IGNORED

Will BOC Release A New Album?

fumi

1 hour ago, manmower said:

mdg's last post.

that thread is pretty excellent, some very funny posts

the whole 'oooh we are ninja's in the mountains with our secret weapon' ?

it's getting old and it's time for a ruck!!!

do you remember the era before TH? Holy fuck there was proper rebellion in the air. Hmmm I smell a similar thick musky scent of anarchy in the air right now :diablo:

the tide of war has risen and turned inland, hold aloft your weapon!!

?

Edited by beer badger
  • Burger 2

and by the way mdg is never gonna post on here ever again!!!

he's never coming back!!!

this is like a pigsty but the beasts are like giant, war clad, warthogs!!

whereas over on twoism they will gently suckle his teat with glee with whatever he says

different beasts over here mate

• Haha 1

imo artists have no obligation to release stuff at all, let alone on some kind of timeline coinciding with the music industry or what they "owe" to the fans. boc have released several very complex, deep records over a couple of decades. that's cool. actually it's way cooler than the vast majority of output in the electronic music world with artists putting out "new" shit on a regular basis, touring, etc.

we know literally nothing about what they're up to. who cares? just take what you can get and appreciate the incredible shit they have put out. they don't owe anything to the fans lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

I've heard the 'they don't owe us anything' diatribe so many times, yeah I got it. Instead of counting sheep when I can't sleep I instead reiterate the line 'BOC don't owe us anything' a few times and I'm soon in the deep land of nod

It's good just to just like to stir the pot a little, dressed up as the Devils Advocate, just a bit of entertainment

It creates a little spark of energy on the otherwise limp, dead and lifeless swamp of the BOC forum

Edited by beer badger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alcofribas said:

imo artists have no obligation to release stuff at all, let alone on some kind of timeline coinciding with the music industry or what they "owe" to the fans. boc have released several very complex, deep records over a couple of decades. that's cool. actually it's way cooler than the vast majority of output in the electronic music world with artists putting out "new" shit on a regular basis, touring, etc.

we know literally nothing about what they're up to. who cares? just take what you can get and appreciate the incredible shit they have put out. they don't owe anything to the fans lol

Completely wrong. As we all know music and art in general is nothing but a service industry and should please paying customers

9 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

Completely wrong. As we all know music and art in general is nothing but a service industry and should please paying customers

touché

51 minutes ago, beer badger said:

I've heard the 'they don't owe us anything' diatribe so many times, yeah I got it. Instead of counting sheep when I can't sleep I instead reiterate the line 'BOC don't owe us anything' a few times and I'm soon in the deep land of nod

It's good just to just like to stir the pot a little, dressed up as the Devils Advocate, just a bit of entertainment

It creates a little spark of energy on the otherwise limp, dead and lifeless swamp of the BOC forum

I’m glad we’re classifying 5 sentences on a music message board a “diatribe”

• Burger 1

4 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

touché

I’m glad we’re classifying 5 sentences on a music message board a “diatribe”

shouldn't you be reviewing the '16/'18 AE live sets, wtf are you doing in the BoC subforum. get back to work.

• Like 2

Oof, who cares? I mean, I think about that skeleton on the park bench waiting, or the fans who actually died of cancer and car wrecks and stray bullets from nearby gang conflicts, and I feel sorry that they died hoping for a New BOC, but then again, I also think about how in their final moments, they probably weren't rueing the lack of more BOC material; they were probably thinking about how much it hurts or the blood or the shit in their beds or whatever. And really, would I prefer a world where one of my favorite bands didn't overstay their welcome by releasing every little doodle they made like "A Tome of All Tones" or "The Boards Are BACK!" or whatever--fuck no. Maybe it's just my arbitrary psychological constitution and there aren't any objective facts about what's better or worse, but I prefer looking forward to the greatness that might be coming than regret the latest "track 19 featurin' Gizz-Loah". 

Also, I got too much shit to do to worry about this. Again, not speaking objectively or whatever, not trying to say that there's something wrong with people who are pining for more of them boards. I'm just talking through what I've had to think about in order to move on from my own obsession with these artists. At the end of it all, I'm just grateful that I've got a cool collection of records and CDs and posters from these guys with their aesthetic and mission-statements, and there's not a moment that I'm embarrassed about in sharing it with friends--it's all killer, and that's cool quality-control that I didn't get from some of my favorite artists from back in the day. 

Edited by apriorion
  • Thanks 1

Wow. MDG responded to me with chart placements, like my ears lied to me or something. 7 years later, this is quite the Easter egg.

The thing is, I really think they lost a creative step or three during that hiatus, so I can see why they rely on peddling mythology and stories of traveling the globe to find one synth that has 2 seconds on the album. Like... okay. Sounds fun for you guys. Clearly we are not owed any of that enjoyment because we are not worthy.

But hey, we’re all different people every few years. I really think they lost interest in making music for wide release years before TH came out. 

5 hours ago, manmower said:

mdg's last post.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Candiru said:

But hey, we’re all different people every few years. I really think they lost interest in making music for wide release years before TH came out. 

we'll know someday 4sure, until then there is plenty of other gr9 music out there :)

There's NO way they've been living off their riches from making music all these years.  Aphex is probably the only one in the iddems camp who could have gotten away with that for more than a couple.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

They probably work for a law firm now, doing commercial litigation. Their coworkers probably think they made all their music in GarageBand. 

• Haha 1

I’m entirely perplexed by people speculating about their creative developments or lifestyle. Talking completely out of your ass about the life and work of people without any information whatsoever is some epic boc fan shit

Edited by Alcofribas
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

I’m entirely perplexed by people speculating about their creative developments or lifestyle. Talking completely out of your ass about the life and work of people without any information whatsoever is some epic boc fan shit

the family stuff is the only thing we know, from interviews and from mdg.. 

the rest is speculation based on facts we have :boc:

Maybe they kept releasing music under a different name but none of us noticed yet? Just to get rid of these pesky BOC fanboys, you know, building a new, better fanbase somewhere else? Maybe they even changed their style as to not get recognised

Just now, darreichungsform said:

Maybe they kept releasing music under a different name but none of us noticed yet? Just to get rid of these pesky BOC fanboys, you know, building a new, better fanbase somewhere else? Maybe they even changed their style as to not get recognised

you severely underestimate the weaponized fanboyism of twoism

• Like 1