IGNORED

Will BOC Release A New Album?

fumi

On 4/16/2023 at 11:38 PM, YangYing said:

well he apparently pmd someone on twoism that something was on the way some months ago.. nothing since then that i know of tho

An album is on its way. I wouldn’t say nothing is happening. 

IMG_7266.jpeg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

‘On the way’ could be a few more years though, in BOC Time…

Prior to this message the rumblings were more in the lines of “the brothers are still working on new material”. Which is also a great thing to read. 
But now the tone changed to something very much more definite: “an album is on its way”. I hope you can see the difference.

• Like 2

The album is probably done, they are taking their time and thought on how to announce it in a new postneoesoteric original way, which is an essential element. The cosecha signals lore were a work of art at the level if not superior than the Tomorrow Harvest LP itself

Edited by Milwaukeeeee

I'm mostly hoping boc will release an old album and I will now use some bulletpoint statements to legitimize my hope;

-old album is already finished, new album in potential constant state of flux

-nostalgic lo-fi hiphop beats to be sentimental to is boc's usp

-old boc is good boc new boc is foreign boc

-boc are pretty goddamn old by now and shouldn't embarrass theyselves by trying to do something new

-the best boc is the boc we have

-new bad old good

-vintage synthesizers are analog and that is better than the midi controller who're digital (except for a couple of analog plugins who were designed with physical modelling in mind and etc)

Just now, user said:

I'm mostly hoping boc will release an old album and I will now use some bulletpoint statements to legitimize my hope;

-boc are pretty goddamn old by now and shouldn't embarrass theyselves by trying to do something new

-new bad old good

-vintage synthesizers are analog and that is better than the midi controller who're digital (except for a couple of analog plugins who were designed with physical modelling in mind and etc)but maybe they could consider using some round-robin sampling techniques or something. at least make some effort to school themselves into making authentic sounding analog-style synth leads that don't sound like some re-sampled fruity loops 1998 trance loops. (edm is dead)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, user said:

-new bad old good

-vintage synthesizers are analog and that is better than the midi controller who're digital (except for a couple of analog plugins who were designed with physical modelling in mind and etc)

please see the qouted posed to seet

Just now, user said:

wait no it s worng]

qq

Just now, user said:

wait no it s worng]

qq

Just now, user said:

wait no it s worng]

OVNOXUOUA CIUNT¡¡

On 4/23/2023 at 2:49 PM, Fredd-E said:

An album is on its way. I wouldn’t say nothing is happening. 

IMG_7266.jpeg

Until there's an announcement (officially)... nothing is happening. BOC could have 10 albums (and probably do in some form or another, or the sheer number of unreleased tracks could be compiled into albums or EPs) waiting in the wings, but until released to the public, it's nothing.

• Like 3
  • Burger 1

Can’t sleep and it’s 02.12

Maybe they don’t care about making music so much nowadays, or at least of a quality that’s good enough for their fan base and their own high standards. If you think in nearly 20 years they have just produced Tomorrows Harvest that surely tells you something isn’t what it use to be. Also, I guess unlike their label mates, music isn’t their main cash flow so no pressure for new music. I don’t believe they have multiple albums of classic material just gathering dust.

Hey Ho, I need to ? 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

Times have changed, most of us are older, life takes on a completely different perspective. Not only for the music makers but also for the music listeners. Do I care as much nowadays if Tom releases the Rome Track? Nope. Sure it would be nice, but hey ho. For me the whole BOC thing has gone way past its sell by date. Even a decade ago they were teasing live events. Why? Is this how you actually think you should think you should treat your fans? Name another band that continuously make suggestions that never materialises? It's shoddy imo. Tempt them with BOC sets, EPs, gigs. Yet nothing ever fucking happens. Why? I dunno, the evidence tells me, that in real life if I went about telling close friends (or in this case their fanbase) a load of bullshit then sooner rather than later they would not be my friends anymore. Maybe they have some ego to feed? Maybe they aren't as cool and as great as you think they are. Maybe they actually have cult like tendencies themselves. Because that's what they pretty much have instigated. I've even witnessed pure Stockholm Syndrome on twoism. But remember they don't owe us anything. I seriously hope a lot of twoism don't get to the end of their days realising they spent a huge subordinate amount of their life thinking about all the things they never received from their favourite band. Evidence suggests that's highly likely what will happen.

So now prove me wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

in real life if I went about telling close friends (or in this case their fanbase) a load of bullshit then sooner rather than later they would not be my friends anymore.

as a fan, i am a close friend of the brothers…

also this line of reasoning is flawed bc the brothers are always saying their actual close friends have like hundreds of unreleased boc albums. 

this absence is not entirely without precedent, right? MBV released *two* LPs and then simply stopped putting out music for like 50 years. another band that comes to mind is portishead. also seefeel. by comparison boc are rather prolific. 

idk what they're up to. just living their lives i suppose. but they are not obligated to release music to the public imo. i understand it's more "normal" for recording artists to put out albums every couple of years but why should that be normal for boc? they're doing their own thing. would be utterly amazing to hear some New Tunes but we have nothing to complain about considering the amazing worlds of music we have from them in our life time thusfar.  

imo they have always been outsiders in a way. they’ve always done their own thing. even when they started releasing music on skam and warp, they were the special sensitive boys that made us cry like little children and go wild into obsessive conspiracies behind their albums. it would probably kind of suck if they just did the same old thing as many artist do - just churning out records, touring, doing RBMA interviews, popping up on boomkat every coupla months. these boys aren’t meant for this urban world, they’re busy in the woods and shit. 

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

For me the whole BOC thing has gone way past its sell by date. Even a decade ago they were teasing live events. Why? Is this how you actually think you should think you should treat your fans? Name another band that continuously make suggestions that never materialises? It's shoddy imo

i totally agree

even if we've been spoiled by other extremely prolific artists, BOC has been teasing at releasing old compilation albums since 2001 (or maybe even earlier). it's a bit ridiculous.

Edited by Ski Nell

13 minutes ago, Ski Nell said:

i totally agree

even if we've been spoiled by other extremely prolific artists, BOC has been teasing at releasing old compilation albums since 2001 (or maybe even earlier). it's a bit ridiculous.

what are we talking about here, exactly?

3 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

what are we talking about here, exactly?

https://bocpages.org/wiki/Statements_from_Hexagon_Sun

on the oldest post

the entire BOC back-catalogue is included in the recording and publishing schedules with Warp Music/EMI, and therefore is copyright protected by those parties. According to the band, the older compilations being circulated at the moment are quite likely to be re-released in the near future complete with their original artwork. Keep your eyes peeled at www.boardsofcanada.com for more news about this. Peace and all the best to you,
Goderich, Hexagon Sun, Aug 2001

:catcry: