IGNORED

Will BOC Release A New Album?

fumi

On 4/25/2023 at 10:03 PM, beerwolf said:

For me the whole BOC thing has gone way past its sell by date. Even a decade ago they were teasing live events. Why? Is this how you actually think you should think you should treat your fans? Name another band that continuously make suggestions that never materialises? It's shoddy imo. Tempt them with BOC sets, EPs, gigs. Yet nothing ever fucking happens.

Maybe they aren't as cool and as great as you think they are. Maybe they actually have cult like tendencies themselves. Because that's what they pretty much have instigated.

I've even witnessed pure Stockholm Syndrome on twoism. But remember they don't owe us anything. I seriously hope a lot of twoism don't get to the end of their days realising they spent a huge subordinate amount of their life thinking about all the things they never received from their favourite band. Evidence suggests that's highly likely what will happen.

So now prove me wrong.

On 4/25/2023 at 3:12 AM, beerwolf said:

Maybe they don’t care about making music so much nowadays, or at least of a quality that’s good enough for their fan base and their own high standards. If you think in nearly 20 years they have just produced Tomorrows Harvest that surely tells you something isn’t what it use to be. Also, I guess unlike their label mates, music isn’t their main cash flow so no pressure for new music. I don’t believe they have multiple albums of classic material just gathering dust.

=>

9 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Well I guess the new album is coming soon. I hope it’s really good. No one can deny their talent. All their albums, depending on personal mood, are imo great to classic. And it would be a good thing to discuss new BOC tracks than just all the insane, troll, funny gibberish that we’ve done for the last decade. I wonder what’s on the horizon? maybe a double album? Could be. One thing, I bet it won’t be a disappointment. 

Well, that escalated quickly. ? I welcome you on the positive Twoism side. I feel good about 2023.

• Like 1

Hahaha take almost everything I say on the BOC sub forum during long periods of radio silence with a huuuuge pinch of salt. I think it’s where I come when I need to hit a punch bag. I’m a pretty laid back, well mannered, nice bloke in real life. Well 95% of the time anyway ✌️

I do enjoy stirring the hexagon shaped cauldron. While we are on the subject, sorry if I’m rude about twoism ?

Edited by beerwolf
  • Haha 1

Hey Fredd what you think about Collapse? Listening to it right now. Pretty trippy stuff. The kind of trip that heads south. Fast.

Palace Posy straight after pretty trippy also..Split Your Infinites. Then the Red Centre aboriginal tribal apocalyptic vibe of Uritual 

next level

then

Nothing Is Real

(time for bed)

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

On 5/13/2023 at 8:04 PM, beerwolf said:

I’m pissed it’s Saturday. Is this a one way conversation?

No. You just need to give it a bit longer.

In other news. Warp seems to have finally acquired the rights to Hi Scores. WARPDD367 <-- The first BoC related CAT# in a decade. ?

https://bleep.com/release/388652-boards-of-canada-hi-scores

https://www.discogs.com/release/27087237-Boards-Of-Canada-Hi-Scores

I guess Warp will announce it pretty soon now on their socials. Maybe it's only about Hi Scores, or maybe it's an opportunity to go full out. ?

• Like 5

I was pretty obsessed with boc for a while but during the last 3 years so much other music came along with their own psychedelic values that boc took more of a backseat. It’s still nice to come down from trips but it’s not my main go to music anymore 

Edited by o00o
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, o00o said:

I was pretty obsessed with boc for a while but during the last 3 years so much other music came along with their own psychedelic values that boc took more of a backseat. It’s still nice to come down from trips but it’s not my main go to music anymore 

Need more sonic merchandise to sink our teeth into. I hardly play them at all for quite a few years now. That will spin 180 degrees with a blink of an eye as soon as new stuff is released. Plus I learned years ago when I was a nipper, the tactic in not overplaying records. So it’s better to rest them anyway. In my humble opinion.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

Need more sonic merchandise to sink our teeth into. I hardly play them at all for quite a few years now. That will spin 180 degrees with a blink of an eye as soon as new stuff is released. Plus I learned years ago the tactic in not overplaying records. So it’s better to rest them anyway. In my humble opinion.

Same here. My LastFM stats show this. Easy on the BoC the last couple of years. But I'm ready to dive into it all again when the moment comes.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Fredd-E said:

Same here. My LastFM stats show this. Easy on the BoC the last couple of years. But I'm ready to dive into it all again when the moment comes.

Still on pretty regular rotation for me, not that I'm not diving into different artists, genres, etc. but BoC is still a primary listen. Maybe it's in part due to the recent chatter. I also used to follow @Fredd-Es instagram page before I decided to ditch all social media, so the discussion and engagement there kept them top of mind for me. 

Plus, I'm an unashamed fanboy. I am who I am!

• Like 2

Alco Official BOC Theory (TM)

i suspect the brothers have utilized DNA tracking technology (e.g., 23 and me) to discover further brothers who are being trained in BOC studio techniques. some of these brothers were too young at first and years were needed to raise and train them in the THS environment. the next album will feature several hitherto unknown brothers.

• Farnsworth 1
  • Big Brain 1

10 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

i suspect the brothers have utilized DNA tracking technology (e.g., 23 and me) to discover further brothers who are being trained in BOC studio techniques. some of these brothers were too young at first and years were needed to raise and train them in the THS environment. the next album will feature several hitherto unknown brothers.

Interesting if true

17 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

boc sisters about to enter the stage

• Farnsworth 1

If BOC release a full-length before 31 December 2023... I will be VERY surprised (and happy)

Hell, ANYTHING would be nice (but please no more remixes of sub-par bands tracks)

2 hours ago, Joyrex said:

If BOC release a full-length before 31 December 2023... I will be VERY surprised (and happy)

Hell, ANYTHING would be nice (but please no more remixes of sub-par bands tracks)

Why the emphasis on VERY? Are you implying you know there won’t be a 2023 LP based on some bird’s whisper?

Sub-par bands. Ouch.

if they can hit again a grade sss+ esoteric tier completely reworked track remix like in "Last walk around mirror Lake" I don't give a dime if it is a Solomun trakc or something else. Treat em right instrumental remix was correct (not liking mix with the annoying vocals) rest of recent remixes were not really amazing. Probably they dislike a lot getting attention and being kinda mainstream now, that they refuse to release some new music around due to the loss of that outsider factor they seemed to appreciate so much

Edited by Milwaukeeeee

23 hours ago, Fredd-E said:

Why the emphasis on VERY? Are you implying you know there won’t be a 2023 LP based on some bird’s whisper?

Sub-par bands. Ouch.

I know nothing (no inside tracks anymore; haven't had any for years), but let's call it "experience" due to my age... or as the kids say "my hot take"?

We're not getting anything ever again. They're done with music (at least releasing it commercially). I would LOVE to be wrong though. Maybe reissues (Twoism), but nothing new per se.

No BOC set, no pre-Twoism material, nada.

Again - just my personal old man jaded pessimistic opinion.

Or... they just do things in their own time, and 10+ years is what they think is an appropriate timeframe.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

I know nothing (no inside tracks anymore; haven't had any for years), but let's call it "experience" due to my age... or as the kids say "my hot take"?

We're not getting anything ever again. They're done with music (at least releasing it commercially). I would LOVE to be wrong though. Maybe reissues (Twoism), but nothing new per se.

Or... they just do things in their own time, and 10+ years is what they think is an appropriate timeframe.

I’m an old man and I have the opposite take, or at least agree with your last sentence that they’re on their own timeline. I think new music will surface, and a BoC set is less likely simply because people have already been listening to it for years. I also think they prefer that older stuff to live on dusty cassette tapes and not heavyweight vinyl. 

but what do any of us know, really.

6 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Imagine if the musical sendoff for Boards Of Canada as a whole was the Treat Em Right remix two years ago. I wouldn't feel very well treated. More like a prostitute.

• Haha 6

21 hours ago, Joyrex said:

You know I respect you Joyrex, but you did say the same thing about Mr R James. I have an uncanny memory when it comes to certain things. And I do remember you saying exactly the same thing about Aphex. That he was finished with music and retired. Never to reappear again. And I remember specifically arguing with you that he hadn't, because someone like that can never be finished with making music because that is surely as essential as the air they breathe. There could be an argument for the whole being bothered to commercially release it, and I definitely believe that BOC are more hardcore and serious with that than Aphex (BOC for example would never release some of the ha-ha mischievous music that Richard did). However Richard came back with Syro, Cheetah and Soundcloud! So who knows what BOC will return with?

BOC likes some Warp beer tokens as well I'm sure :boc: ?

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 3