IGNORED

Will BOC Release A New Album?

fumi

43 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

WARP usually don't say either way, so it's hard to be sure.

Oh my mistake, I thought they were on contract for at least one more. Must’ve been misinformed. Well anyways they are still listen under the artist roster. I refuse to believe they’re done until they say so. Which like, yea they are reclusive but they wouldn’t be keeping up with an online presence if they were done. 

1 minute ago, Friendly Stranger said:

Oh my mistake, I thought they were on contract for at least one more. Must’ve been misinformed. Well anyways they are still listen under the artist roster. I refuse to believe they’re done until they say so. Which like, yea they are reclusive but they wouldn’t be keeping up with an online presence if they were done. 

Just thinking out loud - I can't recall any WARP artist saying they were done with the label (contractually or otherwise) - can you?

2 hours ago, chibill said:

Are they under contract for another album at Warp?

I think BoC don't need to do anything for Warp cus they are already "owned" by Warp. If they want to release something they just pick up the phone and Warp are there to support them. 

Good team spirit in that label it seems. 

On 3/11/2021 at 4:29 PM, YELLOW said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Outlook not good

since i read this post i've been treating the spoiler tag like a real magic 8 ball and coming back to it has really been keeping me going over the last few weeks. my life is going to shit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Just thinking out loud - I can't recall any WARP artist saying they were done with the label (contractually or otherwise) - can you?

I guess not so point taken, just denying the possibility that there won’t be anymore new boc material. I’m also just naively optimistic and enthusiastic about a new album but I forgot we don’t do that around here when it comes to boc, for some reason.

It's interesting how Pynchon fans only talk about how much they like the works he's already published while BOC fans only talk about the sleep paralysis demon that told them about the cassette tape Marcus buried on the Skeleton Coast at geographic coordinates hidden in the track lengths of their previous albums.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 3/20/2021 at 1:06 AM, Friendly Stranger said:

I guess not so point taken, just denying the possibility that there won’t be anymore new boc material. I’m also just naively optimistic and enthusiastic about a new album but I forgot we don’t do that around here when it comes to boc, for some reason.

Hey Friendly Stranger ? 

Just wanted to say I always enjoy reading your posts. I’m also naively optimistic and enthusiastic with BoC. Mainly because if I was (like them) a Legendary Warp Record Music Maker I would have exactly the same approach as they do. Quiet, reclusive and pretty much off the radar. The phone rings and some Warp whippersnapper says do you want to do interviews or any features, maybe show off your new favourite woolly hat in the music press this year Mr Beerwolf? 

No. Bye.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

I really like how they distance themself from any kind of engagement with internet and fans - I guess its one of the key reasons why their music is still very much on point

• Like 1

5 hours ago, o00o said:

I really like how they distance themself from any kind of engagement with internet and fans - I guess its one of the key reasons why their music is still very much on point

Yes and keep in mind how their back catalogue looks like.. You can't deny that this guys have a genuine passion for music.

BoC have tons of unreleased material but now they don't seem to be interested in publicity and not ready for it.. Something is gonna come out for sure and sorry may take many years. 

On 3/19/2021 at 12:38 PM, Joyrex said:

Prefuse 73

i seem to recall he said they dropped him

1 hour ago, Alcofribas said:

Prefuse 73

i seem to recall he said they dropped him

I guess I mean the label saying "we're done with so-and-so"

55 minutes ago, o00o said:

Clark?

Oh, aye...

Ik really don't care if they release a new thing or not. The boys have put out some good projects, if anything else comes that'll be really nice but they don't have to, their legacy has already been etched in electronic music history.

I used to be one of those guys that world always say "they owe is more music or at least an announcement when they actually decide to stop" but they literally don't owe us shit lol

Edited by thumbass

I did think to myself there’s no way on Earth they will take longer than last time. Hahah ? Wrong!!

At least watmm is much less hostile and more chill than during Radio Silence. Things went South to the land of bonkers then. Was like an online bar fight that spilled out onto the street and joyrex was the sheriff ?

Edited by beerwolf
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, beerwolf said:

I did think to myself there’s no way on Earth they will take longer than last time. Hahah ? Wrong!!

At least watmm is much less hostile and more chill than during Radio Silence. Things went South to the land of bonkers then. Was like an online bar fight that spilled out onto the street and joyrex was the sheriff ?

They did suggest the album after THs wouldn’t take 8 years to come out, which gives us a couple months here. But of course life happens, so it’d be hard to blame anyone if they couldn’t uphold it. 

id be over the moon just to see something in 2021. Hopefully about the planet healing. Or something more escapist and pastoral. Another apocalypse album would be too dour. Wonder what kind of mood the brother have been in these past couple years!

• Like 1

I enjoyed the first the first one the most, simply titled "The Shows"

_79618591_carousel.jpg

Track listing:

1. Rue The Waltzer

2.Mary Kiana Industries

3. Travellers have The Right to Thirteen Children

4. '84 Pontiac Caravan Dream

5. Trans Cowdenbeath Dual Carriage Way

6. Julie and Candyfloss

7. Gypos Ruined a Beautiful Place Out In The Country Park

8. Everything You Do Is To Win A Balloon 

9. How Quickly Would I Die, If I Jumped From The Top Of The Parachutes?

10. Fairground Attraction

[apologies in advance...obviously too much time on my hands when I should be working - which brings us back to the brothers...   : )  ]

Edited by Sensitive Outsider
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/25/2021 at 3:54 PM, scumtron said:

Jimmy Edgar and Jimi Tenor was dropped by Warp, I think. There was some noise concerning both of them, but I’m too lazy to look for links.

The latter I think was something to do with an extravagant budget requirement for a full orchestra for an album that nearly bankrupted them..... May have been the Warp book that mentioned that ( Warp: Labels Unlimited by Rob Young ) or just my brain completely mis-associating disparate facts.

• Big Brain 2

7 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

The latter I think was something to do with an extravagant budget requirement for a full orchestra for an album that nearly bankrupted them..... May have been the Warp book that mentioned that ( Warp: Labels Unlimited by Rob Young ) or just my brain completely mis-associating disparate facts.

You are correct! 

Edited by beerwolf

On 3/30/2021 at 5:14 PM, d-a-m-o said:

Meanwhile at Warp :

1321452524_Capturedecran2021-03-30a18_12_14.thumb.png.a9dc279b8c5920db17a0960136e4bac3.png

:cerious:

Yikes .... sounds like something John Callaghan would've done when he was on Warp

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1