IGNORED

Cryptocurrency as the next significant stage for computing technology, not just an investment

andihow

I've just my life savings into fupacoin. Am I doing this right?

also, by "suicide resources", I thought you first meant guides on how to commit suicide.

flol

That's also what I thought he meant. I still don't know what he actually meant.

I've just my life savings into fupacoin. Am I doing this right?

I'm putting mine into vaporcoin

EDIT: Didn't realise there actually was a vaporcoin - https://github.com/VKoskiv/VaporCoin

We were making jokes about cumcoin in chat at least a month ago and then also realised that there actually was a cumcoin

Can we just start our own currency or are they all taken?

Metacoin

Skullcoin

Cheesecoin

Literally everything already exists

*edit*

Biscuitcoin does not exist.

Use it.

Edited by fletcher

guise serious question. I’ve spent a few hours looking at a trading api and wondering if it’s worth building a bot which automatically generates money from people’s stupidity. Aka it just has to be smarter than the Average Amelie reading about the ‘coin & then dumping a 1000$ into it, can’t be that hard tbh :D

so here’s a basic site, it doesn’t do anything yet but it shows the last 500min of BTC/ETH and a few different moving averages. The idea is to keep the trading algo simple as fuck (simple programmering is good programmering) and see if I can get it to pay the rent.

https://172.104.243.137

Basically look at the graph.. if the algo would just buy/sell based on how the averages cross, it could win right? Then again I’m dumb and have no XP in this topic.

where is the flaw I see no flaw ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Guest

Can we just start our own currency or are they all taken?

Metacoin

Skullcoin

Cheesecoin

Literally everything already exists

*edit*

Biscuitcoin does not exist.

Use it.

iddemcoin, commonly called iddems.

"how many iddems you got bro"

"let's trade iddems"

"oh shit iddems have crashed"

"I lost all my iddems and I'm going to commit suicide using this guide posted on /r/iddems"

guise serious question. I’ve spent a few hours looking at a trading api and wondering if it’s worth building a bot which automatically generates money from people’s stupidity. Aka it just has to be smarter than the Average Amelie reading about the ‘coin & then dumping a 1000$ into it, can’t be that hard tbh :D

My cousin has dumped all her savings in Bitcoin.  She was saving to travel the world with her husband, they plan to go in April.  As far as I know she has made a fairly healthy % so far and has rode out a couple of the crashes. 

But basically she just googled make easy money and filled in some online forms and there you go, instant bitcoin genius.  Another reason why I left facebook - she kept bragging about it.

She won't be bragging if it crashes, but then thats the risk you take. And I won't get to see her facebook posts about it either way.

Therefore;

Bragcoin

Fuck, it exists already.

lol

can’t be that hard tbh :D

famous last words

you must backtest in sample and out of sample. don't forget to factor commission and slippage. if these concepts are new to you, you aren't too far from the average amelie. good luck

aye. before going straight for that exchange api I messed around with gekko bot a bit. But it’s shit, too basic, you can’t really program visualizations of what your bot would do etc.. but yea backtesting gonna happen as soon as I find some time to complete the bot architecture... but I’ve also read that backtesting can never be accurate, guess the inaccuracies are covered with “slippage”, but aye, need to have it show a healthy profit margin before putting anything into this absurd virtual dog race lel.

Also, most crucially, I don’t know anyone who actually took real $ money *out* of the system yet. what if you have say 50000$ inside there and then decide to withdraw that, does it actually work..? Especially in a moment when fucking *everyone* tries to do the same? Inevitably, this moment will come and lots of tears will be cried then....

so here’s a basic site, it doesn’t do anything yet but it shows the last 500min of BTC/ETH and a few different moving averages. The idea is to keep the trading algo simple as fuck (simple programmering is good programmering) and see if I can get it to pay the rent.

https://172.104.243.137

Basically look at the graph.. if the algo would just buy/sell based on how the averages cross, it could win right? Then again I’m dumb and have no XP in this topic.

Not clicking that link, but if you think building algo trading bots can ever be done simply think again.  Even "basic" arbitrage bots are not basic.  Have fun losing it all in flash crashes, feedback loops, manipulation by other algo traders who, if they know your algos, can make money off you trivially, things like this.  The area is emergent right now still so you may be able to make money, but that doesn't mean much - it's hard to lose money in this market.  Naive statistical methods do not make money

aye. before going straight for that exchange api I messed around with gekko bot a bit. But it’s shit, too basic, you can’t really program visualizations of what your bot would do etc.. but yea backtesting gonna happen as soon as I find some time to complete the bot architecture... but I’ve also read that backtesting can never be accurate, guess the inaccuracies are covered with “slippage”, but aye, need to have it show a healthy profit margin before putting anything into this absurd virtual dog race lel.

Also, most crucially, I don’t know anyone who actually took real $ money *out* of the system yet. what if you have say 50000$ inside there and then decide to withdraw that, does it actually work..? Especially in a moment when fucking *everyone* tries to do the same? Inevitably, this moment will come and lots of tears will be cried then....

>he thinks you can cash out

Anyway you can cash out, for instance on Coinbase but there are $5k daily limits or something, they can be raised though if you ask nicely.  If you're shady you may get your money frozen.  You should do it in small batches and only ever have small amounts of crypto or fiat in an exchange at once.  

Just keep it, the whole point is to stop depending on fiat

Also, to be clear here, the argument that "if everyone cashed out at the same time the system would crash and tons of people wouldn't get their money" applies to fractional reserve banking even moreso and this is one of the reasons people are switching to crypto.  But they're not switching as a temporary value holder before inevitably cashing out to fiat, they're switching out permanently.  I am at least..  I don't know how much cash Coinbase keeps but I don't care because I don't want shitcoins like USD.  And make no mistake, USD and all government issues fiat currencies are shitcoins by the high standards of judgement we traditionally apply to crypto

>Pre-mined

>Deflationary

>Monetary policy decided by a centralized group of authorities

>Counterfeitable

>Physically losable and rippable

>Unsanitary

>Wastes resources printing larges quantities of notes, and creating ink

The list goes on and on.  USD is officially a shitcoin, cryptos like this aren't touched with a ten foot pole by aware crypto investors.

Edited by Zeffolia