IGNORED

Well Lush Things

flacid

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if afx reads through the youtube comments of some of his tracks like lichen, stone in focus, rhubarb, etc.  It's some of the deepest personal experiences listening to music that I've read about.  What it must feel like to be able to write a song that can connect to and overwhelm so many people.  To the point they have to express themselves on such a personal level in the public eye.  Relating these songs to times of life and death in their lives.  It's the epitome of music.

I wonder if afx reads through the youtube comments of some of his tracks like lichen, stone in focus, rhubarb, etc.  It's some of the deepest personal experiences listening to music that I've read about.  What it must feel like to be able to write a song that can connect to and overwhelm so many people.  To the point they have to express themselves on such a personal level in the public eye.  Relating these songs to times of life and death in their lives.  It's the epitome of music.

I know it's cliche as all hell, but Rhubarb resonates with me in a way that no other piece of music ever has.

I know it's cliche as all hell, but Rhubarb resonates with me in a way that no other piece of music ever has.

Same here, one of my desert island discs - there's a few songs I love that have a similar chord structure, timbre, notes, etc. that remind me of that track

Def a track I returned to later and found more emotional appeal to, wasn't always my favorite off SAWII, it used to be stone in focus, still a very deep track, but this one has a more bittersweet aura to it.

• 2 months later...

Going number 2 and taking a shower right after

I'm very worried about he decline of poop as a matter of serious discussion on this forum

having a poop in the shower

28c4993dc3f4fc1870ee6fc26491f6e6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

That comic although funny is another piece of desperate pro toilet propagander being published to scare people into using toilets and wasting more money.

Poos dissolve in warm water and easily break down quickly and disintegrate through any standard shower fitting . The toilet industry has had its time in the sun but the facts are coming out now ... don't be a follower , question everything , poo in the shower and save real cash in our domestic setting and help protect the environment against wasteful and un necessary practices #showerpoo

Hear hear! Don't be a sheep, shit in the shower. 

Are there no depths that these savages and primitives won't go? It's been scientifically proven that toilets are an unnecessary extravagance in 2018 but they just keep striking fear into the hearts of the uneducated.  :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

Synth line at 3:58

The whole tune is amazing, one of my very fave Analord one.

also,

it climaxes to an orgy scene with the entire city to the bass line/synth line pattern pointed out... well lush if you ask me (skip to 3:50 if you must)

Not so poop related but I guess this belongs here. Some of lushest use of afx in mixes by the courtesy of Luke Williams/Quinoline Yellow. Untitled and On (28 mix) flow so great together. From 13:00 --->

(totally unrelated to afx but check also the beginning of the mix....damn, the Autechre & Steve Reich mashup is really something)

• 4 weeks later...

the voice distortion on the nobukazu remix

yeah the conclusion of xmda 5a is glorious. One of the most epic/evil moments.  We should get a thread called richard evil moments.

ew this makes me sick. I feel lik we're rubbing dicks. it's too much of a personal experience to share it with so many strangers

I want rhubarb exclusivity

Archived