island, if just a little bit (a lot) less cringe. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Elon Musk, SpaceX and Tesla Inc. were sued for $258 billion over claims they are part of a racketeering scheme to back the cryptocurrency Dogecoin.

Keith Johnson, “an American citizen who was defrauded out of money by defendants’ Dogecoin Crypto Pyramid Scheme,” sued Musk and his companies, claiming they constitute an illegal racketeering enterprise to inflate Dogecoin’s price.

“Defendants falsely and deceptively claim that Dogecoin is a legitimate investment when it has no value at all,” Johnson said in his complaint, filed Thursday in federal court in Manhattan.

Johnson is seeking to represent a class of people who have lost money trading in Dogecoin since April 2019. He is asking for $86 billion in damages, plus triple damages of $172 billion, as well as an order blocking Musk and the companies from promoting Dogecoin, and declaring that Dogecoin trading constitutes gambling under US and New York law.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/06/16/musk-tesla-spacex-are-sued-for-alleged-dogecoin-pyramid-scheme/

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1