IGNORED

Venetian Snares - She Began To Cry Tears Of Blood Which Became Little Brick Houses When They hit The Ground

pizza

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, so that means Eric And Kitty Both Die Within A Month Of Each Other, Red Stares At The Coffee Table is about That 70's Show. Okay, weird.

Also I've listened to like three tracks so far and this music isn't good/not for me/I don't really like any VSnares anyway/meh.

Modular will be a stain on this era of music for the most part. Sorry, but it's true. Most of it is trash.

Also I've listened to like three tracks so far and this music isn't good/not for me/I don't really like any VSnares anyway/meh.

Modular will be a stain on this era of music for the most part. Sorry, but it's true. Most of it is trash.

w/r/t modular, agree.

This is not good snares. This is the sound of an artist firmly in their comfortable aesthetic place and not in a good way.

I'm pretty biased though as I'm a staunch pre-2005 fan and consider HCCBU/Rossz to be the beginning of him turning to meh.

Do you guys hear specific modules or something? Curious about the assumption that its modular because I think I hear plenty of DSP.

Do you guys hear specific modules or something? Curious about the assumption that its modular because I think I hear plenty of DSP.

saw it live in 2015 or 2016 on his modular rig

I think it was 2016 actually. getting my shit mixed up.

w/r/t modular, agree.

This is not good snares. This is the sound of an artist firmly in their comfortable aesthetic place and not in a good way.

I'm pretty biased though as I'm a staunch pre-2005 fan and consider HCCBU/Rossz to be the beginning of him turning to meh.

i would agree with that but the newer stuff is still more exciting than most electronic music out atm

these track titles are like the edgy-goth-teen version of flashbulb tracks.

I don't think there's a contrived edginess here, I just think this motherfucker is legitimately crazy. Or he scribbled all of this down during an ayahuasca trip in the Peruvian forests.

It's literally tagged modular on Bandcamp. (oops just saw that you mentioned that as well!)

Also tagged sound poetry...

Edgy goth teen sound poetry.

ALSO so I don't sound like a total jerk those reverb comments from the first page were definitely right, verby pings were a nice contrast/combo with the other aspects of the tunes.

It's much less an issue of the tools being used as it is the composition itself. Traditional Synthesizer Music appears to have used the same shit and is tagged in a similar fashion but sounds completely different (and in my opinion at least, way more enjoyable).

Definitely has a more homogenous sound to it. I can see how if it was your thing though you could love it. I'll give it a few more listens, I've had some music grow on me which I never suspected would. I doubt this will, but I should probably ease up on the instantaneous criticism on this one. I also like the fact that he gives us different looks, they last three albums he released sound completely different. 

I don't think there's a contrived edginess here, I just think this motherfucker is legitimately crazy. Or he scribbled all of this down during an ayahuasca trip in the Peruvian forests.

Or it's tongue in cheek as he doesn't really take himself too seriously. That's the joke.

I'm always down for some Vsnares material.

I think this is mixed really well. Given that "Winter in the Belly of a Snake" is one of my favorite albums of his, I'm enjoying this giving me those same feelings.

What is it with you guys?

You want more fkin amen break with reese and gabber again???the same old shit again and again??

Modular is rad,it has a crazy mad scientist sound to it.

This is rad.

Modular breakcore is the future.

i could only make it through 6 tracks, but I could hear lots of make noise erbe-verb and mutable instruments braids (in meta mode)

e: those are both dsp modules, too

What is it with you guys?

You want more fkin amen break with reese and gabber again???the same old shit again and again??

Modular is rad,it has a crazy mad scientist sound to it.

This is rad.

Modular breakcore is the future.

precisely. He's not stood still, constantly trying out new things.

From Cubist Reggae onwards he has been on a huge exploratory journey. Firstly with dabbling his toes in the water of collaboration (speed dealer moms and then the recent Canadian guitar guy sorry can't remember his name) but then also turning from software to hardware which must be a massive leap for someone with a mind like Aarons.

When he released My So Called Life, some fans moaned it sounded like the old breakcore fun tunes and he was lambasted for not progressing anywhere.

Haters gonna hate

Archived