IGNORED

Will BOC Release A New Album?

fumi

Dude, fuck you guys. BoC get better as they go along. "Tomorrow's Harvest" was great. You all have just too many expectations, and you wanted them to stroke your "Music has the Right to Children" cock, but that's not where they are anymore. Geezus fucking Krist, why is this a discussion? There are no real deep insights here, only vague gestures toward feelings and what you wanted out of the album and disappointment with the hype (which was just FUN, what the fuck is wrong with that, now?!) and it's SO TIRESOME. How about this? How about you do something? How about you just put things in their proper place? It's music. It's actually good music. It's actually really good music. I check up here every once and a while because I'm hoping to hear about some news, and this forum usually delivers, but so help me is this place becomes another Twoism.org. Get a grip, mutherfuckers. It's not like Boards of Canada did a fucking cheesy, lame 180 and wrote songs about "slo-mo on the dildo.." or whatever FSOL did around 2002. Their music always holds up. "Oh, I didn't like the vocals in that WHY? remix, or that Sexual Objects remix." Fuck off. Get a life. Goddammit. You guys are better than this. 

so you think everyone should just suck their magic cocks 24/7?

like BoC magic cocksucking droids?

(actually reading your post a second time I'm sensing you might be taking the piss, hmmm not sure)

Edited by beerwolf

Are you drunk? Why so aggro? =(

(TH is a 8/10 for me. It's a fucking brilliant album.)

8/10 is fucking brilliant!? What is 7/10? Just brilliant in an average kind of way? And 9/10 some undefined step above fucking brilliant? Whaaaaat

7/10 is just brilliant, no "fucking". 8/10 is "fucking brilliant +", and 10/10 is "Das Sploojen".

9/10 = ?

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

I still don't rate TH even almost five years after its release. For me, it's the weakest thing in their catalogue. Too much filler and treading water. There are a few good moments but they phoned that one in, IMO. It doesn't help that their sound has been endlessly copied so many other artists (to greater or lesser degrees) that TH sounded like a pastiche, a tribute album.

True story: I preordered the CD, but a few days before I could officially download it, it appeared on a blog site so I downloaded it. I was actually convinced I was listening to a fan-made fake, like what people did whenever Autechre released an album. I thought "nice try guys, but there's no way BoC would do this after 8 fucking years." And then I read everyone gushing about it and it felt like Trump winning.  

jep lol

Dude, fuck you guys. BoC get better as they go along. "Tomorrow's Harvest" was great. You all have just too many expectations, and you wanted them to stroke your "Music has the Right to Children" cock, but that's not where they are anymore. Geezus fucking Krist, why is this a discussion? There are no real deep insights here, only vague gestures toward feelings and what you wanted out of the album and disappointment with the hype (which was just FUN, what the fuck is wrong with that, now?!) and it's SO TIRESOME. How about this? How about you do something? How about you just put things in their proper place? It's music. It's actually good music. It's actually really good music. I check up here every once and a while because I'm hoping to hear about some news, and this forum usually delivers, but so help me is this place becomes another Twoism.org. Get a grip, mutherfuckers. It's not like Boards of Canada did a fucking cheesy, lame 180 and wrote songs about "slo-mo on the dildo.." or whatever FSOL did around 2002. Their music always holds up. "Oh, I didn't like the vocals in that WHY? remix, or that Sexual Objects remix." Fuck off. Get a life. Goddammit. You guys are better than this. 

HoYp1cA.gif

I said it for TH, i'll say it again: fans likely build up such expectations that nothing on earth could meet them. Wouldn't be surprised if the next one was all psych rock

However BOC is the closest thing i have to religion so i will be blindly ecstatic come what may

lol

I said it for TH, i'll say it again: fans likely build up such expectations that nothing on earth could meet them. Wouldn't be surprised if the next one was all psych rock

However BOC is the closest thing i have to religion so i will be blindly ecstatic come what may

Boards going psych rock is pretty lol

Ever think abt what a BoC warbly SH-101 synth pad in '18 would sound like? cant even process where The Brothers would be, like trying to imagine a color that doesn't exist.

I think they've moved past that - not in the sense of never using warbly synths of any sort again, but you can hear the evolution in their music - TH continued that evolution, and I am sure the stuff they've worked on since 2013 is far evolved beyond that.

I don't think we'll get another MHTRTC in terms of style and themes.

I hope not. I for one, love their progression. I absolutely love TH too. Watching an artist progress the way they want and doing so naturally vs having to deliver what a label wants is one of the best things in music. True artists, such as themselves, would not want to tread water or go backwards or repeat. Bring on the new shit!

Edited by jules

Ever think abt what a BoC warbly SH-101 synth pad in '18 would sound like? cant even process where The Brothers would be, like trying to imagine a color that doesn't exist.

I think they've moved past that - not in the sense of never using warbly synths of any sort again, but you can hear the evolution in their music - TH continued that evolution, and I am sure the stuff they've worked on since 2013 is far evolved beyond that.

I don't think we'll get another MHTRTC in terms of style and themes.

Maybe we'll get songs with H notes in them...