IGNORED

Will BOC Release A New Album?

fumi

another succession of posts with awesome potential to blow a sack load of BOC jizz to the moon just peters out into a limp aching cold cock dribble

no good

Kinda like their release arc, AMIRITE

*finger guns*

So this band is clever is that a lot of the backstory to their music is just as interesting than the actual music. There's definite a lot of mythology to all their albums. Which some how gets drip fed to us through twoism. 

I'm fucking well pissed and I deserve it ('cause I aint had a sip all week), so I can't put it precisely into words, but you know what I'm saying right? How Mike and Marcus do this thing of playing with stuff. Like for example for the track Amo Bishop Roden they met up with her on a road trip and interviewed her? What the fuck is that all about? Is it true.

Another example would be the more I read into the Geogaddi album on bocpages the more I was ...ahh  I can't be bothered I'm fucking tired.goodnight

fellow Knights of The Music Making (and listening( Roundtable

So this band is clever is that a lot of the backstory to their music is just as interesting than the actual music. There's definite a lot of mythology to all their albums. Which some how gets drip fed to us through twoism.

I'm fucking well pissed and I deserve it ('cause I aint had a sip all week), so I can't put it precisely into words, but you know what I'm saying right? How Mike and Marcus do this thing of playing with stuff. Like for example for the track Amo Bishop Roden they met up with her on a road trip and interviewed her? What the fuck is that all about? Is it true.

Another example would be the more I read into the Geogaddi album on bocpages the more I was ...ahh I can't be bothered I'm fucking tired.goodnight

love u man

Another example would be the more I read into the Geogaddi album on bocpages the more I was ...ahh  I can't be bothered I'm fucking tired.goodnight

wtf is boards of canada mythology

So this band is clever is that a lot of the backstory to their music is just as interesting than the actual music. There's definite a lot of mythology to all their albums.

Is there really? What's the mythology behind Music Has The Right or Campfire Headphase besides them just going and making a bunch of tunes

So this band is clever is that a lot of the backstory to their music is just as interesting than the actual music. There's definite a lot of mythology to all their albums.

Is there really? What's the mythology behind Music Has The Right or Campfire Headphase besides them just going and making a bunch of tunes

I dunno about that album, but in the interviews for Tomorrow’s Harvest they mention scouring the earth for one synth that you can hear for about one second during Cold Earth. A lot of BoC fans see things like this as a testament to their artistry, but I see them mentioning this as compensation for a lack of fresh ideas whether they intended it that way or not.

Maybe they took the criticism of The Campfire Headphase to heart. But it’s not like people objected to more exploratory song structures or new layers of detail, they just didn’t like guitars or summery vibes. That’s why I didn’t believe TH was their actual new album when I heard it. It threw away a lot of interesting progress for seemingly no reason.

That’s why I didn’t believe TH was their actual new album when I heard it. It threw away a lot of interesting progress for seemingly no reason.

but there was 8 years in between those albums. it's not like they stopped making music. we just kind of skipped over the transition if that even were the case. I am sure they made a lot of music in between those albums in various versions of their style.

Fun fact: Campfire Headphase was unwittingly created by the boys in making the first installment (S1:E1) of the Netflix direct-to-8mm series "You've Been Bibio'd!" starring Casey Affleck and DJ Khaled.  They even joke about in "Iradelphic" (S1:E3) and "Dead bug on a windowsill" (S1:E8).

That’s why I didn’t believe TH was their actual new album when I heard it. It threw away a lot of interesting progress for seemingly no reason.

but there was 8 years in between those albums. it's not like they stopped making music. we just kind of skipped over the transition if that even were the case. I am sure they made a lot of music in between those albums in various versions of their style.

I think what a lot of people were unaware of was in those 8 years, they were raising families - just like Richard took a rather long sabbatical between his Tuss releases (let alone DrukQs) and Syro. Sure, both BOC and Richard were still making music, but releasing it (and all the work involved in doing so) wasn't a priority at the time.

I think what a lot of people were unaware of was in those 8 years, they were raising families - just like Richard took a rather long sabbatical between his Tuss releases (let alone DrukQs) and Syro. Sure, both BOC and Richard were still making music, but releasing it (and all the work involved in doing so) wasn't a priority at the time.

they should have released during those times, we could have got gems like "the wheels on the bus- daddy remix" :) or my favroite, "the itsy bity spider- heat remix"