IGNORED

Will BOC Release A New Album?

fumi

4 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

they apparently said a project was “quite likely” over 20 years ago…uh ok?

since august of 2001 have they released any new albums or eps or anything?

it's specifically about releasing a compilation of their earlier works, something they have explicitly hinted at and talked about numerous times. that's what my original post is about. 

29 minutes ago, Ski Nell said:

it's specifically about releasing a compilation of their earlier works, something they have explicitly hinted at and talked about numerous times. that's what my original post is about. 

sorry they hurt you  

id be interested in hearing some unreleased tunes but imo I don’t really care to have Official releases of AFOT, OTv2, R35T. boc maxima. Those have existed so long as digital bootlegs that to me, that’s just what they are for us. I’m fine with that. 

would love to hear stuff like the acoustic MHTRTC and the numerous full albums worth of stuff they’ve hinted at for sure but I’m not mad about it

3 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

sorry they hurt you  

? 

would love to hear stuff like the acoustic MHTRTC and the numerous full albums worth of stuff they’ve hinted at for sure but I’m not mad about it

not angry or mad about it, just kinda disappointed. ?

27 minutes ago, Ski Nell said:

?

not angry or mad about it, just kinda disappointed. ?

sorry, didn’t mean to be rude to you. 

we’ve had this debate throughout the thread so all I can say about this specific aspect is that I have loads of cassettes of music I made in my teens and early 20s. I only ever have this to friends. if somehow I became very successful I would absolutely never want that stuff released. for various reasons. seems normal. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

sorry, didn’t mean to be rude to you. 

we’ve had this debate throughout the thread so all I can say about this specific aspect is that I have loads of cassettes of music I made in my teens and early 20s. I only ever have this to friends. if somehow I became very successful I would absolutely never want that stuff released. for various reasons. seems normal. 

i can definitely understand that aspect of it

Based on absolutely zero evidence, I think we get at least an announcement by end of September. I selfishly really want/need another fall album so that’s probably driving the comment. They’re not going out on a remix. Just living their lives, tunes will come eventually.

16 hours ago, Friendly Stranger said:

Based on absolutely zero evidence, I think we get at least an announcement by end of September. I selfishly really want/need another fall album so that’s probably driving the comment. They’re not going out on a remix. Just living their lives, tunes will come eventually.

Quite likely.

59 minutes ago, NewSchoolScience said:

Who's the wee guy at the bottom?  MDG?

Looks like a seriously worried (or maybe constipated) Alexander Ludwig.

i remember the pages of speculation we had about a MHTRTC 10th Anniversary edition, way back in 2007/8. now we're looking at 10 years since Tomorrow's Harvest (June 10th) and an even bigger milestone - 25 years - since MHTRTC.

On 4/25/2023 at 10:55 PM, Alcofribas said:

id be interested in hearing some unreleased tunes but imo I don’t really care to have Official releases of AFOT, OTv2, R35T. boc maxima. Those have existed so long as digital bootlegs that to me, that’s just what they are for us. I’m fine with that. 

i kinda agree with this, but i'm still pretty sure that BoC/Warp Records still see those albums as unreleased, in relation to new releases and reissues. remember that when they released the WXAXRXP Peel Session in 2019 they treated XYZ as a completely new/unreleased track.

still, maybe they'll consider putting out the handful of essential gems on AFOT like Mansel, 5-9-78, Buckie High, track A06... crazy how much those stand out amongst the other similarly lo-fi or immature-sounding tracks.

• Like 2

Well I guess the new album is coming soon. I hope it’s really good. No one can deny their talent. All their albums, depending on personal mood, are imo great to classic. And it would be a good thing to discuss new BOC tracks than just all the insane, troll, funny gibberish that we’ve done for the last decade. I wonder what’s on the horizon? maybe a double album? Could be. One thing, I bet it won’t be a disappointment. 

• Like 1