IGNORED

Various Artists - FOUND SOUND (Touched Music)

The New Press Release For FOUND SOUND.

I know that 2018 is already two weeks old but let me reassure you that we haven’t forgotten about you. If anything it’s quite the opposite and artists have been hard at work contributing some amazing work for your pleasure & the cause.

And they really are amazing. Just looking at the artist list on this compilation makes my mouth water. We have something for everything here and I very much doubt it will disappoint.

As always, Touched is a shining beacon in the dark and having being built, they are certainly coming. From long-standing heroes such as Plaid, Future Sound of London - FSOL and Steven Rutter B12, Touched Music staples exm, Murya, Keiss and Min-Y-Llan, everybody joins together in the same dancehall.

It’s great to see relative and absolute newcomers to the Touched roster here too. 'Ariandne’s Labyrinth' makes an appearance after the outstanding release on Touched in late 2017 (go get it if you haven’t already), and we even have a contribution from ‘Brainwaltzera’, who made it to Bleep.com’s top ten album list of 2017.

Veteran artists Digitonal and Proem join forces and pool resources to top it all off with ‘r84d’, a new collaboration project that really doesn’t disappoint.

Just because I haven’t mentioned everybody else here doesn’t make them any less awesome, all I can say is that every one of the thirty-one contributors are going to make you happy.

Even though the whole thing is a pleasure, there are some stand out pieces for me which I keep on going back to. It makes me happy that after an announced break in 2017 from releasing under the moniker Carbinax he throws something fantastic in my face with “Tiger By The Tail”. It’s full of elements that really define the growing popularity of electronica in the last 5 years and is a real treat.

Murya’s “Scientist” is an Icelandic fresh wind that knocks me sideways. I did not expect to be rocking back and forth to the sound of a table-tennis ball this week, but I am. “Origin Flows By FSOL” is a real Braindance track and could easily have lived on the original Rephlex compilation of the same name as could “Koch Islands” by ‘Ruxxpin’ that is going straight on repeat with its awesome harmony and cadences.

There’s a couple of pieces here that we’ve seen before on previous releases, both Touched and otherwise. Bauri’s “Hugs” sees its first ever CD and digital release after fourteen years having first appeared on the Expanding Records 7” ‘Have No Fear’, and it still sounds as fresh as ever.

Both “Relais a9i ii6” and “Reindeer” by exm and Plaid respectively appeared on Touched 3 but the former has been reworked for this compilation and the latter is something that is very dear to our hearts here at Touched so it warranted inclusion again.

It’s nice to know that in the digital age of music distribution that a CD compilation still has its place and this release admirably demonstrates that. It’s just designed for physical interaction with beautifully-designed artwork on both the large case and the two discs themselves.

As an afterthought, Andrew Course’s opener “Until Morning” makes the above list for a reason I didn’t really appreciate until I played the disc for the first time, rather than queuing up some files. Having inserted it into a player and walking away, I realised it couldn’t be more perfect for an opening piece if it tried.

It’s an introductory piece with such a pleasant rise that you have plenty of time to turn your back on the speakers and either sit down or go back to what you were doing, without getting a shock from things kicking off before you were ready for them. It’s a little thing, but something I just couldn’t have experienced with a digital release.

But even with just 100 copies available, the experience isn’t made any less special by supporting Touched Music with the digital release so go ahead and get your copy now!

https://touched.bandcamp.com/album/found-sound

Great album, proud to be involved. Get on it watmm, CD copies selling fast

Ah, you're Grid Pattern! Great job on the design! I'm quite happy to be a part of this comp too. :)

Well thank you. I must say I love Silktrops, one of my albums of the year. Just chair dancing to Flunky Discotech right now

Thank you too!

That r84d track is phenomenal to my ears. I really need to listen to more Digitonal

where are you hearing that

I did the sleeve so I’ve had a copy for while.

Pre Ordered, all the tracks so far sound well lush, stuck on the Murya one the most, gonna be a great listen when the fully released...

Another Gem from FOUND SOUND, Only 20 Copies Left & Its Being Released Tomorrow Night After the Mixlr Preview - http://mixlr.com/touched-music/ from 7.30

Grab a Copy Here - https://touched.bandcamp.com/album/found-sound

Details for the geek-inclined: E350 Morphing Terrarium scanned with a DIY LFO and fed through Clouds and scattered to varying degree. Braids provides extra FM blurps and chirps. Beats from Analog Rytm with samples and few additions from DAW. Pads and melody from the Analog Four. Sequenced, mixed and edited in Ableton which is controlled with the Livid Elements modular. Video recorded with Samsung Gear 360 and camera movement painstakingly edited afterwards. Funsies.

Another Gem from FOUND SOUND, Only 20 Copies Left & Its Being Released Tomorrow Night After the Mixlr Preview - http://mixlr.com/touched-music/ from 7.30 Grab a Copy Here - https://touched.bandcamp.com/album/found-soundhttps://youtu.be/r9MALM8LphcDetails for the geek-inclined: E350 Morphing Terrarium scanned with a DIY LFO and fed through Clouds and scattered to varying degree. Braids provides extra FM blurps and chirps. Beats from Analog Rytm with samples and few additions from DAW. Pads and melody from the Analog Four. Sequenced, mixed and edited in Ableton which is controlled with the Livid Elements modular. Video recorded with Samsung Gear 360 and camera movement painstakingly edited afterwards. Funsies.

Even though I understand .05% of this post I did enjoy it. And more importantly- Album preview tracks sound awesome. Are your plans to put this on Spotify/Apple Music? Just curious before I buy it twice.

The LFO Track is a Remix dating back to the year 2000 when Mark was working with the one and only Björk so lots of the sounds are from around that time and its an Unreleased Beauty

omg yes, can't wait to hear this one

Which makes me wonder! How did you get your hands on it?

edit: oh wait nvm, it was on a previous release... so it's not "unreleased" then  :wacko:

(sounds absolutely beautiful though)

Why do I remember this tune from waaay back in the day? -- like early 00s.  Didn't Yan G used to post around here or the Ninja forum?

Yan used to post here, yeah. Wonder why he stopped? =(

Ok, on my second listen all the way through this comp....

Probably, the best flowing "album" feel of all the touched music compilations.  New artists (to me) who I want to hear more from:

Andrew Course --- what a great opening track.  Grabbed his free ep, Phoenix Rising -- killer stuff.

Carbinax -- hits all my Orbital feels.

Murya - just a stunning track.  Got his album on Touched queued up.

sinQ - love the live instrumentation.

MyM - is this some FSOL offshoot?  Nothing else on Discogs for this artist and I want to hear more...

Highlights from the more established artists = Humanoid, Milieu, John Tejada, Karsten....and especially the new Steve Rutter track.  Space station techno of the highest order.  Just discovered he has a solo album coming out on Firescope soon.  

Too much good music out there!

Probably, the best flowing "album" feel of all the touched music compilations.  

Yeah, this. 

I think it's a great collection of tracks, I've discovered a lot of artists from these compilations.

Archived