IGNORED

Venetian Snares - She Began To Cry Tears Of Blood Which Became Little Brick Houses When They hit The Ground

pizza

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes needed some new Snares madness in my life!

I tend to love Snares more cohesive albums so while I appreciate where the "it all sounds the same" comments are coming from I personally think of it as glitchcore odyssey in 12 parts!

Only had a few plays though so far but think this beast will open up more on repeat listens.. so time will tell how much I really like this but so far very much enjoying it!

Somebody take his modular away pls

not again 

lol

not crazy about it on first listen but didn't have my full attention on it, I did like "Someone Painted A Giant Paperclip..." and "Crazy Painted On Eyebrows" at least.

Also I've listened to like three tracks so far and this music isn't good/not for me/I don't really like any VSnares anyway/meh.

Modular will be a stain on this era of music for the most part. Sorry, but it's true. Most of it is trash.

w/r/t modular, agree.

This is not good snares. This is the sound of an artist firmly in their comfortable aesthetic place and not in a good way.

I'm pretty biased though as I'm a staunch pre-2005 fan and consider HCCBU/Rossz to be the beginning of him turning to meh.

Pretty much my sentiment. Maybe someone should check on Aaron to see if he can still breathe with his head so far up his own arse?

Not feeling it, actually getting Xanopticon vibes, a relentless onslaught with very little clarity to the track composition. Lack of variation in an album really annoys me, if after listening to an album, say 30 times, and I still can't differentiate one track from another, that's the worst for me. Venetian Snares is my favourite artist but I care less about his new releases as time goes on. Fool The Detector was the last astounding thing he's done, for me. I miss the ..cerebral lived-in decrepit quality to his early stuff like Winter In The Belly of A Snake, and i love Cavalcade and Huge Chrome too but his use of sampling like in Contain from Meathole or the dark ambience of Gottrahmen from Winter..there's more imagination and flavour to it.

Not feeling it, actually getting Xanopticon vibes, a relentless onslaught with very little clarity to the track composition. Lack of variation in an album really annoys me, if after listening to an album, say 30 times, and I still can't differentiate one track from another, that's the worst for me. Venetian Snares is my favourite artist but I care less about his new releases as time goes on. Fool The Detector was the last astounding thing he's done, for me. I miss the ..cerebral lived-in decrepit quality to his early stuff like Winter In The Belly of A Snake, and i love Cavalcade and Huge Chrome too but his use of sampling like in Contain from Meathole or the dark ambience of Gottrahmen from Winter..there's more imagination and flavour to it.

100% agreed

Agreed on the similarity in the sonic palette across this album, but there is variety if you are willing to dig deep.

A couple of the tracks are slower jams reminiscent of Last Step territory.

Album works really well played on shuffle due to its sameyness

Yeah it takes a few listens but despite the constant vibe throughout there is more variation between tracks than there seems at 1st

Personally am loving this and enjoying it more and more on repeat listens!

I'm hungover and stupid. How do you unzip the file from BC, I'm getting errors on all but 2 tracks because the filepaths are too long (insane track titles).

help stupid steve figure out pls

Can't rename them in the zip file, can't extract them to rename them. 

They won't unzip and rewrite to a new folder due to the track titles being too long. That's what I'm saying. =/

Archived