Will BOC Release A New Album?

fumi

I remember when I first heard the MBM remix and the "Dirty Great Mable" remix (I found them around the same time, so they're linked in my mind), my obsession over these guys was permanently sealed. I loved their weird warbly take on these things, with tons of little details in there. So rich. 

https://youtu.be/bqRkUtlfLF4

Like the obvious thing in that "Dirty Great Mable" remix is that some of those voices sound just like the voices in their Peel Session version of "Olson". 

On 2/1/2021 at 9:22 PM, Alcofribas said:

boc remixing "prime audio soup:"

Best remix I ever got done by anyone.

reminds of, as wikipedia puts it: "In 2004, Boom Bip released a compilation album, Corymb, which included remixes by Boards of Canada, Venetian Snares, Clouddead, Lali Puna, Four Tet, and Mogwai, B-side tracks, and tracks from Peel Session."

can we get someone like Jack Ryan to break into the compound and force them to make new music? like he could physically push Marcus's fingers down on the SH-101 until the appropriate synth runs are produced. Mike could add a beat, and then wham! - mission accomplished

But their place and studio is in Pentland Hills right? Why can't any nice Scottish lad just search for it. Knock at the door and just ask gently "Hello when is the new release coming?" 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2021 at 11:46 PM, brian trageskin said:

pXG9h1K.png

I think this is one of my favourite posts of all time. I’m sure if ‘The Brothers’ could see it they would lol as well 😃

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A former school friend lives up near Berwick in the Scottish borders.  He is adamant that he has met one of the brothers as part of a hiking and twitching social group.  He's not a BoC or electronic music fan and only realised when a friend pointed out to him.  He can't remember which one it was, he seemed to think he was called Andy for some reason.  You can believe this if you want, but he's not one to make stuff up, he's a GP and quite a serious person.  Anyway, I mention this as it's perfectly possible that they just have different interests and priorities beyond music these days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Farnsworth 1

15 minutes ago, kakapo said:

A former school friend lives up near Berwick in the Scottish borders.  He is adamant that he has met one of the brothers as part of a hiking and twitching social group.  He's not a BoC or electronic music fan and only realised when a friend pointed out to him.  He can't remember which one it was, he seemed to think he was called Andy for some reason.  You can believe this if you want, but he's not one to make stuff up, he's a GP and quite a serious person.  Anyway, I mention this as it's perfectly possible that they just have different interests and priorities beyond music these days.

No truer words were ever spoken (bolded)

Obviously it’s  their hobby not their day job. Which is a double edged sword. Bad because releases are limited but good because what they do release is honed to hexagon sun perfection. Simples!

I think it’s not healthy to believe in the long years  in between releases they are  communicating via some some BoC encrypted code. Mathematical psychosis. I know a lot of times there seems quite genuine posts from perhaps people who are close to them who say please forget about this. But they don’t.

Maybe it’s like when I was younger I was totally obsessed with ghosts. Im sure I saw one when I was 17 in a church yard in rural Wales. Now I’m older,  I’m sure it was me playing mind game tricks with myself. I just wanted it to be real. 

Bit of a mild drunk ramble there. Goodnight.

• Like 1

(But they don’t = twoism) ^^^

I think Mike and Marcus will finish with BOC once their contract is over. Which might be a good thing. Would be interesting to hear them create music from other genres and free from the BOC concept/vision that they are currently loyal to. Once the Warp contract has been fulfilled they’ll probably be much more chill with sharing their music.

That’s another mild drunk Sunday ramble 😌

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

I had a pretty vivid dream last night that a new BoC album came out, totally under the radar and was hyped only by late night public TV informercials. It wasn't space themed, the sound landed somewhere in between TCH and Geogaddi. Weird and ethereal. I listened to it the whole way through. Of course this morning I couldn't recall a single tune, but I know the dream happened. 

What I'm saying is, I think something is coming. 

• Like 3
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

On 3/11/2021 at 11:46 AM, kakapo said:

I know what hiking is but what is "twitching"?