IGNORED

Will BOC Release A New Album?

fumi

I'd say TH goes from being sinister to hopeful

- humans are gone, all thats left is the ghosts of our signals... nature returns. Not dark as such ... Reach for the Dead video sums up the vibes for me

Geogaddi seems more about the inner soul... mans own nature wrestling with itself.. so darker...in the way we spend 2,000,000 years in nature only to develop a crazy anti-nature controlling pyche

or soemthing

Guest transmisiones ferox

Everyone references TH like it's some dark ambient masterpiece . I find Geogaddi darker than TH - is that weird

Oddly enuff, I get total summery vibes from both albums.

But when it comes down to it... TH is darker, Geo is creepier.

was released in summer. sure it has summer vibes. for many it was first time listen

Guest Chesney

It's actually a really amazing deep album, it's just more on the optimistic side that's all. Great album, dive in man and really listen, don't just let it wash over you while you do the dishes.

I was majorly bummed when TCH first came out because I was on the back of Geogaddi, Untilted, Analord , Sheath etc and was wanting BOC to push me further out than Geogaddi and when I first put it on I just thought it sounded brilliant , super polished , lush , but in no way edgy or subversive I felt let down by that. A song like peacock tail is obviously a masterpiece , but I have absolutely no desire to listen to it. Maybe if I put it on again I'll have a different experience but it's just too easy listening for me

TCH has some dark, melancholic moments - you need to re listen!

For years I never really liked TCH much either, but there are tunes on there (if given enough time and patience) can vaporise your mind harder and faster than a Raygun hovering at point blank range from your earhole. Squeeze the trigger and see your brains explode into Hexagon Sun induced joyful mess.

Pretty sure if your gonna be hardnosed with the sound as I was, you need to persevere as the best tracks are on the latter half. Now I love both halves.

One thing is true about Tomorrows Harvest, (which is peculiar) is it's the only album of theirs I instantly got into and no matter how many times I play it I kind just hear the same album I did the first few times I heard it. There is no slow burn secrets being revealed to me on the same level as their other albums. 

Whereas once-upon-a-time when I first started to get into them coming from a metal/alternative/punk background where your favourite bands are your literal brothers in arms (going to war with each other lol), I thought BoC were stuck-up and pretentious in the way they seemed to ignore their fanbase, just to me that was a mildly disrespectful wrong way to go about things. Now I have huge admiration in the way.......anyway, lets just say I'm looking forward to the new album and we'll leave it there before the beer really starts talking : )

Edited by beerwolf

It's actually a really amazing deep album, it's just more on the optimistic side that's all. Great album, dive in man and really listen, don't just let it wash over you while you do the dishes.

I'd say it's a more realistic album in that it's totally made up fantasy that was/is real life (nuclear holocaust always on the horizon) but not all dark or all bright just sort of, trying to deal with reality and there's lots of both sides. It does work in the background when doing dishes of course (one of the reasons it's great is that it works in the background or the foreground) but definitely holds a lot of depth when really listening and taking it in.

If it was by anyone else very few people would care

Yeah and no. It's the least "distinct" album of their discography. I think TCH, coupled with early 00s 'folktronica' planted the seed for chillwave, glo-fi, etc. and a lot of beat scene music - Tycho, Lone, Bonobo, Daedelus, anything off Leaving Records, etc.

"84 Pontiac Dream" is a perfect example, previewed all of the nostalgia / retro minded music of the last 10 years - synthwave, vaporwave, etc. artists like VHS Head and Com Truise.

oh I meant TH

nothing is real, new seeds and transmisiones ferox are along my most heard boc since release.. but perhaps you're right, the whole album as a whole is a bit weak comparably

there's some good tracks on tomorrow's harvest. come to dust, jacquard causeway, palace posy, nothing is real. those are up there with the best boc tracks.

the next one will hand out some sweet new parameters

OPN done upped the game considerably for pseudo-intellectual pre-album hype that I'm not sure how BOC are going to compete with. TH's pre-release was fun and all but OPN/Warp truly setting new standards that will be hard to top with these tarot cards being peddled. Truly next level hype. Plus, Sophie like showed her tits didn't she? How the fuck a couple Canadian bros supposed to compete with tits.

OPN done upped the game considerably for pseudo-intellectual pre-album hype that I'm not sure how BOC are going to compete with. TH's pre-release was fun and all but OPN/Warp truly setting new standards that will be hard to top with these tarot cards being peddled. Truly next level hype. Plus, Sophie like showed her tits didn't she? How the fuck a couple Canadian bros supposed to compete with tits.

How is anyone?

How is anyone?

dickpics

How is anyone?

what tits ? she is a he.