IGNORED

xuiqen - moiré

Yeah, picked this up a couple days ago off of seeing it posted here. It's pretty interesting, really unique form to the tracks. It's a little off-putting at first because of that, and I think that the seemingly-random feel flow of the songs might hinder them ultimately, but it's nonetheless well worth checking out and diving in deep on listening. I've only listened to it through like twice, will be very curious to see how I feel about it after 20 listens.

• 6 months later...

Great stuff, impressive that all this is livetakes. can those two machines do generative things? or is this merely a lot of preparation?

can't seem to find this on bandcamp anymore by the way..

Rytm and Digitakt can do plenty of stuff with varying degrees of 'generative' feels...though the word generative is pretty damned vague. Sure there's a lot of planning and improvisation, probably with some amount of on the fly creation as well. Likely lots of prep, though I'm speculating based on my own experience with Elektron boxes.

They wrote a note a few months back to their Bandcamp followers saying the album was taken down because there's a label that wants to re-release it at some point, I think including physical copies. I can't remember what else was mentioned beyond that, maybe was a bigger label even? Dunno. I can still see the release in my purchases collection (not even 'private' as Patronen A and B releases are after another label bought the rights or whatever), but there's no page to go to, just a download link, or it seems you can stream it there as well. 

• 7 months later...

Pleasantly jittery stuff, but Autechre this ain't.

Which is an unfair comparison anyways.

It's a good showcase for what you can do with only a Rytm and a Digitakt. Elektron should hire them to do showcases.

Figured it was about time to hop on here and say:
1. We really appreciate all of the kind words.
2. Sadly, there is no official physical media planned for Moiré. We plan to self-author cassettes for selling at shows; we'll likely make them available for selling online if we can find a solid duplication service. 
3. We are in talks for physical on the sophomore, which has been wrapped (in the programming department), and we've just been waiting for a couple bugs (concerning the Rytm MKII's control input modulation) to get squashed before recording. Hopefully this will be soon.
4. The sophomore will feature the A4 MKII, the AR MKII and the DT. 
5. We are also of the opinion that a photo of Sean & Rob should be placed/ found next to the word "inimitable" in the dictionary.

Pleasantly jittery stuff, but Autechre this ain't.

Which is an unfair comparison anyways.

It's a good showcase for what you can do with only a Rytm and a Digitakt. Elektron should hire them to do showcases.

Obv. it's not Autechre. Using Ae as a reference point isn't entirely uncalled for. It's probably more helpful than saying "if you like Geto Boys, you might dig xuiqen" ... jfc

Archived