IGNORED

Venetian Snares - She Began To Cry Tears Of Blood Which Became Little Brick Houses When They hit The Ground

pizza

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He Had a Bunch Of Very Samey Tracks That Mike P Vetoed For The Last Mu Album And Decided To Dump Them On Bandcamp

flol

I'm a VSnares superfan and would probably call him my favourite artist of all time, but just not feeling this album (mostly due to everything mentioned above)

• 1 month later...

Have been listening to this over the last few days, and I really like it. Kinda different from Traditional Synthesizer Music in every way: discordant, no obvious (if any) melodies and no easy beat to follow, just flurries of hits you can't keep up with. Reminds me of Datach'i's The Elements or Shock Diamonds in places.

If this is where Vsnares' modular stuff is going in the future, I'm looking forward to more.

Thing is, I can keep up with it. It's just really, really really really, dull.

It's like breakcore has reached its serialism phase. And I like some serialism, but this is like the very worst examples of that era. Where technique and theory had become so bloated the end result was a generic, devoid-of-ideas mush.

Hopefully this album was just Snares gushing over his new equipment. I cannot find a lot of longevity in this album but I do enjoy the sounds. Hopefully the next album will expand upon this and see the return of semi-structured tracks.

Breakcore isn't dead - Ruby my Dear just proved that.

• 1 month later...

album is fine. And he isn't going to sound like this forever

I think I said it before but snares is aware he's post-youtube idm and all this shit is gonna end up somewhere anyway and maybe he just wanted to put up some songs. I don't think snares fans are the BUY EVERYTHING'S HE DONE type

like the logic 'paradinas rejected album, aaron sobs and puts it up on bandcamp' is flawed. It was probably meant to be the non planet mu kvlt album. Something he would've put on one of those other labels back in the day, the one where the owner LITERALLY DIED

Sublight I think

Edit: DJ Saint-Hubert secretly on all the labels, not really

Edit: if anyone ever wants to recommend a label though, thanks

• 1 month later...

i still am gonna listen to this album a bit more before i think too too much but

1) some of the 'same ness' people are picking up on but might be related to a focus on creating consistency at most dynamic and most 'background' parts of any beat - like you get in a shackleton album for instance, for consistency/intensity in a loud environment. like its a more luxurious version of some of huge chrome box, esp at loud/live volume

3) i like huge chrome peach box album a lot so for me this is a very welcome next step, very fun, also like a more dynamic winnipeg album in some ways too

gonna listen more in coming weeks though!

Aaron?

I like this album. I would describe it as coherent rather than samey. The sound is drier, more abstract and less spectacular than that of other Snares albums which makes it less memorable. The rhythms are very detailed and varied, as usual. All in all a very solid thing

I like this album. I would describe it as coherent rather than samey. The sound is drier, more abstract and less spectacular than that of other Snares albums which makes it less memorable. The rhythms are very detailed and varied, as usual. All in all a very solid thing

maybe I'm just weird but if you focus on the actual patterns and forget the sound palette is a little homogenous and not much in the way of strong melodies it isn't really that far from other things he's done. Like he was always doing crap like that Make Ronnie Rocket track, semblance of melody was kind of an illusion and it was mostly built around that UAUUHH UAUUHH sample from who knows what kinda industral gabba tekno track. The track still /changes/ just not in an easy way to hang on to like verses and choruses and melodies etc. etc.

maybe I'm just weird but if you focus on the actual patterns and forget the sound palette is a little homogenous and not much in the way of strong melodies it isn't really that far from other things he's done. Like he was always doing crap like that Make Ronnie Rocket track, semblance of melody was kind of an illusion and it was mostly built around that UAUUHH UAUUHH sample from who knows what kinda industral gabba tekno track. The track still /changes/ just not in an easy way to hang on to like verses and choruses and melodies etc. etc.

Yes, it sounds very much like some stuff he has made in the past, new is that he focuses entirely on this drier more abstract side of his music and exploits it in all possible ways. I enjoy that. Also, there definitely are melodies, they are less memorable/catchy and more quiet than on some other releases but not missing. I don't understand the hate on this album

Yes, it sounds very much like some stuff he has made in the past, new is that he focuses entirely on this drier more abstract side of his music and exploits it in all possible ways. I enjoy that. Also, there definitely are melodies, they are less memorable/catchy and more quiet than on some other releases but not missing. I don't understand the hate on this album

autistic people with enhanced pattern recognition dissing on good ass patterns

Sounds like a selection of randomised modular units running at high speed with little thought put into the rythms, textures or melodies to me, but I'm a grumpy old fart. Yay.

Archived