Jump to content

Will BOC Release A New Album?


fumi
 Share

Recommended Posts

I can understand why newer younger fans might be impatient. As a long time fan/old bastard this gap has been a walk in the park compared to the last one. Now I expect the gaps between albums to increase exponentially. They probably will put out another record in the next 5 years, and it will probably be a bit crapper than TH, this seems to be the trajectory for most artists/humans.

 I think they have the best of intentions to be more productive, but a combination of perfectionism and setbacks usually seems to scupper these plans.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 4/11/2021 at 2:06 PM, Key said:

I can understand why newer younger fans might be impatient. As a long time fan/old bastard this gap has been a walk in the park compared to the last one. Now I expect the gaps between albums to increase exponentially. They probably will put out another record in the next 5 years, and it will probably be a bit crapper than TH, this seems to be the trajectory for most artists/humans.

 I think they have the best of intentions to be more productive, but a combination of perfectionism and setbacks usually seems to scupper these plans.

Yupp, think the same. Even other examples as mbv or slowdive, took 22 years to release more material... hope that's not inspirational for the bros

the wait will be worth so let's be patient

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Makes you wonder. Last time during radio silence there was a few years of massive tension and infighting. Nowadays no one seems to give a fucking shit. Probably because their fan base has also grown up (apart from Dork HQ twoism) and got things/life to deal with. I doubt the same meltdown will ensue as it did with Tomorrow’s Harvest. Unless of course they really out out something mythical. This thread is about as dead and interesting as anything to do with the latest Burial project. A massive snooze fest. How the fuck can you get excited about about a ‘tweet’ from Marcus. I’m more excited about shaving my ball-sack and having a midnight wank.

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

imo their mainline albums kinda have this narrative trajectory to them

MHTRTC: first decade of life, very warm & nostalgic

Geogaddi: teenage years, kinda dark & edgy but still in this very warm/analogue style

Campfire: college years, more "real world" associations. things are a bit cleaner, there is this feeling of reaching adulthood but still quite optimistic about the future

Harvest: being in your 30s, suddenly much less nostalgic sounding. this lingering tension & awareness of complex real world/political themes

I kinda hope the next one continues this progression in a way that also affectively kills nostalgia culture

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Cryptowen said:

imo their mainline albums kinda have this narrative trajectory to them

MHTRTC: first decade of life, very warm & nostalgic

Geogaddi: teenage years, kinda dark & edgy but still in this very warm/analogue style

Campfire: college years, more "real world" associations. things are a bit cleaner, there is this feeling of reaching adulthood but still quite optimistic about the future

Harvest: being in your 30s, suddenly much less nostalgic sounding. this lingering tension & awareness of complex real world/political themes

I kinda hope the next one continues this progression in a way that also affectively kills nostalgia culture

in another thread (opn?) you commented on a shift in age from perceptions and expectations about things following a kind of narrative or meaningful order into an older viewpoint where things are accepted as more ambiguous, amorphous. I find these ideas of yours quite interesting. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Alcofribas said:

in another thread (opn?) you commented on a shift in age from perceptions and expectations about things following a kind of narrative or meaningful order into an older viewpoint where things are accepted as more ambiguous, amorphous. I find these ideas of yours quite interesting. 

thanks! it's something i'd like to develop further, maybe write a proper thing on.  a very common complaint about artists' careers/life in general is "you get older, magic is lost to complexity, you become cynical & bureaucratic"; but i think there's a way of reframing it as a continuous process of evolution. you lose the naive magical frame of youth but you open up the possibility of affirming some higher-level narrative of Becoming which incorporates that process of "loss" without simply ruminating on it

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cryptowen said:

imo their mainline albums kinda have this narrative trajectory to them

MHTRTC: first decade of life, very warm & nostalgic

Geogaddi: teenage years, kinda dark & edgy but still in this very warm/analogue style

Campfire: college years, more "real world" associations. things are a bit cleaner, there is this feeling of reaching adulthood but still quite optimistic about the future

Harvest: being in your 30s, suddenly much less nostalgic sounding. this lingering tension & awareness of complex real world/political themes

I kinda hope the next one continues this progression in a way that also affectively kills nostalgia culture

guys, wouldn't the possibility of a Hell Interface album be perfect for the spot after TH 😮

  • Like 2
  • Farnsworth 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/21/2021 at 3:58 PM, Dragon said:

guys, wouldn't the possibility of a Hell Interface album be perfect for the spot after TH 😮

Depends - HI's main focus was covers, so unless it was an album of cover songs...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

...

I raise your 3 dots, and add a fourth....

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Joyrex said:

Depends...

...are what we'll all be wearing by the time the Bois release something new -

71SdH445GML._AC_SX425_.jpg

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BobDobalina said:

...are what we'll all be wearing by the time the Bois release something new -

71SdH445GML._AC_SX425_.jpg

 

 

You... don't wear these already? I thought everybody wore these...?

  • Burger 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/24/2021 at 12:40 PM, Joyrex said:

You... don't wear these already? I thought everybody wore these...?

I wear them over my pants because that's what the cool kids do.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By YELLOW
      http://www.factmag.com/2011/12/20/is-steinvord-a-new-project-from-aphex-twin/
    • By nickthefish
      New Aphex Twin artwork spotted in the advertising boards at Elephant and Castle station in London near to Richard's old house at the bank.
       
      https://www.instagram.com/p/BlyzXuInz48
       
      New release imminent? 


    • By cear
      from dave monolith's facebook page:
       



      https://www.facebook.com/dave.monolith
      credit http://forum.watmm.com/topic/85542-various-artists-touched-2-compilation-out-now/page-5?do=findComment&comment=2256139
    • By hoggy
      I've been wondering what is the appeal of very cold, sterile, unemotional music - music that is automatic, jagged, random, indifferent, brash, harsh, anti-musical...
       
       
      What is your favourite music of this kind - how does it make you feel, or does it just make you think, does it inspire you, does it change how you think, do you enjoy the impenetrability?
       
       
      How does it speak to you? How does it make you feel? Can you share examples of your favourite music that might belong here?
       
       
      Is there always something intelligible to you in the music that you like, and the coldness is only a first impression, or do you enjoy hearing music that you can't understand and can't relate to?
       
       
      Thanks!
×
×
  • Create New...